Sources of Grant Funding

Started by flintauqua, May 26, 2011, 07:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on May 26, 2011, 07:16:06 AM
In another thread, Ross made the following statement about monies received by entities serving Elk County citizens:
(emphasis added)

It acheived the desired effect.  Among the reactionary statements made in response to this statement:

From srkruzich (emphasis original)

Did Ross purposely leave out this statement:

which is repeated several times on the website of The Kansas Health Foundation.  From the page showing where grants have been made:

There are two alternatives here.  

Either Ross was aware of the source of The Foundations funding and purposely made a misleading statement - "are not Taxpayers dollars, at least not directly" - to insinuate that they are taxpayers dollars and solicit emotionately charged reactions such as Steve's.  

Or Ross did not bother to do even a five second cursory search of the Foundations website to ascertain the origin of its funding.

I present, you decide.

Charlie
It looks as if flintauqua just likes to start new threads in order to evade the real issues.
That's sneaky. Come back to the original thread and make your accusations and try to stay on subject.
I did nothing you claim as accusations. I believe I said none of the monies were taxpayers money
at least directely. Have you ever heard of tax breaks or anything of that nature.
And no I did not know the money came from the sale of a hospital.
Come back to the original thread and make your accusations and try to stay on subject.

I did nothing you claim as accusations. I said none of the moeies were taxpayers money
at least directely. Have you ever heard of tax breaks or anything of that nature.
And, no I did not know the money came from the sale of a hospital.
I wasn't being sneaky, I believe I left the link to the site for anyone to look at. Thank you.
That's more than you did
Is this the way Elk Konnected, LLC operates, it appears so. Sneaky and behind closed doors.
Are you an Elk Konnected, LLC registered member?
Lets go back to the original thread, ok. OKAY.
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html

Lookatmeknow!!

Twisting words is so obvious!! Say what you mean, mean what you say!!! Wilma said that no one wants to run because of all the flak that is caught. Also, she stated that they are the quality of people that you want in the offices. If a person has a successful business for 20 plus years, don't you want them running the city or county for that matter???

I see no conflict of interest if the city sees that the cheapest place to purchase things is here in town. And if the council person obstains from the vote, how is that conflict of interest??? They are not voting on buy or paying the bill, or whatever. They are choosing not to because of conflict of interest and to keep people from getting mad.

As for the different officials lining their own pockets, are you serious!!!! Really!! That's a joke!! If they get paid, I bet it won't even buy them a gallon of gas to get to the meeting!! And if by improving the county is a bad thing, lets all be shot down in the rapture!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 31, 2011, 08:24:05 AM
Twisting words is so obvious!! Say what you mean, mean what you say!!! Wilma said that no one wants to run because of all the flak that is caught. Also, she stated that they are the quality of people that you want in the offices. If a person has a successful business for 20 plus years, don't you want them running the city or county for that matter???

I see no conflict of interest if the city sees that the cheapest place to purchase things is here in town. And if the council person obstains from the vote, how is that conflict of interest??? They are not voting on buy or paying the bill, or whatever. They are choosing not to because of conflict of interest and to keep people from getting mad.

As for the different officials lining their own pockets, are you serious!!!! Really!! That's a joke!! If they get paid, I bet it won't even buy them a gallon of gas to get to the meeting!! And if by improving the county is a bad thing, lets all be shot down in the rapture!!!

You said,"I see no conflict of interest if the city sees that the cheapest place to purchase things is here in town."  Why are you confusing city councils with a topic on Elk Konnected, LLC and the County commissioners?

I can believe you are not an Elk Konnected, LLC registered member, but who is?
Why start another thread to bad mouth people on this thread? http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11960.0.html
Come here and bad mouth me, I can handle it.

Who is Elk Konnected, LLC? Why won't they use this forum like they said they would. Come out, come out where ever you are.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteWhy start another thread to bad mouth people on this thread? http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11960.0.html
Come here and bad mouth me, I can handle it.

Consider it done. Make no mistake fella....if I decide to tell you exactly what I think there will be no doubt in your mind. I'm not one to mince it, so this me sayin "Screw you dude....I was BEING polite"

and see....I signed in in the open and EVERYthing!!!!!!

Warph

Quote from: srkruzich on May 26, 2011, 09:16:25 PM
You know jarhead the truth is that no one with ethics and integrity wants to run for public office cause its so corrupt these days. The ole saying, you lay down with rats you get fleas.

Actually Steve... that old saying goes like this: Qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent... meaning being,  "If you lie down with dogs, you rise up with fleas."  It means:  You should be cautious of the company you keep.  Associating with those of low reputation will inevitably lower your own. 

Do Marines have fleas ???
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 31, 2011, 11:38:55 AM
Consider it done. Make no mistake fella....if I decide to tell you exactly what I think there will be no doubt in your mind. I'm not one to mince it, so this me sayin "Screw you dude....I was BEING polite"

Pam... did you know that the month of May is "Goat Awareness Month?"

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

WARPH, I think I am beginning to like you.

Warph

Oh Oh, Uh... does that mean I'm in trouble?
--Warph

-- Warph

thatsMRSc2u

No Warph I didnt.. ???....no offense to anybody but I despise goats....

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 31, 2011, 11:38:55 AM

Back stabbing by starting a new thread is not being polite by my way of thinking.
But I'm proud of you for speaking your mind.
Would you bring it over to the original thread please. Now that's polite.
Here is the link http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11960.0.html
Now that's polite, too.

Who are Elk Konnected, LLC registered members?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk