Will the World End Tomorrow, Saturday May 21st

Started by Warph, May 20, 2011, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

By now you've picked up on the buzz that, according to Harold Camping of Family Radio, the rapture will occur this coming Saturday, May 21st. He's even gone so far as to predict the exact time (6 PM), though there's some confusion concerning time zones around the world.

Speaking to the matter of predicting His return, Jesus himself replied:
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Mark 13:32).

Jesus tells us in Matthew 24: "Therefore stay awake, for you do not know the day your Lord is coming ... the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect" (v. 42, 44).

Story at:
http://www.focusonlinecommunities.com/blogs/Finding_Home/2011/05/19/will-the-world-end-on-saturday

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Janet Harrington

I have been hearing this and have to just laugh because we have done this kind of thing before and we are still here. It is amazing that some religious folks believe that how they interpret the Bible is the only way that life is. This man predicts the exact day and hour that Christ will return to take us to heaven with him. Interesting that he is the only one who knows this.

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on May 20, 2011, 11:58:18 PM
I have been hearing this and have to just laugh because we have done this kind of thing before and we are still here. It is amazing that some religious folks believe that how they interpret the Bible is the only way that life is. This man predicts the exact day and hour that Christ will return to take us to heaven with him. Interesting that he is the only one who knows this.

It is because he like most religious folks have got it all backwards and messed up. INSTEAD of predicting the date and setting on their butts waiting on him to come, they are supposed to be out there spreading the salvation message, not the doomsday message and not worrying about what time or day christ will come.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

I am not so sure I would classify him with 'most Religious groups' unless he is like the Phelphs CLAN. 
I would consider that to be a cult, if I was forced to label.  Free speech is a right, and the nasty taste in my mouth when I hear him speak is a preference, and I spit it out.
I'm Ready whenever He comes, are you?
Ready

Mom70x7

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

Whether I am ready or not depends on how the Preakness turns out today.  If I lose heavily, I am ready.  If I win, I won't be ready until it is all spent.

readyaimduck

QuoteWhether I am ready or not depends on how the Preakness turns out today.  If I lose heavily, I am ready.  If I win, I won't be ready until it is all spent.

Now THAT is a '  horse of a different call-er"   ;D

larryJ

I told my wife yesterday that today was the end of the world.  She started dragging out the suitcases.........I fell down I was laughing so hard.............I am still hiding.

I think a little more advance notice, say, a da.........wee.....mon............few years would be good.

If it is the end today, I will not be posting anything.  Come to think of it, neither will anyone else.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

readyaimduck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk