Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisy

Ross, is your son's school a Blue Ribbon school?  Has your son's school ever been put on improvement by the state for not  reaching the proper testing scores?  How does your son's school do when it comes to math contests and scholar's bowl contests?

Well I know that my children's school, West Elk, is not a Blue Ribbon school, however it does produce many college bound, tech school bound, and employment bound kids.  I know that West Elk always comes out on top when it comes to Math contests and Scholar's bowl contest.  And I know that West Elk has not been put on school improvement and has received many acknowledgements for its high academic successes.  Each year West Elk graduates receive astronomical amounts of scholarships. So West Elk must be doing something right!

Patriot

Quote from: ELK@KC on January 17, 2013, 08:01:30 AM
It doesn't matter if you agree with Ross or not, his whole reason for Ross knocking the West Elk School board is a personal vendetta against some of the people and families... Ross doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, and he makes up or confuses much of what he is trying to say...

How about offering some point by point proof to support the basis of your attack.  To just blindly support all elected officials isn't necessarily rational in this day and age.  As you write, it's you who sound like you're ranting.  Your history of just attacking every questioning voice resonates of the last 2+ years relative to county level operations & Elk Korrected.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: ELK@KC on January 17, 2013, 08:01:30 AM
It doesn't matter if you agree with Ross or not, his whole reason for Ross knocking the West Elk School board is a personal vendetta against some of the people and families.

You sure like that word vendetta, don't you. Perhaps it's because you that have a vendetta to squash any constructive criticism or discussions that don't fit your needs, isn't that the true problem? But hey, you are entitled to your opinion.

I'm not knocking West Elk School Board, I'm offering constructive criticism.

I have also suggested that they don't continue to waste taxpayer dollars that are suppose to be used for education of the children, on a hunt to prove they need to build a new school or wing on to the school building.

Two studies bought and paid for by taxpayers and no report to the taxpayers.
Why do you suppose that is?
In fact the first study was never completed.
The professors were supposed to come back and have a report for the public and it never happened. Why?

I'd just like to know how much of this construction talk is being pushed by the Konnected School Board President?

Oh, did you notice Who is on the Elk Konnected, LLC steering Committee, non- other than our elected Konnected School Board President David Whetstone, how about that? He is no longer just listed on their home page simply as a contact person. And isn't it time for for Mrs. Hendricks to change her title to ex-county commissioner or something similar?

Check it out Steering Committee at: http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/steering.php

But really folks does raising property taxes to build an unnecessarily large school make for better teaching? Is that true prestige? Prestige is what Howard is looking for isn't it? At the expense of higher taxes, right?

Or wouldn't concentrating on raising the bar on education to a Blue Ribbon School provide real prestige?

Or does that require to much work, to do something really constructive for the children?

I'm referring to the school that I pay taxes to support, not some other school district, nice try from you other posters attempting moving the discussion to another school district.

WeI do believe we do have some very good school board members that can think for themselves instead of just being followers and I commend those people. And they know who they are.

So really what carry's the most weight, improving the education at West Elk to a Blue Ribbon School or spending taxpayer dollars for more brick and mortar?

Just asking, what is your opinion?

daisy

Ross, I just find it amazing that you are more concerned about the education of the children at West Elk rather than that of your on child.  There are people that pay tax money in  Elk County that goes to your son's school.  Shouldn't that be an issue also?  Shouldn't the tax paying citizens worry about the educational issues of the other Elk County school district?

Ross

Quote from: daisy on January 17, 2013, 12:11:55 PM
Ross, I just find it amazing that you are more concerned about the education of the children at West Elk rather than that of your on child.  There are people that pay tax money in  Elk County that goes to your son's school.  Shouldn't that be an issue also?  Shouldn't the tax paying citizens worry about the educational issues of the other Elk County school district?

Daisy I am as concerned about my sons education as any other child's. But the point here is the waste of taxpayers dollars when those dollars could be used more constructively. Some of those dollars come out of my pocket as well as yours. Do you like your tasx dollars wasted? Do you want higher property taxes to fullfill the wishes of a few controlling people? I sure don't.

If they are looking for prestige.the best prestige they could get is by becoming a Blue Ribbon School, IMHO, and it would be state wide prestige. I have read where they want more state recognition, what better way to get it?

The fact that a very few students win a contest or two does not represent all the students. Where as becoming a Blue Ribbon School would. But perhaps that would require to much work for the school board and everyone else involved, I don't know. Do you know?

proelkco

Ross and Patriot, why don't you two run for the school board?

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on January 17, 2013, 02:33:54 PM
duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really promotes intellectual conversation, doesn't it?
Not that I'm an intellect, I'm just a red neck. But I can do better than
Quote from: proelkco on January 17, 2013, 02:33:54 PM
duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good job!

I suppose that means concerned citizens should not be allowed to discuss matters that pertain to them.
Is that it?

Patriot

Quote from: proelkco on January 17, 2013, 01:46:36 PM
Ross and Patriot, why don't you two run for the school board?

Quote from: Ross on January 17, 2013, 02:30:10 PM
Why?

Ditto, Ross.  Didn't we listen to that petty, debate avoidance, tripe regarding the County Commission over the last 2 years?  Seems neither of us ran for commissioner, and things seem to be returning to intelligent, taxpayer centered, governance at a nice pace.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk