The Governor's Flint Hills Visioning Summit May 17, 2011

Started by flintauqua, May 16, 2011, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

My post from a different thread on what state and federal agencies now consider to be the Flint Hills, based on topography, geology, soils, flora and fauna, etc.

QuoteHere's the link to the map I was talking about.  It was developed in 2001 by many Federal and state agencies in Kansas and Nebraska:  Okay, something was wrong with the format of that link - try going to this page and then clicking on the first image.

http://www.epa.gov/wed/pages/ecoregions/ksne_eco.htm#Please

"This poster is the product of a collaborative effort primarily between the US EPA Region VII, the US EPA National
Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory (Corvallis, Oregon), the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ), the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (NGPC), the Kansas Biological Survey (KBS), the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS), the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Division of Environment (KDHE), Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP), the United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) (formerly the Soil Conservation Service), and the United States Department of the Interior - U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) - Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) Data Center."

"This project is associated with an interagency effort to develop a common framework of ecological regions. . . . Regional collaborative projects such as this one in Nebraska and Kansas, where agreement can be reached among multiple resource management agencies, is a step in the direction of attaining commonality and consistency in ecoregion frameworks for the entire nation."

You will notice a large chunk of what has been classified Osage Cuestas in the past, is now classified as part of the Flint Hills, including large sections of Elk and Chautauqua counties, and nearly all of Greenwood.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

greatguns

greatguns

Jarhead, I can assure my Dad never unloaded a horse to go on a trail ride just for fun and yes he held a card in RCA.  No, he never rode at Madison Square Garden.  As a matter of fact he never even entered a rodeo at Madison Square Garden.  Don't know about hemp, but he damn sure might have emptied a bottle in his day.  I'll see what I can do about the respect for you and if you would ever visit any of us, you would know that I am twice the size of your beloved Rita.

greatguns

Jarhead, I wasn't comapring bikers to horseback riders, that was the governor.  And I stand corrected on the Flint hills, I had know idea they were spreading.  Guess I really am getting old 'cause they weren't in Elk county when I was a kid learning geography.

jarhead

Guns,
It could be that the same "great seismic event" that pushed our old outhouse from 3 miles from the house, to 50 yards, might of pushed the Flint Hills into Elk County . I'll ask ol Sarge cause he's a smart ol cuss.
Are you sure Cliff never bull dogged and rode bulls at Madison Square garden ? I could have swore that your Uncle Harry told me him and Cliff both did. Earned extra cash by taking care of the livestock. Either way , your Dad was a REAL cowboy and probably thought it foolish to ride just for the sake of riding.
I don't care if you are bigger than Rita. Rita has to be tough to be married all these years to that left handed, sucker punching ol man of hers.:)

redcliffsw

Srkruzich, you call like you see 'em.   A "joke of an energy program" is the best description I've seen about Wind Power.

Seems like I read that TVA is buying the electric power from the Wind Farm.  TVA is owned by the government.

jerry wagner

Quote from: redcliffsw on May 19, 2011, 06:19:27 PM
Srkruzich, you call like you see 'em.   A "joke of an energy program" is the best description I've seen about Wind Power.

Seems like I read that TVA is buying the electric power from the Wind Farm.  TVA is owned by the government.

Kind of like a broken record with you, huh?

pepelect

Hey did you hear that the TVA is owned by the government.  The government is buying power made possible by tax breaks and incentives the government invented.   Oh the circle of life. 

Recycle Reduce Reuse

Stay with us as we grow! 

:-X :-X  GOVT PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!  :-X :-X

I have a joke for you ........                Knock, Knock!!

who's there??                             

:laugh: Wind Power! :laugh:

Patriot

Quote from: PAT RIOT on May 20, 2011, 12:15:59 AM
Hey did you hear that the TVA is owned by the government.  The government is buying power made possible by tax breaks and incentives the government invented.

And then selling it to citizens who pay a much higher price for it than electricity generated by other means.

STAY WITH THEM AS THEY BLOW!

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk