Started by flintauqua, May 16, 2011, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

http://www.fhs.ksoutdoors.com/

2011 Governor's Flint Hills Visioning Summit

Agenda

9:00 Registration, Coffee, Meet & Greet
9:30 Welcome and Introduction of the Governor Senator Jeff Longbine
9:35 Opening Remarks Governor Brownback; Greeting/Comments Lt. Governor Jeff Colyer
10:00 Current Vision for the Flint Hills
• Wildlife, Parks & Tourism – How does it fit? Secretary Jennison
• Tourism (Fermata & Beyond) Becky Blake
• KDOT's Role in the Economic Development of the Flint Hills Maggie Thompson-Doll
• Rural Business Development (Commerce) Carole Jordan
• Marketing our Agricultural Assets (Dept. Of Ag) Chris Wilson
• Conservation -The Power of Partnerships Brian Obermeyer
(Voluntary Conservation Easements)
11:00 Break
11:15 Break out session
• What are the top 3 priorities to create jobs & achieve sustainable communities in the Flint Hills?
• What's stopping us?
12:00 Governor's Address Gov. Sam Brownback
Lunch, Networking
1:15 Symphony in the Flint Hills/Art in the Flint Hills (video trailer) Emily Hunter
Flint Hills Tourism Coalition – Who We Are and Where We're Headed? Suzan Barnes
Flint Oaks Hunting Lodge – "Adding to the Local Economy" Jeff Oakes
Flint Hills Regional Council – The Driving Force behind the Movement Ty Warner
Flint Hills Discovery Center – The Vision and the Impact Bob Workman
2:30 Break
2:45 Panel Discussion, "Moving Forward"
This session will be facilitated by Governor Brownback. Audience participation will be highly
encouraged.
• Becky Blake (KS Tourism) Suzan Barnes (Flint Hills Tourism Coalition)
• Emily Hunter (Symphony in the Flint Hills) Jeff Oakes (Flint Oaks Lodge)
• Ty Warner (Flint Hills Regional Council) Bob Workman (Flint Hills Discovery Center)
• Brian Obermeyer (The Nature Conservancy) Maggie Thompson-Doll (KDOT)
• Marci Penner (Kansas Sampler Foundation) Senator Jeff Longbine (Emporia)
• Carole Jordan (KS Commerce) Chris Wilson (KS Ag)
• What are the next steps?
• Who is responsible?
4:00 Break
4:15 Governor's Summation of the Day......Setting the Direction & Accountability for the future
4:30 Adjourn
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

greatguns

Governor's Summit- Flint Oak  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  I am so shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Patriot

Quote from: greatguns on May 16, 2011, 09:02:22 PM
Governor's Summit- Flint Oak  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  I am so shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wonder if everybody is gonna sit in little kindergarten circles.  And who's supplying the post-it notes?  Personally, I suspect the venue is better suited to the task than the Howard Library.  And people call me negative!?!  Hmmph.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Whoa, let's rein this horse in a bit.

The Visioning Summit is not being held at Flint Oak.  It's being held at Camp Wood YMCA southwest of Elmdale in Chase County.  My bad for not having that as part of the original post.

The reference made to Flint Oak (if you read the agenda) is about the fact that Jeff Oaks of Flint Oak will be a presenter and panel discussion member at the Summit.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on May 16, 2011, 09:43:44 PM
Whoa, let's rein this horse in a bit.

The Visioning Summit is not being held at Flint Oak.  It's being held at Camp Wood YMCA southwest of Elmdale in Chase County.  My bad for not having that as part of the original post.

The reference made to Flint Oak (if you read the agenda) is about the fact that Jeff Oaks of Flint Oak will be a presenter and panel discussion member at the Summit.

Thanks for the clarification.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

greatguns

I understood where it was and I understand the Governor doesn't want to ruin the beautiful Flinthills with wind farms. Tourism is what he is all about. Fllinthills could be the Sturgis for horseback riders.  Flint Oak for tourism.  Nice marriage. :P

Wilma

Just how is the governour going to get the ranchers to let people on horseback ride through their herds?

greatguns

It appears that he just says this is how it is going to be.

sixdogsmom

Da' Big Bucks ride agin! I had a feelin' that Big Erl mighta had a hand in this.  :o
Edie

Wilma

This morning's news contained the results of a survey that was done, I think by KWCH, on whether or not the people surveyed favored wind farms in the Flint Hills.  The result was overhelmingly FOR wind farms.

Again, I am just reporting what I heard on the news.  Please don't take it as my opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk