Do You Have a Birth Certificate or

Started by Wilma, April 26, 2011, 08:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Pam, I like your attitude.  It is done.  Live with it.  Do better next time.  But make sure it is better.

Wilma

The distinction between "natural born" and "native born" is not universally accepted by Constitutional scholars as a crucial one, however.  Short of Supreme Court decision or legislative statute settling the matter, it remains but one way of interpreting a long standing legal ambiquity concerning the eligibility clause.  There are other interpretations, most notably that found in an analysis of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's standing as a natural-born citizen conducted by former U.S. Solicitator General Theodore Olson and Constitutional law professor Lawrence Tule in 2008.  In this view--"based on the original meaning of the Constitution, the Framer's intentions, and subsequent legal precedent." they wrote--either the fact of birth on U.S. soil OR the fact of birth to a U.S. citizen is sufficient to confer natural born status.

I don't remember where I found this and since my computer is refusing to do certain things for me, I had to hand copy it, so may be not all the words are right.

Also, somewhere in my reading, it was pointed out that only a candidate's mother's citizenship could be ascertained as the candidate's father wasn't necessarily the one named on the birth certificate.

kshillbillys

My congratulations to your President, Barack Hussein Obama II, born to that white trash mother of his and his african daddy. It makes me wonder why you didn't show your birth certificate two years ago to shut everyone up. Why would you wait until someone with the money and power of Donald Trump and his investigators to finally be forced to put it out? Finally a little bit of truth coming from your big mouth. Now... don't stop. Mr. Trump's investigators are still at work. We want to know why you went under the name Barry Soetoro when you attended school in Indonesia and what passport you used in 1981 to travel to Pakistan when US Citizens were banned from traveling to Pakistan at that time. Still sounds like some dual citizenship questions are legitimate. Unlike John McCain who was born to an American dad and mother on a US Naval base in Panama, meaning American soil, who showed his birth certificate right up front. We didn't have to wait 2 years. Just my thoughts. I'm not using any big words. I guess it's just because I'm so damned ignorant that I don't question the almighty chosen one in the White House.---MR. KSHillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Can somebody please give me a reliable source that Americans were really banned from traveling to Pakistan in 1981. I know about a ban to Libya, but I thought the business about Pakistan was proven to be false. I sure don't remember it. So much rumor flies around it's sometimes hard to know what's correct.There was one about Mitt Romney being born in Mexico too, also false.

flintauqua

Sorry, I originally put this on the wrong thread.

http://factcheck.org/2009/06/more-birther-nonsense-obamas-1981-pakistan-trip/

I've been slammed before for using this source, and I'll get slammed again because it dares to refute many claims that some forum members believe to be gospel.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

greatguns

Makes one wonder why all those running in the last Preidential election wasn't smart enough to prove this man didn't qualify to run for office.  Guess we got the smartest one if office. :P

Anmar

Quote from: Patriot on April 27, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
Yet another transparent and poor emulation of Alinsky's tactics of isolate and demonize.  If you can't stay on topic and argue the current facts at hand then how about not wasting bandwidth to try to substitute irrelevant matters just to muddy the discussion.

What, exactly, does the 'citizenship' status of Christ in the ancient Roman Empire have to do with the US Constitution as it relates to the qualifications to hold the office of president?  As far as I know, Jesus, the Holy Spirit nor Reagan's ghost are even running for the office, and the matter at hand doesn't really have a spiritual component in that context.

Wow, the lengths to which progressive government worshipers will go to dismiss and avoid a valid debate of law and inconvenient facts really is amazing.  Now, about that pesky constitutional rule of law thing.....

Translation:     "valid points and analogies aren't allowed here, especially if i don't have a good argument to refute them"
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on April 28, 2011, 11:02:58 AM
Translation:     "valid points and analogies aren't allowed here, especially if i don't have a good argument to refute them"

Yet another voice from the caverns of... Anmar, how exactly, is the 1st century citizenship of Jesus relevant to a discussion of the constitutional citizenship requirements for a US president in the 21st century?  Should we also examine the requirements to be the leader of the Mayan empire?  I'm sure that would be helpful as well.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Can't cut and paste from snopes, so you'll just have to read the whole thing; I'm not typing a condensed version:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Anmar

Quote from: Patriot on April 28, 2011, 08:55:36 PM
Yet another voice from the caverns of... Anmar, how exactly, is the 1st century citizenship of Jesus relevant to a discussion of the constitutional citizenship requirements for a US president in the 21st century?  Should we also examine the requirements to be the leader of the Mayan empire?  I'm sure that would be helpful as well.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

edit:  let me add that anyone who takes this whole thing seriously is wasting their time.  Trump brought it back up as a publicity stunt.  The far right is the most gullible portion of our population, and this whole sham is just evidence of how easily many of you are manipulated, and how readily some of you will manipulate facts to attract support.

Even Sarah Palin said that its not really an issue, and there are more important things to do with our time and energy.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk