Question

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 17, 2011, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The desolate road the light appears on was close to the former town of Hornet, which was apparently not much to begin with.

It seems to be called the Hornet Spooklight in most stories, although apparently it is also called the Spooklight and the Devil's Promenade, or something like that.

When I was there, it seems there was just a lone store selling soda and other minor stuff to the people going to see the light.

That was 37 years ago.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

In reference to some folks putting cinder blocks on their trash cans, etc., in order to deter raccoons as mentioned in some of the posts, above, the following was in the June 26, 2011, Denver Post.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Now that the bodies of those Seal VI team members have come home, by way of here, I was sad to see Kansas got hit with at least three of the deaths. Everything stopped around Dover as the planes landed and the President did come as was expected.
DAFB finished a really nice family reception center recently, so there is a nice place for the families to wait and visit with each other if they choose. I just can't imagine how hard it must be on the loved ones to see those flag draped transfer cases and then have to leave them behind again so they can be ''processed" and then sent on to their final resting place. Did any of you know any of them?

Ms Bear

That was a very sad day for America.  We have lost too many of our young men and women.  Can not imagine what those families are going through. 

Diane Amberg

I so much wish and pray that we can figure out a way to get this war business done with soon. We need the people and the money back here. Right now.

sixdogsmom

Amen, Diane, Amen  :'( :'(
Edie

Sarge

Elect Ron Paul and it will be done.  There is no need to have our troops scattered all over the world at the cost of billions if not trillions of dollars.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

sixdogsmom

IMHO this issue is the shining star in Ron Pauls' campaign. He should play it for all it's worth, o' course that will depend upon the republican party and whether they elect to use this issue as a plank in their campaign. Personally I think it doubtful that this will happen.
Edie

Jane

New Questions!!!!
When is the fall City wide garage sale? Missed the one in the spring.  8)

Mom70x7

In Howard - usually the first weekend in October.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk