Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Quote from: Ross on September 30, 2011, 07:42:36 PM
Here is something interesting from Elk Konnected: http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/news.php
Elk Konnected
Success Stories

Elk County provide ideas on how to use wind dollars

Better roads and local tax relief are top suggestions

By Rudy Taylor
PRAIRIE STAR

While no specific recommendations were determined, Woodbury was able to make several conclusions from the groups which were composed of eight to ten in each circle.

Local YMCA, YWCA
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opinions:
Since no specific recommendations were determined, Where did the list on page one of this thread come from  ?????
Was that list  produced by Mr. Woodbury of Public Squares Communities of Leoti, Kansas in Wichita County, which is 338 mi, 5 hours 56 mins west of our County Seat, are these his ideas ???????
Who made the list???? Doesn't this sound like one big snow job to you ?????
And here on Public Squares Communities, a web page for Elk Konnected, a YMCA is suggested along with a lot of other ideas, that appnear to be put together by a very small group of people and I would like for them to answer, who are you ?????

Do you have any idea what it would cost to build a YMCA ?????
Do you have any idea what the annual franchise fees would be ?????

On top of that, think why did Elk konnected shut down their only business ?????
Perhaps they would not accept negative feed back, what do you think ????$
Did they do a feasability study ?????? Did they think people could afford to pay to exercise ?????
Are there enough people in Elk County to support what was basically a fitnes center ?????
Do they think there is a celarge enough population in Elk County to support a YMCA ?????
Do they realize we have about 1/4 the population of Independence, Kansas ??????
Does Independence have a YMCA ?????? Think about it.

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

No I did not copy and paste the whole page but you can read it at http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/news.php
But please read carefully.
Ross, in my opinion this post above is way beyond the unibomber's manifesto. I don't know how serious you are with the posts on this topic or what your true motives are. I hope this is not your manifesto before we read about you in the news.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 08:04:16 PM
Patriot, be careful how you post my quotes. When you edit  them so much that they do not represent the original meaning you are on thin ice.  I grew up in a family of lawyers, lived with lawyers, and have many lawyer friends.

Davie, is that a threat.  It sure reads like a threat.  Like a New York threat.  I suppose you are also threatening the forum owners too since their software allows for such edits, no?  Don't threaten me david.  I thought the EK that you so virulently defend was all about positives.   

Rather than toss loose threats about, why not provide some factual  information of our own about EK or some valid refutation of information provided by others. 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 08:25:51 PM
Ross, in my opinion this post above is way beyond the unibomber's manifesto. I don't know how serious you are with the posts on this topic or what your true motives are. I hope this is not your manifesto before we read about you in the news.

More subliminal threats.  And from one I opine is another poor student of Alinsky and the Alinsky Method (Delphi).  "Isolate the opposition and minimize"  It won't work, soddy.  The only things that will work are factual, verifiable answers.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on September 30, 2011, 08:33:45 PM
Davie, is that a threat.  It sure reads like a threat.  Like a New York threat.  I suppose you are also threatening the forum owners too since their software allows for such edits, no?  Don't threaten me david.  I thought the EK that you so virulently defend was all about positives.   

Rather than toss loose threats about, why not provide some factual  information of our own about EK or some valid refutation of information provided by others. 

Patriot, I would never sue the forum owners. Just because the software allows you to make those edits\statements doesn't mean it is legal. I am not Elk Konnected. No, not a threat. I just think you and Ross are skating close to a defamation suit if EK had the will. Like I said I have no say and am not a lawyer.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ross

Elk Konnected denys membership right ?????

So you would tell me this is a typographical error, right ???
http://www.taylornews.org/pst/2010/03/16/elk-konnected-update-set-for-tuesday/

Elk Konnected update set for Tuesday

The Elk Konnected Steering Committee, along with the five Elk Konnected Action Teams, is planning a dual purpose "Community Update and Community Conversation" to highlight the  achievements of each team and collect new data for future project areas.

The public is encouraged to attend the meeting which will be held Tuesday, March 23, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the commons area of the West Elk High School.  A light soup supper and free child care will be provided.

Please join Elk Konnected for an evening of positive conversation as they lay the groundwork for future activity in this area.  The previous Community Conversation, held in the Elk Valley School commons area included nearly 125 people with great ideas.  They hope to repeat that success.

Elk Konnected members urged everyone to: "Stay With us As We Grow."

March 16, 2010 ยท Posted in Uncategorized   

So who are the Elk Konnected members ???

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 08:45:01 PM
No, not a threat.

Sure sounded like a threat.

I just think you and Ross are skating close to a defamation suit if EK had the will.

What is this obsession you have with skating... and ice?  We covered defamation issues way back in this thread.  Why don't you take a few weeks and review.   :)

Like I said I have no say and am not a lawyer.

Again, the operative words behind your threats

What did EK do with tat $31000+ they got from the ECCEF?  Did they combine it with the $19,900 equipment money they got from another group for use in the wellness center project?

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on September 30, 2011, 09:03:26 PM
Sure sounded like a threat.

What is this obsession you have with skating... and ice?  We covered defamation issues way back in this thread.  Why don't you take a few weeks and review.   :)

Again, the operative words behind your threats

What did EK do with tat $31000+ they got from the ECCEF?  Did they combine it with the $19,900 equipment money they got from another group for use in the wellness center project?

Explain to me how any money\assets a private organization\entity recieved from ECCEF is your business. It was taxpayers money when the Kansas gov gave it to ECCEF. When Eccef gave it to EK it was none of your business. The rent the Wellness center paid was to SeeKan if I am not mistaken. That means they paid the government rent.  If you have problems with grants, farm subsidies, welfare, foodstamps, the fact Kansas recieves more federal money than they pay in, vote properly to fix it.There are 14 non profit charities in Howard alone that are organized under the same lasws as Eccef. They get grants, fed funds, donations etc.

Look them up:

VFW
Many 4h and FFA units
Rotary
Shriners
Church organizations

Elk Konnected is not receiving funds any differently than 14 other organizations in elk county,

David

Ross

http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/aboutus.php

With a county population of only 3000, one tiny town spends time and energy wanting to pull out of the county wide trash service.

Isn't that a negative Elk Konnected started out on ????? Liz said during a County commissioners meeting they didn't mean to be dissing Elk Falls, her words. They can be negative but you better be positive, right ????

The nine member steering committee set off to raise the $3000 seed money - $50 at a time. We felt this amount was not going to break an individual and would encourage us to talk about "Elk Konnected" with more citizens. We spent time at a steering committee meeting discussing who would contact whom. And WE DID IT! We had 74 investors and raised $4250 by the end of July.

Would you look at that 74 investors in Elk Konnected, LLC ? Don't investors usually want a return on their money ?????

Just something to think about.

Good Night All  

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 08:25:51 PM
David

David it's time for you to go home now,
I hear your mommy calling, you know she
doesn't like you play ing with the big boys.

Character assassination, who's got character ?????

What's your true motive? Talking about something you know nothing about?

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 09:29:32 PM
Explain.....

Quack. Waddle. Fly.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to reiterate the facts surrounding EK and their relationships with Elk County government and Elk County School districts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk