Tornado information

Started by Ross, May 23, 2011, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

flintauqua

Here's another link.  It shows who's out chasing and where, and if they are broadcasting or not.  Then you can open their video in the same browser.  Last night I was watching six different feeds at once.

http://www.chasertv.com/watch/video-streams-in-imap/
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

larryJ

Watching the one in Oklahoma City area.  Hoping and praying that Karen and others are getting underground now!
Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Our station here has cut to the local channel 4 out there and we're watching it live. Pray folks, it looks really bad.They say Chickashay has been hit and it's still on the move toward the Edmond area, Baily turnpike. Very scary, what a monster!

patyrn

I live in Edmond/NW Oklahoma City area and we just weathered a big storm - several tornadoes in various areas - but we are safe with no damage. Very scary situation, though.  One son also lives in Edmond and the other in Norman, and they are both fine with no property damage either!  We feel very blessed!!!!  Others were not so lucky.......................

Thanks friends, for checking on us!!!!  It may be a rocky night!!!!!

Diane Amberg

I'm sure glad to hear from you! :-* I was really worried. It's still going on and still very bad I guess.I heard them mention Sparks too, my Grandmother's town many years ago.I'm going to tune into Wonder Weather now plus watch more of channel 4.

patyrn

They don't build with basements in this area (not sure what the real reason is - something about the water table, etc.), so we all are built on slabs unless you build into a hill.  Makes you feel kind of like a "sitting duck" during these storms when the sirens are blaring and we are deciding whether to take up residence in a bathroom with no windows or a closet.  Thankfully we missed all the bad action although some of the small towns nearby had some direct hits.  Not good..............

larryJ

Really thankful you are alright, Karen, as well as your family.  Now that the storm is in or just past Elk County, any news from there?

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flintauqua

Roberta was listening to the scanner and said in a FB post about an hour ago that there had been 70 mph winds reported on the Eaglehead (that would be where the wind farm is under construction) and then someone posted a comment that they had heard of 80+ winds.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

flintauqua

Link to reports sent to the Wichita office of the NWS:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/product.php?site=ICT&issuedby=ICT&product=LSR&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

You can just keep hitting "previous version" to read through this evenings reports.  There are several from the towns of Chautauqua, Caney, Eureka, and at least one from Grenola.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk