Soft Towels

Started by Wilma, June 01, 2011, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

A long time ago, or maybe just a few years, I complained about not being able find bath towels that were soft.  I think we have found some.  Daughter ordered new towels from a catalogue we get and now a year later, they are still soft.  So I looked at the label to see what they are made of?  100% cotton, made in Pakistan.  Now tell me why my towels are hard and scratchy.  I can't read the label anymore, but I am sure they are 100% cotton.  If it takes having them made in another country, I will buy imported.  Why can't the USA make this kind of a product?  What are they not doing?  Or are they doing anything at all, anymore?

Homemade didn't used to be inferior.

larryJ

Maybe the ones from Pakistan ain't really 100% cotton or maybe any cotton.  If it is made outside the country it could possibly be made of anything because I am not sure those products are subject to U.S. government standards.  Anywho, if the towels are still soft and nice, who cares what they are made of?   ;D

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

evanstrail

Our towels used to be nice and soft and fluffy.  Now my wife calls them 'exfoliation sheets' (I think that's akin to calling them sandpaper.)  Maybe it's because we dry them on the clothsline and I always forget to get off my butt and go add fabric softener at the proper time in the cycle.

jarhead

Quote from Wilma:
.Supporting Elk County?  Isn't that what we as good citizens should be doing?  Should we all go buy our gas in Greenwood County because it is a little cheaper and let our local gas businesses suffer?  Should we drive to Eureka or Independence when we want to eat out?  Maybe they could just shut down the food joints here in Elk County.  How about the recreation halls?  Do you all want to drive to Severy for a beer and an evening's visiting with good old boys?  How about our vets, our nice little flower shop?  IF WE DON'T DO OUR BUYING AT HOME , we will have to go out of town.

Quote from Wilma:
.A long time ago, or maybe just a few years, I complained about not being able find bath towels that were soft.  I think we have found some.  Daughter ordered new towels from a catalogue we get and now a year later, they are still soft.  So I looked at the label to see what they are made of?  100% cotton, made in Pakistan.  Now tell me why my towels are hard and scratchy.  I can't read the label anymore, but I am sure they are 100% cotton.  If it takes having them made in another country, I WILL BUY THEM IMPORTED.

Wilma,
What are we gonna do with you ? First you scold us for not buying at home, then for the sake of having soft camel hair towels you are gonna buy from Pakistan---the very country that harbored Bin Laden. For shame--for shame. 50 lashes with sting weed are coming your way. :)

Wilma

Hey, my comfort comes first.  And evanstrail's wife is right.  Most of the are exfoliation sheets.

Janet Harrington

I don't know. Can you even buy towels in Elk County? Oh, wait. Wait. Yes, you can. I think that Traci's Trends has towels that you can buy and have them embroidered. Now let me tell you, there is another word for having towels or anything embroidered, but for the life of me, I cann't think of what it is.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Thank you, Ms. T. I knew you would help a sister out. LOL

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

greatguns

But, are the towels made in Elk county? ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk