Elk Konnected & Public Square update?

Started by Patriot, May 31, 2011, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Then why can't you take one tiny step and make yourself acquainted with Elk County employees by visiting the courthouse and making your requests.  They are quite friendly up there.  At least to people that come in with reasonable requests and business.  Of course if you prefer to sit out there in the far eastern part of the county and blame Howard for everything, be my guest.

Diane Amberg

Patriot, go back and reread your #27...good Freudian slip there. Yuk, yuk. 8)

kshillbillys

As long as we are on the subject of publishing meeting minutes, I think ALL cities who have council meetings should publish them in the newspaper. That way people would know what is going on. Here in Longton, they print them on a page you can get around town called the City Scene or something to that effect, but I don't know actually how many people read them. I say just publish them in the paper as well. People know I go to council meetings so they usually ask me questions about it but my answer to that is also that people should be more aware of what is going on for themselves and attend the meetings with me! I also think the same should go for school board meetings.---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 06, 2011, 02:01:02 PM
Patriot, go back and reread your #27...good Freudian slip there. Yuk, yuk. 8)

I'm not sure Freudian would be correct, but you're right... it was insightful!  Mired would have been on my mind at the time.   ;D

Thanks for pointing it out.

Now, about those timely updates!  LOL
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 06, 2011, 01:29:07 PM
...blame Howard for everything...

I've not blamed Howard for anything.  Nice little village, actually.  But then, so are Elk Falls, Longton, Moline and Grenola.  Each in their unique way.

readyaimduck

QuoteI think ALL cities who have council meetings should publish them
Ours gets printed by a computer and is sent with the water bill.  How hard would that be?

Except we are talking about COUNTY expenditures?  Mandatory quarterly postings in Official Newspaper.
ready

Wilma

There is a publishing of finances.  There was one very recently, not too many weeks ago.  Also, our city council meeting minutes are published.  Rudy's paper is a very good place to find out what is going on, but alas, there are people responsible for submitting the articles to the newspaper and they might be a tad slow in getting them there.

kshillbillys

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 06, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
  Ours gets printed by a computer and is sent with the water bill.  How hard would that be?

Except we are talking about COUNTY expenditures?  Mandatory quarterly postings in Official Newspaper.
ready

Our water bill is a postcard; I assume it is done that way to save money on postage. I guess they could mail it each month when they mail us the notice that we have failed to meet water standards.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Janet Harrington

I believe that The Prairie Star prints the minutes to city meetings. I have read them from every city in our county. You realize I am sure that some cities only meet once a month. Anyway, minutes are printed in the newspaper. Rudy can only print what he gets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk