MY opinion........

Started by thatsMRSc2u, May 31, 2011, 06:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I was thinking that they are the ones trying to manipulate us into thinking like them!! Join their thread, don't start a new one!! LOL- I learned the hard way you have to stand for what you believe in, and what kills them is I know some of what they want to know, but not telling!!! I refuse to put it on the computer and have them twist the words to their liking!! LOL

MrsC- love the last post!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Jane

Here is what bothers me the most. I for one do not live in Elk County but own land and a house. I do not feel that I can discuss what is going on in Elk because I am not a full time resident. So to me unless you live there and give to the community you need to stay of out what is going on.

Wilma

Jane, you pay taxes in Elk County and you come from long time residents of Elk County.  You have as much right to have an opinion on where the tax money goes as anyone that lives here.  My humble opinion, again.

readyaimduck

I for one was interested as perhaps the EK may wish to come to our county.  I believe in being informed.  Not so sure I am now. I looked at this subject, albeit a hot topic as a potential possibility.  I wish more facts as to the background of said company.  I wouldn't hire a roofer or a painter of a barn, just cause I know his family....not a good business sense.

thatsMRSc2u

Jane I understand your point.

Wilma

Ready, I didn't know anyone was being hired for anything here.  This is a not for profit group with volunteer workers that are trying to do something positive for Elk County.  It just happens that most of them come from families that have been in Elk County for generations.  IMHO it is a good thing that so many of the present generation are still here instead of off where they could make more money.  They are trying to preserve what they had when growing up, the same thing that their parents tried to preserve for them.  It is a sorry situation that someone that doesn't know the county is trying to tear it down.  That is the way I see it and I have the same right to express my opinion that everyone else has on this forum.

readyaimduck

QuoteReady, I didn't know anyone was being hired for anything here.

I appreciated your post AFTER I read the first sentence.
I do believe that ELK KONNECTED LLC 'hired' the Public Square whatever to lead/consult?    
Now, if I am wrong, then I truly apologize. 
It was an anology of having a business and hiring someone who happened to be a family friend, and that turned sour...so ergo, the 'hiring of a roofer' scenario. 

readyaimduck

Maybe I have that backward...lawday ::)

readyaimduck

QuoteThey are trying to preserve what they had when growing up, the same thing that their parents tried to preserve for them.  It is a sorry situation that someone that doesn't know the county is trying to tear it down.  That is the way I see it and I have the same right to express my opinion that everyone else has on this forum.

I am trying to preserve what my granpa taught me, and that's why I am interested in the (back yard poker games) that often happen in rural counties.

Wilma...we come from the same background....live a little! ;)
Don't trust every one that shows you a trinket.  In no way am I trying to offend you, however the games are different now.

Roma Jean Turner

Duck..what a covertly hostile  little arrogant comment that was.  If it wasn't mean't to offend, oh well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk