DEM-O-GOGUE (Demagogue)

Started by Warph, June 16, 2011, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Demagogue: Though this definition emphasizes the use of lying and falsehoods, skilled demagogues often need to use only special emphasis by which an uncritical listener will be led to draw the desired conclusion themselves.  Moreover, a demagogue may well believe his or her own arguments (for example, there are good reasons to assume that Barack Hussein Obama.... certainly one of the most successful demagogues in history....sincerely believed his own anti-Jewish diatribes against Israel).  Obama is one, in his case he's a demOgogue.

The BIG Exaggeration: "Today the single most serious economic problem we face is getting people back to work. We stabilized the economy, we prevented a financial meltdown, an economy that was shrinking is now growing. We've added more than 2 million private sector jobs over the last 15 months alone. But -- I'm still not satisfied. I will not be satisfied until everyone who wants a good job that offers some security has a good job that offers security. I won't be satisfied until the empty store fronts in town are open for business again. I won't be satisfied until working families feel like they're moving forward again, that they're progressing again. That's what drives me every day when I walk down to the oval office." --Barack Obama

Patting himself on the back: "Targeting waste and making government more efficient have been a priority for my administration since day one. But as we work to tackle the budget deficit, we need to step up our game. ... No amount of waste is acceptable. Not when it's your money; not at a time when so many families are already cutting back." --Barack Obama
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

DEMO-GOGUE
June 22, 2011

Broken record: "Three quarters of a trillion dollars [the Republicans] slash from Medicaid. That's almost exactly the tax cut they want to give to the wealthiest people in our country." --House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi

The BIG Lie:  "I didn't run for president just to be president. It was never about me. It was about us." -- Barack Obama

Belly Laugh of the Week: "My administration is committed to ensuring that the United States continues to be the most attractive place for businesses to locate, invest, grow, and create jobs." --Barack Obama

Did he really save us? "We had lost four million jobs in the six months before I was sworn in; lost another four million during the period probably six months after I was elected. And so as a consequence, we had to do some things that we didn't expect we would have to do, just to save the economy -- stabilize the financial system, make sure that states and local governments didn't have to lay off police officers and cops and firefighters. We had to save an auto industry. I never expected to be a automobile executive. As a consequence of that swift, decisive, and sometimes difficult period, we were able to take an economy that was shrinking by about 6 percent and create an economy that is now growing, and has grown steadily now over many consecutive quarters. Over the last 15 months we've created over 2.1 million private sector jobs." --Barack Obama, who has grown government more than any of his predecessors

Uh oh: "We're going to give you the government you expect and deserve." --Joe Biden

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on June 16, 2011, 02:05:04 PM

[/b] "Targeting waste and making government more efficient have been a priority for my administration since day one. But as we work to tackle the budget deficit, we need to step up our game. ... No amount of waste is acceptable. Not when it's your money; not at a time when so many families are already cutting back." --Barack Obama

By God I got the first target.  OBAMA. Get rid of his sorry ass, in the very least take away his use of public money to go to parties in GB and arrive like he's elvis returned or something. 

Instead of allowing him to fly on AirForce one.... Send him over on the titanic!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk