Another wreck?

Started by kshillbillys, May 09, 2011, 08:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

What happened at the Moline 160-99 junction today?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Mom70x7

From KAKE-TV news:

One person was killed in an accident in Elk County Monday.

The accident happened after 3:00 p.m. on Kansas Highway 99, fifteen miles south of Howard.

The Kansas Highway Patrol said a northbound semi drove off the right edge of the roadway and then overcorrected. The vehicle rolled, coming to rest on its top.

The driver, Brian Norman, 36, of Duenweg, Missouri was killed. A passenger, Amber Lockard, 29, of Joplin, Missouri was flown to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita for treatment.

sixdogsmom

Thanks for the update, Debbie. I saw the new rescue vehicle go out yesterday, and heard an emergency vehicle go through town, but did not know what had happened. I do hope that highway 99 is upgraded to at least the quality that it is from Howard to 400 at some time in the near future. Highway 99 carries a lot of truck traffic on road that is less than conducive to safe transportation. Have you ever seen this road from the perspective of a semi running at night? I have, and believe you me it is a scary ride. The lanes are narrow, and the ditches are steep. May God be with these two families as they deal with this.  :'(
Edie

Marcia Moore

Humpy

I am surprised that there are not more wrecks of that nature on K-160 between Grenola and Moline .Where there is NO shoulder to speak of.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk