Of Elk Konnected, wind farms & gorillas... Friends, Romans, countrymen...

Started by Patriot, May 04, 2011, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 06, 2011, 09:44:57 AM
Just cause I have a million dollars, does that mean I have power?????

"Money is Power"
Andrew Jackson made the statement. (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837).
I don't know if he declared a certain amount or in what situation.

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 06, 2011, 10:44:20 AM
  So Ross.............just exactly what did the Elk County government do to you or not let you do that gave you such a hard-on to get em?

How appalling, wow I so shocked at such profoud a statement. I am not upsett with Elk Government, perhaps a little dismayed that they won't disclose who they are giving money to when Elk Konnected asks for money. I do believe they probably know. I haven't bad mouthed anyone. I had simply asked questions. It is a civic duty just like voting. Everyone in the county who pays taxes should be asking the same questions as good citizens of the county. However, they have the right to be silent if they so chose.

I am so amazed that you feel that strongly about my asking questions to find the need to use such language.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteI am so amazed that you feel that strongly about my asking questions to find the need to use such language.

I could care less whether you ask questions or not.......the insinuating way you do it is just a LITTLE irritating......you are obviously barkin up the wrong tree badgerin people on here about things they dont know........as for people "owning up" to donating to EKonnected on here why the hell would they after readin these threads???You would be badgerin THEM then and I'm pretty sure they dont want that pain in the you know what cause I sure wouldn't and they dont HAVE to answer to anybody for who or what they donate to...........as for "such language" GIVE me a break. I'm plainspoken....so? Spare me the "oh my I cant imagine why you are taking such a tone with me after all the nice things I've said" spiel.

Now YOU go have a nice day

Roma Jean Turner

Patriot

Quote from: mtcookson on May 06, 2011, 08:22:28 AM
Exactly, soccer games or whatever for the kids will do absolutely nothing for growth. Not that more stuff to do for the kids is bad, not in any way is that bad. More stuff to do is great, will keep kids out of trouble. However, I haven't really seen anything that would promote growth yet. If we want growth, money making businesses that can hire locals is essential. There's no other way around it. That's what the people here need to understand.

Bingo!  I think it was Ross who identified the 'lollipop' factor.  Lollipops are great, satisfy in the short run, but not very long lasting, and you can't feed a family on them. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

More information we don't have....

We believe EK is a tax exempt company.  Could the exemption be under IRS Section 501(c)(3)?  We don't know, of course. And even asking is considered a social faux pax in some circles.  But if so, here's some info from our friends at the IRS...

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

Exempt Purposes - Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3)

The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals.  The term charitable is used in its generally accepted legal sense and includes relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged; advancement of religion; advancement of education or science; erecting or maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works; lessening the burdens of government; lessening neighborhood tensions; eliminating prejudice and discrimination; defending human and civil rights secured by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.

Lobbying

In general, no organization may qualify for section 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying).  A 501(c)(3) organization may engage in some lobbying, but too much lobbying activity risks loss of tax-exempt status.

Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature, any local council, or similar governing body, with respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as legislative confirmation of appointive office), or by the public in referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional amendment, or similar procedure.  It does not include actions by executive, judicial, or administrative bodies.

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying.  For example, organizations may conduct educational meetings, prepare and distribute educational materials, or otherwise consider public policy issues in an educational manner without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

Inurement/Private Benefit - Charitable Organizations

A section 501(c)(3) organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, such as the creator or the creator's family, shareholders of the organization, other designated individuals, or persons controlled directly or indirectly by such private interests. No part of the net earnings of a section 501(c)(3) organization may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. A private shareholder or individual is a person having a personal and private interest in the activities of the organization.

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 06, 2011, 06:17:29 AM
As for a LLC, it also said on the sight that I found information about, that the person that files that paperwork might not be the head person, could just be a lawyer or someone else.

You're getting there.  Now, the registered agent and registered address is the point of contact for the Secretary of State and the person and place where legal service of summons is to be made on the company.  The registered agent does not, however, need to be an admitted member of an LLC.  It could be anyone, but is often the attorney representing the company.  In the case of EK, the registered agent would be Mr. Fish, whom many of you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

There was a great man that feed 1,000's on couple loaves of bread!! (Can't remember how many loaves exactly)!

I'm not saying that you don't have the right to know. You have the right, but how is it that I who works 12 hours a day, never really gets much adult conversation, know many members of Elk Konnect???? I really don't get out much. But the ones that I have seen I have asked them some of these questions that are posted on here deny paying to join, they have just joined the group of their own free will, yet you don't seem to understand that part I know is true. I don't understand.

Do any of you remember when Helm's Tire's openned up??? I know that if it wasn't for the help that a one Charlie Durbin gave me, I might not have opened the doors to my daycare. He used to be the  Elk County Economic Developer, before Laura Fry and Jennifer. He helped me to understand and develop my business plan and all the underlying things that you do before you start up a business. And YES, I was using an Elk County employ to help me start up my business. That is their job, to develop jobs. He did that. I have a job, and I do have a part time helper. So, that created 1 1/2 jobs for the county. To me, that was a good thing. Many of you have knocked him down a time or two for the way that he believes and his opinions. This is why so many of us are defending Elk Konnect. Not that you are not entitled to your opinions and your answers, but if you don't like them you poke at them just like some little kid does at school.

I also believe that in this economic times we are having, there is no shot of getting big companies in to rural towns for awhile. So, why not be happy with getting the wind mill workers and jobs the short time that we get them??? And another thing, with the economy the way it is, shouldn't all the communities stick together??? I mean, I always thought that working together and trying to get along was a thing that parents taught their kids. I try my hardest to instill that in my girls!! Maybe if everyone would see some positive in some things, then just maybe these communities could grow.

I know that I am just blowing hot air to most of you, I keep telling myself I will keep my opinions to myself, but I'm a little stubborn, plus I also have learned the hard way you have to fight for things that you believe in. I believe in Longton, Moline, Grenola, Severy, and Howard and all the communities that are part of Elk Konnect!! I believe that each of the communities have such positive things about them that they are worth standing up for!!!

If I was one of the members of Elk Konnected, I wouldn't answer one of your questions on here. You have proven to alot of people that you won't listen to the truth, nor will you except the truth.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on May 06, 2011, 11:53:52 AM
I could care less whether you ask questions or not.......the insinuating way you do it is just a LITTLE irritating......you are obviously barkin up the wrong tree badgerin people on here about things they dont know........as for people "owning up" to donating to EKonnected on here why the hell would they after readin these threads???You would be badgerin THEM then and I'm pretty sure they dont want that pain in the you know what cause I sure wouldn't and they dont HAVE to answer to anybody for who or what they donate to...........as for "such language" GIVE me a break. I'm plainspoken....so? Spare me the "oh my I cant imagine why you are taking such a tone with me after all the nice things I've said" spiel.

Now YOU go have a nice day
You said," badgerin people on here about things they dont know" I haven't asked anyone to respond, that is of their on volition.
Just like your response above, I didn't ask you to go to all that trouble. You are free to ignore my posts as well.

You said,"the insinuating way you do it is just"  I jsut don't understand this line, a question is a question. Please explain if you wish.

You said, "as for people "owning up" to donating to EKonnected---You would be badgerin THEM  You apparently misread something. I said I don't care who donated. You can go back and read what I said if you want.

And I always do have a good day, thank you.
Have a great weekend.

Roma Jean Turner

What.....no one is willing to commit a social faux paux to get the answers? PLEASE go ahead and commit one so we can find something else to obsess over...and if I misspelled a word or used dots....I don't give a rats butt.  Ha Ha Ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk