Letter regarding wind farm moratorium

Started by Elk County Farm Bureau, June 20, 2011, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 27, 2011, 09:12:02 AM
This half of the two wasn't invited to the dance.

How blind are you?  You weren't even half of the two.... you (and all other land owners) were the parties that were jilted at the door to the limo when the whore wearing propeller ear rings and our date drove off. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

The fact remains that Elk County was not invited to the governour's conference that resulted in Elk County becoming a part of the Flint Hills and under the moratorium on Wind Farms.

kshillbillys

Wilma: You need to pull your head out of your cats' sandbox. Since the new highway north of Howard has been built, on the southbound side coming towards Howard, about a half of mile south of the Greenwood County line, around Turkey Road, there has been a sign welcoming people to the FLINT HILLS. If I'm not mistaken, Kathleen Sebelius was still in office when that road was constructed. You really should get out more and look around. ---Mr. KSH

P.S. I realize you have your own maps and don't need to look at anything on the internet, but here is the link to all the counties of the Flint Hills.
http://www.kansasflinthills.travel/counties/

P.S.S. Here is a link to "Shirley" of Howard who takes care of the HOWARD page of the Kansas Flint Hills website. It also shows that she joined the website in December of 2006 (which by the way would've been before Brownback became governor!).
http://www.kansasflinthills.travel/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=50

P.S.S.S. Explorer Zebulon Pike first coined the name the Flint Hills in 1806 when he entered into his journal, "passed very ruff flint hills". The underlying bedrock of the hills is a flinty limestone. The Flint Hills were created approximately 250 million years ago during the Permian Period. During this time much of the Midwest, including Kansas and Oklahoma, were covered with shallow seas. As a result, much of the Flint Hills are composed of limestone and shale with plentiful fossils of prehistoric sea creatures. (source: Wikipedia). So the FLINT HILLS have been around for quite sometime, stretching from northern Kansas to northern Oklahoma.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

How long has that sign been there?  Not since the road was finished I can quarantee you.  I think Ms. Sebelius left Topeka in 2009, when she accepted a position in the present administration.  I don't remember when the sign appeared, but I don't think it has been there 2 years.  I got a 2009-2010 Kansas map today and guess what.  It has Elk, Greenwood and Chautauqua designated as being Osage Cuestas.  Putting up a sign that says different doesn't change the lay of the land.  If it was Osage Cuestas ten years ago, it is still Osage Cuestas.  I don't know how these things are decided, but I will bet it has something to with the makeup of the land and not just boundaries.

kshillbillys

Wilma: I am not a brick wall. I'm not going to argue with you like it will. The damn sign has been there since the damn road was built. Let's just see how many other people have seen the sign!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 27, 2011, 07:51:28 PM
How long has that sign been there?  Not since the road was finished I can quarantee you.  I think Ms. Sebelius left Topeka in 2009, when she accepted a position in the present administration.  I don't remember when the sign appeared, but I don't think it has been there 2 years.  I got a 2009-2010 Kansas map today and guess what.  It has Elk, Greenwood and Chautauqua designated as being Osage Cuestas.  Putting up a sign that says different doesn't change the lay of the land.  If it was Osage Cuestas ten years ago, it is still Osage Cuestas.  I don't know how these things are decided, but I will bet it has something to with the makeup of the land and not just boundaries.

That sign and the one coming into elk county have been there since at least 2007 when i moved here. I remember seeing them both the first couple days i was here and I came up from 160 when i arrived. SO yeah they have been there since then.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 27, 2011, 07:51:28 PM
How long has that sign been there?  Not since the road was finished I can quarantee you.  I think Ms. Sebelius left Topeka in 2009, when she accepted a position in the present administration.  I don't remember when the sign appeared, but I don't think it has been there 2 years.  I got a 2009-2010 Kansas map today and guess what.

Guarantee all you wish.  Those signs went up within 6 months of highway completion.  And why not under Sowbelius... She doesn't know shit from shinola, what makes one think she would know the difference between a tallgrass praire and rolling cliffs?

jarhead

Quote from Patriot:
Sowbelius

Now that's a new one to me. Made me look like an old fool sitting here reading it and laughing out loud :D

Teresa

Quote from: jarhead on June 27, 2011, 08:50:36 PM
Quote from Patriot:
Sowbelius

Now that's a new one to me. Made me look like an old fool sitting here reading it and laughing out loud :D

You ARE an old fool....you didn't need that to cinch it..  ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on June 27, 2011, 08:50:36 PM
Quote from Patriot:
Sowbelius

So it was.... mooooving?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk