George Orwell 1984

Started by Ross, June 06, 2011, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

George Orwell 1984

Calling all residents of Elk County

We are witnessing the evolution of the futuristic society described in the George Orwell novel, "1984." In that society (Oceania) we learn that bad is good, war is peace, right is wrong, love is hate, and truth are lies.

We are witnessing the birth of the "Thought Police" who monitor our every move and hold us accountable for incorrect thoughts.

About the only thing Orwell got wrong, was the date.

"They" were in charge, people could be convinced to come around to their way of thinking. "They" of course, are the only enlightened ones who are qualified to be in charge.

This vision can never be achieved as long as some members of society are not willing to go along with the program. As long as there are trouble makers who want personal freedom and individuality, their lofty goals can not be realized. They must find a way to "control" the trouble makers and get them out of the way. But how can they do that when many of them have the means to defend themselves? They must find a way to take weapons away from those infidels (unbelievers) and isolate them, in order to avoid their corruption of the rest of society.

I for one, will not go along with the program!

Again... we need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Humpy

Not this far yet Ross but the ultimate has already happened .
  http://www.bigeye.com/wacodead.htm

Ross

Quote from: Humpy on June 06, 2011, 02:15:20 PM
 Not this far yet Ross but the ultimate has already happened .
 http://www.bigeye.com/wacodead.htm
It really sad that people won't question what is going on around them before it gets out of control and consumes them.
I did watch the in horror.

1984 is going on in this day and age in so many different ways, I can feel it,
I just can't put my finger on the cause.
But we here every day rhings ar getting better even thought people are still losing jobs, and home values are declining.
Gas, food, electric and just about everything is going up. Yet they tell us things are improving.

Warph

"Little by little, Winston begins to realize that things are not right, and that they should change...." Dum da dum da.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

While Sarah Palin has refused to admit that her account of Paul Revere's famous ride may have been wrong, some Palin fans have taken it upon themselves to make it right. Over the weekend, as the story played out on political talkshows, a mini war was brewing on the battlefields of Wikipedia as people attempted to alter the text on Revere's Wikipedia page to match Palin's account while other editors tried to shut them down. George Orwell would be so proud. Or, y'know, horrified.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/doublethink-palin-fans-attempt-to-rewrite-paul-reveres-wikipedia-page-to-match-her-description/

Humpy

When they came for the Jews I said nothing because I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for the Poles I said nothing because I wasn't Polish.
When they came for the doctors I had no one to help me because they were all gone.

Ross

Quote from: Humpy on June 07, 2011, 12:01:12 PM
When they came for the doctors I had no one to help me because they were all gone.

Perhaps tthis shoould be under What Elk Konnected Wants but with one line word changed.

When they came for the taxpayers I had no one to help me because they were all gone.

What do you think?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk