Started by Teresa, May 17, 2011, 09:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

"Water, water, every where,

And all the boards did shrink;

Water, water, every where,

Nor any drop to drink."

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/obama-administration-seizes-power-over-water/

While we were distracted by the release of Obama's phony birth certificate and the killing of Osama bin Laden, the Obama administration sneakily prepares to seize control of America's water supplies.

Jonathan Benson of Natural News reports on May 7, 2011 that on April 27, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and US Army Corps of Engineers (ACE) jointly released a new draft guidance for the federal Clean Water Act that aims to dramatically expand both the scope of what constitutes a "water source," as well as the legal power federal agencies can exert over those water sources.

If enacted, the proposal will allow the two agencies to control any stream, pond, or even puddle that they determine "has a physical, chemical or biological connection" to any larger body of water, which includes even privately-owned water sources.

One of the biggest impacts of the guidance will be to reverse previous Supreme Court decisions that have established the proper constitutional limits on the scope of federal government regulatory authority over water and other natural resources. By undoing these previous decisions, the EPA and ACE will have a free pass to arbitrarily develop and establish their own rules, without proper congressional approval.

The EPA and ACE claim that expanded jurisdiction is needed to protect water from pollution and other contaminants. That claim however is belied by the EPA having given pollution exemptions to companies like Monsanto in the past, as well as allowed millions of gallons of toxic COREXIT to be dumped into the Gulf of Mexico during the BP disaster last year.

The draft Clean Water Act guidelines will take more control away from individual citizens, and give it to corrupt bureaucrats — all in the name of protecting water quality and promoting public health.

Ashley Lyon, Deputy Environmental Counsel for the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, said, "Despite a letter from 170 members of Congress opposing the guidance, EPA and the Corps have crowned themselves kings of every drop of water in the country – except maybe a backyard swimming pool."

The agencies are accepting public comment on the proposal for 60 days:
http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/guidance/wetlands/CWAwaters.cfm

You can also read the entire proposal for yourself here:

http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/guidance/wetlands/upload/wous_guidance_4-2011.pdf
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

I changed them.. I was taking them off my pdf files.. they work now.

flintauqua

Thanks Teresa, you beat me to it.  Just trying to help.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Teresa

Not a problem... I'm still up doing D&M's bookwork so I got the alert and was right here.. thanks for the help.. Probably need it the next time..  :)

srkruzich

I don't see what this is going to do to improve anything. Hell the Government is the worst polluter of our water.  So whos going to police the police??
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Exactly... more government takeover butting their noses in.. wanting it all..

Roma Jean Turner

Just when I Wonder what they can come up with to p... me off more,  they come up with this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk