Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Some people can't see the forest for the trees.  Ross can't see the trees for the forest.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 01, 2012, 01:36:20 PM
If we all presume that the minute a person is elected or appointed to a governmental office or position they immediately change from the person we entrusted with that position into a person that can't be trusted to tell you the time of day, then who in their right mind is going to serve in public office.

Perhaps, that is what you presume and I can not speak for everyone else, but I sure don't?
You see actions often speak louder than words, but the words just lend support?

I am not looking at forest or trees, but perhaps looking at greed to grab money from the County Coffers.

flintauqua

Quote from: ddurbin on April 01, 2012, 01:39:37 PM
Can someone please point out to me in the meeting notice provided where it says the purpose is to discuss Elk Konnected, LLC starting a for-profit center?  I read it as being a meeting to discuss the issue of daycare in general.

Hey Ross, while you're on here, could you please answer Dan's question?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

ddurbin

No need to focus on Ross.  I wouldn't expect an answer from him to be anything other than "it most definitely must be for the sole purpose of Elk Konnected trying to beggar thy neighbor and misuse taxpayer money to start an endeavor that they are certain to fail at."  I was hoping to hear from someone with a more unbiased opinion and interpretation.

Ross

Quote from: ddurbin on April 01, 2012, 03:04:20 PM
No need to focus on Ross.  I wouldn't expect an answer from him to be anything other than "it most definitely must be for the sole purpose of Elk Konnected trying to beggar thy neighbor and misuse taxpayer money to start an endeavor that they are certain to fail at."  I was hoping to hear from someone with a more unbiased opinion and interpretation.

Oh, you mean they didn't fail at running the wellness center, I'm sorry, I stand corrected.
And it wasn't taxpayers money, again I stand corrected.

But no, I think I did say about a week ago that it must be time for one of those so called Elk Konnected, LLC community conversations. So they could keep up with of Public Squares Community, LLC requirements. Personally, I think that daycare is the subject as an excuse for such a meeting, not really to accomplish anything.

Only time will tell, right?

Ross

Since this thread long ago became a potpourri of many sub-topics, jump back with me to the issue of the upcoming meeting regarding daycare.  There are many types of daycare:  daycare in a registered home, daycare in a licensed home, daycare by a non-profit organization such as a church, daycare in a for-profit center.  Can someone please point out to me in the meeting notice provided where it says the purpose is to discuss Elk Konnected, LLC starting a for-profit center?  I read it as being a meeting to discuss the issue of daycare in general.

So, what is it daycare in a registered home, daycare in a licensed home, daycare by a non-profit organization such as a church, daycare in a for-profit center?

Or is this an attempt to confuse or mis-direct?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 01, 2012, 02:41:09 PM
Hey Ross, while you're on here, could you please answer Dan's question?

Here is the question I ass/u/me you are refering to:

Can someone please point out to me in the meeting notice provided where it says the purpose is to discuss Elk Konnected, LLC starting a for-profit center?

I just don't recall anyone saying any such thing.
But since you brought it up, are they?
Is that the purpose of the meeting?

Patriot

Can someone please point out to me in the meeting notice provided where it says the purpose is to discuss Elk Konnected, LLC starting a for-profit center?  I read it as being a meeting to discuss the issue of daycare in general.

Do you have reason to believe that any daycare started here would be organized as a 501(3)(c) or some other 501 non-profit. Or do you suspect that the for profit, private company, Elk Konnected LLC is holding a 'public' meeting to encourage such a new, non-profit business.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

ddurbin

I don't have a clue as to what Elk Konnected's purpose or motive is in hosting this meeting, and apparently neither does anyone else who has responded on this thread regarding it.  I was just curious after reading post #3635 on March 26 where Ross asked whether Elk Konnected would be using windfarm money to build a YMCA on Highways 160 & 99, complete with a daycare center equipt for twins.  After the actual message announcing the meeting was posted, I didn't see any mention of such a facility.  Just a meeting to discuss daycare needs in the community.

Patriot

Quote from: ddurbin on April 01, 2012, 08:40:24 PM
I don't have a clue as to what Elk Konnected's purpose or motive is in hosting this meeting, and apparently neither does anyone else who has responded on this thread regarding it.  I was just curious after reading post #3635 on March 26 where Ross asked whether Elk Konnected would be using windfarm money to build a YMCA on Highways 160 & 99, complete with a daycare center equipt for twins.  After the actual message announcing the meeting was posted, I didn't see any mention of such a facility.  Just a meeting to discuss daycare needs in the community.

Can't say for sure, but possibly the idea comes from extrapolation.  Look at the opening post on this thread.  Given 1) the 'Big Ideas' that EK developed during the windfarm money discussion last year, 2) the community wide daycare topic this year, and 3) the fact that the same brain trust is at the core of both konversations & at the core of county government, maybe that's the nexus of Ross' ideas.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

I don't have a clue as to what Elk Konnected's purpose or motive is in hosting this meeting, and apparently neither does anyone else who has responded on this thread regarding it.  I was just curious after reading post #3635 on March 26 where Ross asked whether Elk Konnected would be using windfarm money to build a YMCA on Highways 160 & 99, complete with a daycare center equipt for twins.  After the actual message announcing the meeting was posted, I didn't see any mention of such a facility.  Just a meeting to discuss daycare needs in the community.

For not having a clue you seem to have a lot to say about the subject?
But me, I don't have a clue either, that's why I ask?

But Yes, hasn't that been Elk Konnected, LLC's  Modus operandi er mode of operation?
My horde of visionaries seem to think so.

Last year in March didn't Elk Konnected, LLC have a big supposedly Kommunity Konversation about $1,000,000 with the circle of chairs, with kindergarten colored stars and name tags. Didn't they say who a person could or could not sit with? Like don't sit with your wife or husband, don't sit with your friend, etc? Didn't they basically say don't talk about anything but what we tell you to talk about?

Isn't that where the list on page one of this thread came from? Talk of a YMCA, indoor swimming pool, centralized government, talk of daycare.

Aww! Let me quote it from page one of this thread, please.

Quote from: Ross on April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Save the 1 st million for the future as a cushion - l(Idea's)
Bank 1st million - 2 (Big Idea's)

1 st million in bank - 3 (Top 3 idea's)
Matching Funds -1 (Idea's)  

There you have it, the only sensible idea on the whole list.

But up pops the possibility of several hundred thousand dollars and here comes the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC with another Kommunity Konversation but this time it is about daycare, right?

Isn't that on the bucket list on page one of this thread?

I was just curious after reading post #3635 on March 26 where Ross asked whether Elk Konnected would be using windfarm money to build a YMCA on Highways 160 & 99, complete with a daycare center equipt for twins.  

You finally got that right. I asked a question. But I never got an answer out of you did I?
What's there to discuss? Is there daycare or isn't there daycare in Elk County? How many daycare do you need in Elk County? Does daycare need to be subsidized by taxpayers?

Doesn't that leave it open to a possibility? The use of wind farm taxpayers dollars?
Possibly a "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" program?

And to quote:
Quote from: Catwoman on March 28, 2012, 04:27:59 AM
Elk County has some great daycare providers already...That's why a standard, stand-alone daycare hasn't been started up to now in Elk County.  

So wouldn't any action by Elk Konnected, LLC to facilitate by having a Community Conversation a standard, stand-alone daycare be detrimental to the economy of Elk County by putting the great daycare providers all ready in business --- out of business?

Wouldn't you be depriving them of their family income, something everyone needs during these economically stressed times?

Good Job?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk