Let's Stop Being Manipulated!....

Started by redcliffsw, May 31, 2011, 05:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 02, 2011, 04:37:21 PM
Ross isn't wasting tax money. How could he? All he's got invested is some typing on the computer and attending a meeting or two and nothing to show for it, except for people not liking him and badmouthing him at every turn. I've met Ross and it was a great pleasure to do so! He's a really good guy, very smart and witty. He's been thinking out of the box and that's what people don't like. It's either their way or the highway. No one learns from that! I for one am guilty of not paying close enough attention to what goes on with the commissioners or this EK deal. I try to keep up with what's going on in my own town and keep that in line. Most people over here have always felt like this area is the "redheaded stepchild" of Elk County anyway, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't been paying attention. So these threads on Elk Connected have been eye opening to say the least. I've also read every one of L.Hendricks' posts, so please don't tell me to go back and look. When you have questions, they should be answered. People shouldn't be degraded just because they dared ask questions! That's what's wrong with this country today!---Jennifer L. Walker
Wow! There is a lot of bad attitude in all of this. And as pillars of the community as someone called them Elk Konnected in MHO takes the cake. They openly said because of one little community in this county refusing to use county wide refuse they had to do something.
At the county commissioners Liz Hendricks said they didn't mean to be bashing Elk Falls, and I told her they did just the same. And I believe the remark is still out there for all the world to read. Elk konnected claims to want to promote pride in need the county but lacks the pride to be decent. The only thing I see them promoting is themselves with a slogan like "Watch Us Grow", not something like watch "Watch Elk County Grow" It is self centered. And I believe centered in Howard. And I believe that's why the won't divulge who they are.

As I have said many times all these little communities are exceptional and I enjoy visiting them and their festivities and parades.
These little communities are each unique and that is what makes Elk County special.

Diane Amberg

Sure did Ross. Here I was reacting to something I thought of when reading other people's comments about some of the things on this thread.  As far as the Delphi Technique and all that, I knew about those already. Any person, group or "side" can try to use that stuff whether for good or bad. When it comes off the written page and goes into action is when the rubber meets the road. The "manipulators" and the self appointed "antagonists" really do not have the ability to judge other people's reactions and that goes both ways. It's one thing to write about procedures for getting your way  and give people a recipe, both for and against ,but another entirely to try to accomplish those goals. If people who go to a meeting decide it wasn't as they thought it would be they can simply leave. I've done it myself. But not everyone has the personality to meekly let someone try to take over or redirect a meeting.Ya bump into someone from the "other side" who gets pissed ,ya might wind up out the door on your nose!  Now, who is who? It depends on who set up and advertised the meeting as to who is the leader and who is the antagonizer. Sometimes people are almost violently opposed to each other on one issue and yet are stalwart companions on another. Also,I thought you said rather than take seats as most did, you and some others sat on the edge of the stage. Did I get that wrong? Might ask why you didn't just take a seat after having signed in  on a card as most others did? Were you already concerned about being a sheeple? I know that sounds smart alec and I don't mean to be, but it just seems so oppositionist from the outset. Did you ask to speak to the group just before the meeting got started or not?

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 03, 2011, 01:30:29 PM
Sure did Ross. Here I was reacting to something I thought of when reading other people's comments about some of the things on this thread.  As far as the Delphi Technique and all that, I knew about those already. Any person, group or "side" can try to use that stuff whether for good or bad. When it comes off the written page and goes into action is when the rubber meets the road. The "manipulators" and the self appointed "antagonists" really do not have the ability to judge other people's reactions and that goes both ways. It's one thing to write about procedures for getting your way  and give people a recipe, both for and against ,but another entirely to try to accomplish those goals. If people who go to a meeting decide it wasn't as they thought it would be can simply leave. I've done it myself. But not everyone has the personality to meekly let someone try to take over or redirect a meeting.Ya bump into someone from the "other side" who gets pissed ,ya might wind up out the door on your nose!  Now, who is who? It depends on who set up and advertised the meeting as to who is the leader and who is the antagonizer. Sometimes people are almost violently opposed to each other on one issue and yet are stalwart companions on another.
This was a newspaper article not an advertisement and it was called a Community Conversation not as a meeting. And it was not a meeting nor was it a community conversation. It was a highly controlled and manipulated circus. Sit in this ring, now move to this ring. etc. I truefully don't believe it was designed to accomplish anything more than to qualify for what the little company they hired call his accredation. They needed  one more control session to qualify for it. And that accredation isn't worth anything more than a crackerjack box toy. But again something like that can be misrepresented. Look at their list posted at http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php?topic=11780.new;topicseen#new 99% of the suggestions had nothing to do with the County Government. It appears they are attempting to redirect County Government money to the City of Howard. IMHO.
I am going to unsubscribe to this thread and stick with just one. It ha been a pleasure visiting with you Diane.

Wilma

Thank goodness.  I will believe it when I see it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk