Toxic People ...(sound like anybody??)

Started by thatsMRSc2u, June 08, 2011, 05:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatsMRSc2u

Spotting toxic people prior to being affected by them is not always easy to do, and many cases it isn't until you have been affected by them that you realize a need to end the relationship. And considering the fact that all human are not perfect, there is a good chance that you have had quite a few different toxic relationships in the past, or even currently. And yes it is best if we can spot an individual who is toxic right off the bat, and learn to avoid too much contact with those people for our own safety, peace, and happiness. Be who you are, with all that you are. And don't allow others to change you. Toxic individuals will do just that, bring out the worst side of you by pushing your buttons. They also love to frighten, dominate, and diminish you. Acknowledge them when you see them, and learn to ignore them. The more you ignore them and their actions, then they will realize that they are not winning with you, and they will move on to their next victim.

Toxic relationships can come in many different forms. They can be with a co-worker or boss, it can be with a parent or child, a friend, or a lover...or condescending a**holes on a public forum to just name a few. These relationships can be short term, lasting for days perhaps; or long term, lasting for years at a time. Some toxic relationships can be simply a pain in your neck or frustrating, and some can be more intense by affecting you emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually by changing who you truly are as a person in the long run.

And for those who find that it is too late, and you have found yourself already wrapped up in a tangled mess, there is good news for you. You don't have to stay in it if you don't want to.

crosstimber

How to Deal with Difficult People in Life

One of the hardest things in life is dealing with difficult people. Studies show that one of the biggest causes of stress is dealing with difficult people. The following is a guide on how to deal with difficult people in life.

Realize difficult people are projecting to deal with them. People that are difficult are projecting something from their own life onto others and into situations. There is something amiss in their own life that is causing them to project this negative behavior onto others.

Realize that they treat everyone this way. In other words, they are not treating just you in this difficult manner. They do it to everyone- even themselves. Understanding this will help you deal with them and their behavior.

Develop strong boundaries with difficult people to deal with them. Get full control of your personal life and do not let anyone invade your life or mind unless you want them there. Let the good things into your life, and keep the bad things, such as difficult people, out of your life.

Think for yourself and be yourself to deal with difficult people in life. When you are your own person and have a strong identity, external influences are less likely to impact and influence your life. Other people can influence us, but they cannot make us do anything. When someone has their own identity, they can more easily keep the bad things, such as the behavior or difficult people, out of their life.

Detach yourself from the situation and the person to deal with difficult people. Be cordial and respectful of them, but do not become a friend or confidant. In other words, do not connect with them or get close to them in terms of a relationship.

Avoid difficult people. This step is actually easier said than done. Often difficult people seem to stand out and be in the exact place and situation we are. Simply avoid them if at all possible.

Talk to others about the difficult people. Trade ideas and give each other feedback and support. Find out what works for others in dealing with troublesome personalities. There is wisdom in many counselors

Read more: How to Deal with Difficult People in Life | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5991779_deal-difficult-people-life.html#ixzz1OjY7zgzg

Wilma

readyaimduck

I know you will shut me off at the pass asfter I post as you have in the past, yet I have to respond:
I have been in a toxic relationship.  Unfortunately it wasn't until that person passed, that I realized I was an enabler to the toxic situations.

Enuendos are part of the problem.  It hits after the damage is done.
That being said.  I really don't think this thread has to do with relationships at all.
Just my 2 cents.

ready

readyaimduck

It has to do with a cause of ???  I have my own words but I would like to hear it from the Elk County Citizens.

Ross

Sounds just like Elk Konected. Are they really trying to take over Elk County?
Who are the registered members of Elk Konnected that use facilitators to get their way?

greatguns

Ross

Those toxic people use the Delphi Technique don't they?

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 08, 2011, 07:36:55 PM
That being said.  I really don't think this thread has to do with relationships at all.
Just my 2 cents.

ready

And I think you're right on the mark.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk