Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally

Started by Patriot, April 29, 2011, 08:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Judy Harder on May 02, 2011, 08:44:36 AM
How interesting you all are making the cheese recipes. I do not intend to make any. I do enjoy knowing
"How they Do That" Thanks for the ride-along. keep the info coming. beats politics any day. LOL Don't get
me guys, I am joking..............sort of LOL

The only thing i am good at is cottage cheese, chevere and cheddar.  I still haven't been able to successfully make mozzerella and am too lazy to make provalone, gouda, and other cheeses.   ITs bad enough with cheddar, its a 4 -6 hour process
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I'd never bother with mozzerella as the Italian community here makes it by the train load and it is wonderful. They make it every day so it is really fresh and good. I like chevere too, but never tried to make it. (One of Al's friends went to work at a little chevere "factory" after he retired to the mountains in Maryland). I get my good Amish cheddar (rat cheese) off the big wheel at the Amish end of our local farmers market. It's a really sharp, rather dry cheese that is my all time favorite.

redcliffsw

Is the Amish cheddar approved by the gov't? 

Diane Amberg

Approved?  I don't know if the Gov't even likes sharp cheddar. ;D  permitted, yes, of course.

redcliffsw

How do you mean permitted? 

Do you the Amish have to have permission to sell or do you have to have permission to buy? 

redcliffsw

The Milk Police

If we are not even free anymore to decide something as basic as what we wish to eat or drink, how much freedom do we really have left?
-Ron Paul

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul741.html

Diane Amberg

To answer the earlier question, PA issues permits to the Amish who meet cleanliness and temperature standards for selling raw milk and "organic" foods. It's for the buyers protection. So sue you say...for what? The cow?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 20, 2011, 05:41:51 PM
To answer the earlier question, PA issues permits to the Amish who meet cleanliness and temperature standards for selling raw milk and "organic" foods. It's for the buyers protection. So sue you say...for what? The cow?

Amish have assets.  Farms, equipment, livestock.  Yeah sue. Plus they do have money. 

Diane Amberg

Sorry Steve,that was meant to be a joke.I guess it flopped. ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 20, 2011, 06:27:29 PM
Sorry Steve,that was meant to be a joke.I guess it flopped. ;D

I'd say it was a crash and burn :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk