Subsidies, Energy Etc

Started by redcliffsw, June 29, 2011, 04:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

How Should Government Treat Energy Producers?

Of course, the government should neither inhibit nor subsidize any particular type of energy.
-Ron Paul

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul749.html

Catwoman

It amazes me that energy would have to be a welfare situation...Although, there are many forms of subsidies that amount to nothing more than a welfare handout to the recipients.  My cousins are wheat farmers who openly admit that there's no way to not make money off of wheat...You are paid for planting it, you are paid when you harvest it, you get paid even if the crop gets ruined (crop insurance).  In their opinion, if you fail financially at it, it's because you've really mismanaged your money.  I wouldn't know...I have never been a crop farmer...But according to them, the handouts are great, especially if you do something like sheep.  I wonder how many subsidies there are, in addition to energy, wheat and sheep?

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on June 29, 2011, 05:58:03 AM
It amazes me that energy would have to be a welfare situation...Although, there are many forms of subsidies that amount to nothing more than a welfare handout to the recipients.  My cousins are wheat farmers who openly admit that there's no way to not make money off of wheat...You are paid for planting it, you are paid when you harvest it, you get paid even if the crop gets ruined (crop insurance).  In their opinion, if you fail financially at it, it's because you've really mismanaged your money.  I wouldn't know...I have never been a crop farmer...But according to them, the handouts are great, especially if you do something like sheep.  I wonder how many subsidies there are, in addition to energy, wheat and sheep?

THey've cut the subsidies drastically on sheep.  They eliminated it on mohair producers years ago and guess what, they still make money. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

I wonder if there are subsidies on alpacas.

Patriot

I would think everything one wanted to know about available farm commodity subsidies could be found at the local FSA office.  Here's some contact info:

FSA  SERVICE CENTER OFFICE
GREENWOOD-ELK COUNTY FARM SERVICE AGENCY
1819 E RIVER ST
EUREKA, KS 67045-2157
(620) 583-5544
(620) 583-6236 Fax

Ernest Reusser
County Executive Director
(620) 583-5544
(620) 583-6236 fax
ernest.reusser@ks.usda.gov

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

More good, and locally relevant, information is available from the Environmental Working Group.  These folks report the actual recipients of subsidies and the amounts received, by year, up through 2010.

http://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?s=yup&stab=KS&city=&zip=67349&z=See+Recipients&last=&first=&stab=AL&fullname=&stab2=AL

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk