Question

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 17, 2011, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Anybody doing anything for 9-11? I ask because it falls on a Sunday. There is a church a few miles from here that has put 6,166 flags out on their front yard. It's amazing. Know where they came up with that number?

kshillbillys

For the 6,166 American Soldiers who have lost their lives in the War on Terror....
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

readyaimduck

Personally, I don't follow the numbers....not good with math, nor the updates on some faux news. (not to disrespect your count, Diane)
KShill is right on....whether that # is correct.....not my bounty.
FOR  911 day, I will give thanks that I am still among the living.

Otherwise, I am off to  eat a steak for my 3 day weekend.

Play nice,
ready for protein!

Diane Amberg

It was the number the church decided on and KS is right.

srkruzich

I just thank God that that number isn't higher like in the vietnam war! 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

There are some wars that were way higher than 6k in terms of numbers lost in just one day...If you HAVE to be involved in fighting a war, this is the age to be doing it in.  I will be having my students sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" on the 12th, since it is the closest date to the anniversary.  It'll be a great way to start out the school week for the kiddos!  :D 

jarhead

Quote from catwoman:
I will be having my students sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA"

I sure don't have a problem with you doing that, but better be prepared for some nut case Liberal parent to start screaming the ol "separation of church and state' BS

Diane Amberg

Nope ,it will be the Atheist parent. Liberals would be fine with it, same as using money at school lunch that has "In God We Trust" on it. Now when the kids have to exchange their money for neutral scrip before they can buy lunch we gotta real problem.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 05, 2011, 04:15:40 PM
Nope ,it will be the Atheist parent. Liberals would be fine with it, same as using money at school lunch that has "In God We Trust" on it. Now when the kids have to exchange their money for neutral scrip before they can buy lunch we gotta real problem.

When that happens its too late. I say we have a real problem now with the bunch that are attempting to put in place neutral monies.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

Quote from: jarhead on September 05, 2011, 03:09:20 PM
Quote from catwoman:
I will be having my students sing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA"

I sure don't have a problem with you doing that, but better be prepared for some nut case Liberal parent to start screaming the ol "separation of church and state' BS

I have managed to escape the clutches of those nut cases so far...lol...I have had my kids sing that song every year for years.  I also have the kids sing other things that have the name of God in it...Such as, "Don't Laugh At Me", a Mark Wills (or is it Willis...I can't remember) song that speaks against bullying but also says that "in God's eyes we're all the same...Someday, we'll all have perfect wings". 

Brazen, aren't I... ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk