Hello Everyone!

Started by farmgal67357, June 09, 2011, 07:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

My name is Lisa Harrington and I will be moving to Howard with my family very soon. My husband Will has been hired by WEHS to teach English. I am originally from Parsons, KS, Will's family is from Wisconsin. I have a 17 year old son named Kyle who will be a senior this year who is coming with us.

We are very excited to be moving to Howard! First we need to find a house to buy but housing looks to be in short supply there. I would appreciate any tips on living in Howard, like where to do your grocery shopping, who's a good doctor, stuff like that. We've already sampled food from Poplar Pizza. We have Pizza Hut in Parsons, and Poplar Pizza puts it to shame! I think NY style pizza is the best anyway. Next time we're in Howard we'll have to try a burger from Toot's.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say Hi! Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you "in person" really soon!
Lisa

Mom70x7

Welcome to Howard. We moved here 20+ years ago - I love this town. The people are great!

Grocery shopping - you can't beat Family Market (Batson's Drug Store). Good selection, excellent prices and she'll special order if at all possible.

Judy Harder

Welcome farmgal. You will enjoy the friends you make on the forum, and if you need to know anything...........everyone
has an oppion on everything...................LOL
Don't forget Batson's for the medicine............you can't beat the service.
We also have good medical clinics both in howard and Moline. Your choice and you won't be unhappy with the care.
Again welcome.......glad you are here.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Ms Bear

Check out the beautiful home on the Buy, Sell or Trade section of the Forum.  It was posted by Teresa and is very pretty and reasonable.

Welcome to Howard.  I don't live there, my connection with Elk County is from greatgreatgrandparents that settled there in 1875, moved away and then moved back, my grandparents were married there and my father was born there.  They moved away again when he was small.

Pat

Jo McDonald

Welcome to Howard...I'm sure you will love it here.  We have great businesses here - a swimming pool -- GREAT SCHOOL system -
good fishing - good hunting - lots and lots of PLUS here in our small community.
The house for sale that is listed here on the forum is a really nice, well kept house.  There are beautiful big shade trees in the back and front. 

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

farmgal67357

Thanks for the welcome everybody! We are looking forward to moving there! Now I'm going to go check out that house you all were telling me about.......
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: Jo McDonald on June 09, 2011, 09:44:39 AM
Welcome to Howard...I'm sure you will love it here.  We have great businesses here - a swimming pool -- GREAT SCHOOL system -
good fishing - good hunting - lots and lots of PLUS here in our small community.
The house for sale that is listed here on the forum is a really nice, well kept house.  There are beautiful big shade trees in the back and front. 

We saw that house when we were driving around. I absolutely LOVE bungalows! I called but the machine said they were on vacation. But in the meantime I get to look at the beautiful photos they provided in the listing. Does anyone know how long it's been on the market? Thanks so much for the heads up!
Lisa

Wilma

I assumed that it went on the forum as soon as it went on the market.  Jo can tell you more.  My Janet tells me it is a lovely home and is probably just the right size for 3 people.

Oh, yes, welcome to Howard and Elk County, the best little everything in the world.

Jo McDonald

Yes it went on the market just 10 day ago.  It is my Grandson's home---call his Mother  Teresa  her number is 620 374 2093.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

farmgal67357

I'll have to give Teresa a call. That house is absolutely gorgeous! We live in a little pyramid roofed bungalow now which I love, but my dream bungalow would be one with the bookcase/column-aid room dividers and other built ins! Shoot, I even subscribe to Cottage & Bungalow magazine.....   ;D
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk