Did You Know.....

Started by Warph, June 10, 2011, 11:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Judy Harder

That was the name of horse Dale Evans rode and was stuffed and placed in museum.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

W. Gray

Placed in a museum in southern Missouri along with Trigger and Bullet (the dog), but originally from Roy Rogers original museum in Victorville, California.

The Missouri museum closed and Trigger was sold to RFD-TV in Omaha for $266,000.

Bullet sold for $35,000 but don't know his whereabouts.

Buttermilk was also sold but do not have any information on price or who sold to.

Don't know where Nellie Bell is either.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

farmgal67357

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 12, 2011, 01:11:58 PM
Buttermilk? ;) ;D ;D ;D

Because he was a beautiful buckskin gelding (golden colored, kinda like buttermilk, with black socks, mane and tail. Plus buckskins have a black stripe down their backs.) When James Arness played Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke, he always rode a buckskin.
Lisa
Lisa

W. Gray

And, the buckskin James Arness road was named Buck.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Judy Harder

My heros while growing up were always the cowboys  and or the WW2 movies and or John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart....Audie Murphy was my favorite pilot.........the memories are so good and I know the movies aren't the same as now....but, you can't beat a shoot-em-up and or a dog fight between war planes. I would cry when someone I liked in movies died. Always embarrassed the folks when we would go to the movies........boo hooed with the best of them......once watching "Little Women" when Amy got sick and died.......we were at a drive in parked next to my aunt and uncle and my noise!!! kept them from hearing the show. Teased me like heck. oh, that is another story. and one not so nice for me. Maybe another time. maybe.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Emmett Leo Kelly (1898-1979) was from Sedan, Kansas, and was famous for his clown figure "Weary Willie."  Kelly began circus life as a trapeze performer.  He created his clown routine early in his career, but circus management would have nothing to do with a "tramp" clown.  Then came the Depression.  Thinking audiences would better identify with the downtrodden clown, circus officials gave their OK.  Kelly and his routine were, of course, a giant hit.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

farmgal67357

They have a museum for Emmet Kelly in Sedan. I want to go back down there and check it out! I remember the routine he had, trying to sweep up the spotlight, but it kept moving! Poor old clown.....
Lisa
Lisa

Warph

Emmett Kelly was probably the most famous of all Clowns.... well, with the exception of Barack Obama.  And there are a lot of "Weary Willie" imitators in our Congress today... Charlie Rangal, Barry Sanders, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, John McCain, ex-Senator Joe "Chopsticks" Biden, Shirley Waters, U.S. Senator twins Collins and Snowe of Maine..... don't forget our Governors, Deval Patrick, Jerry Brown, Chris Gregoire and Gov. Dennis Miller of the State of Confusion.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

greatguns

Lets not forget Annie Oakley. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk