WEYRAUCH, Cleo Cleora (Dowler) - b. November 19, 1936 - d. May 29, 2011

Started by Janet Harrington, June 01, 2011, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

My Aunt Cleo Weyrauch, wife of Uncle Bob Weyrauch, passed away May, 29, 2011. (I think I got the date right). Anyway, I don't know what funeral home is going to provide the services, but her service will be at St. John the Evangelist Church, 302 N. Denver, El Dorado, Ks., on Friday, June 3, 2011. Rosary will be said at 10:30 a.m. Mass will begin at 11:00 a.m. Aunt Cleo will be buried in the Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Moline, Ks.

patyrn

Cleo Cleora (Dowler) Weyrauch, age 74, a resident of El Dorado, Kansas and formerly of Severy, Kansas, passed away Sunday, May 29, 2011 at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital in Houston, Texas.  She was born November 19, 1936 in rural Elk County, Kansas, the daughter of Bill and Hattie (Graham) Dowler.

She attended grade school at Northstar Country School in Elk County and high school at Severy High School.  On March 23, 1954, Cleo married the love of her life, George Robert (Bobby) Weyrauch in Severy, Kansas.  According to Cleo, George was her husband and Bobby was the father of their five children: Barbara, Rhonda, Clinton Charles, Clinton George, and Phyllis.  They raised their family in Severy, Kansas and lived there for forty years.

Cleo was very involved with the Severy community activities, including Labor Day celebrations, Pee Wee Baseball Coach, and delivering noodles to shut-ins at Christmas time for over twenty-five years.  Cleo's greatest pride and joy was to love, support, and enjoy her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren by attending all their activities.  She also loved dancing, fishing, gardening, canning, sewing, playing slot machines, and to tell jokes putting smiles on many faces.  Regardless of where she was, Cleo never knew a stranger.  She could brighten a room with her contagious personality and loving smile.  Because of her faith, she lived each day to the fullest.

For twenty-four years, Cleo was a sheet metal mechanic for Boeing Aircraft.  Her dedication to work was evident by her traveling seventy miles to and from work on a daily basis.  The foundation of her life centered around her faith.  In 1959, she and Bobby began their commitment to the Catholic Church.  Cleo served her church by helping with activities including Altar Society, CCD, funeral dinners, and anything that she could offer her talents.

Cleo is survived by her husband of 57 years, George Weyrauch of El Dorado, Kansas; her four children, Barbara McLean and husband, Mike of Howard, Kansas, Rhonda Cooke and husband, Dennis of El Dorado, Kansas, Clint Weyrauch and wife, Treva of Towanda, Kansas, and Phyllis Milner and husband, Sam of Andover, Kansas; two sisters, Olive Woods of Joplin, Missouri and Joyce Williams of Cambridge, Kansas; fourteen grandchildren; and twenty-one great-grandchidlren.  She was preceded in death by her infant son, Clinton Charles; sister, Janice Jo Dowler; her parents, Bill and Hattie Dowler; and her son-in-law, Tommy Wolf.

Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 3, 2011 at St. John's Catholic Church, 302 N. Denver Avenue, El Dorado, Kansas with Father Brian Bebak as Celebrant.  Rosary will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 3, at the church.  Interment will be held at 3:00 pm. at Mt. Olivet Cemetery south of Moline, Kansas.  Family suggests contributions to St. Jude Children's Hospital and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Diane Amberg

Janet Harrington

Thank you, Diane. Actually, all my aunts and uncles are the best. The Weyrauch family is truly blessed to have amazing family on both the paternal side and the maternal side. All my grandparents left their mark on all of us as did our aunts and uncles. My cousins, Cleo's kids, are taking this in stride knowing that she is in a better place and is at rest.

greatguns

I'm so sorry for your loss.  She was a wonderful person, if only we all could be more like her.

frawin

Our sympathy to all of Cleo's family.  I was sorry to hear about her passing.   Joyce was in my class in high school for a short time.  I remember Cleo coming to the softball games and cheering the girls on when we were in high school.  She was a great lady, and I'm sure that all of her family will miss her very much.

Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk