Hello Everyone!

Started by farmgal67357, June 09, 2011, 07:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I just dropped off some boxes at that house yesterday.  You would love it because it does have beautiful woodwork which hasn't been painted.  Does have a built in linen closet and I believe a bookcase in one room, but not sure.  They did a beautiful job redoing the bathroom and shower.  Welcome to Elk Co.

Janet Harrington

And not to stir you away because I would so love to see someone buy that house just because they love it, there is a double wide for sale by a teacher who is not coming back next year. It is on west Jefferson, just west of Pennsylvania. Then there is a home on East Elk for sale, but if you drove around you should have seen the signs in the yards of both of those homes.

I am going to pray that you can come to an agreement for the bungalow.

And what about Ian Denton's house which is just north of the bungalow? Does Ian still have that up for sale? Does anyone know? Anyone? Anyone?

Roma Jean Turner

The sign is still up.  It looks like a beautiful home.

farmgal67357

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on June 09, 2011, 09:24:54 PM
I just dropped off some boxes at that house yesterday.  You would love it because it does have beautiful woodwork which hasn't been painted.  Does have a built in linen closet and I believe a bookcase in one room, but not sure.  They did a beautiful job redoing the bathroom and shower.  Welcome to Elk Co.

There were pictures with the For Sale listing on this forum. You ought to look at them, it is a beautiful house!
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 09, 2011, 10:46:56 PM
And not to stir you away because I would so love to see someone buy that house just because they love it, there is a double wide for sale by a teacher who is not coming back next year. It is on west Jefferson, just west of Pennsylvania. Then there is a home on East Elk for sale, but if you drove around you should have seen the signs in the yards of both of those homes.

I am going to pray that you can come to an agreement for the bungalow.

And what about Ian Denton's house which is just north of the bungalow? Does Ian still have that up for sale? Does anyone know? Anyone? Anyone?

Hey! Another Harrington!  ;D There were only 5 of us in Parsons, and two of us by marriage! I saw a double wide for sale online, but it said it had to be moved. Don't know if it is the same one.

Is Ian's house a big one with two stories and wrap around porches? I saw this one online too, it's wonderful! But, it is a little out of our price range, even though they have a very reasonable price on it. Plus I don't get along with stairs very well. Arthritic knees and Fibromyalgia fixed that for me.....

We did drive by the house on West Elk. That is such a big house, I'd never get it clean!

Prayers are VERY welcome! I told my Godmother the other night that we waited a year for God to provide us with the right job, so I don't think waiting on Him to find us the right house is out of order.  :) Oh yeah, us moving to Howard is putting us closer to church (there's two Orthodox Christian churches in Wichita) so that's a blessing too! We were driving about 2 1/2 hours to Overland Park, KS, and not very often to boot.
Lisa

Judy Harder

Arthritic knees and Fibromyalgia fixed that for me.....
ok, I know we will get along.
I have been a fibromyalgia patient since about 1991 or 2, but didn't get dignosed until about 5 years later....after all it is all in your head.............but, I have learned to live with it....found the group of meds that will let me cope
Also if it were just arthritic knees that would be good. I know each joint has some form of pain.
Yep, there are days when "I am one big Pain" and nothing out of the peanut-gang! Please.
hope you get the home you want. Howard is like most towns....there are some beautiful houses and then some not so all around town.......but if you are looking for a place with a lot of HEART..............any town in Elk County has that.
Makes it easy to live here.
Don't forget to look around the county. I know it is a drive, but Longton has a few homes on the market. Think they are listed in paper..........good luck.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Judy----------- :-X

Larryj (peanut gallery)
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

Hardy har har! LOL..knew someone here knew of the Peanut gallery!
Its howdy doodie time!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

W. Gray

Ah, but did everyone know there was also a Coconut Gallery?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

If you went by the house on West Elk that is for sale, I would say it is too big. You also need to go to East Elk. There is a home there for sale with a huge shed/barn building on it. I think the entire block is for sale by these owners.

And as for another Harrington, my husband was raised in Grenola being a product of Joseph Truman Harrington and Dorothy Sweet Harrington. These Harrington's came from the south part of Oklahoma. The Sweets came from Kentucky.

I actually am a Weyrauch, my dad born and raised right here in Elk County, Kansas. My mother graduated from Piedmont High School many moons ago and she is the Wilma that is on this forum. Very protective of her, I am.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk