Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on July 20, 2011, 08:47:18 PM
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I seen ya around for a long long time
I remember when things without you were fine

Whoops...I did it again...Being a lemming, helping to create yet more senseless pages on this thread... :o ::)  I'll go quietly now... ;D

No don't go, ya know you're loved here.

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on July 20, 2011, 09:12:29 PM
Then after checking their list to se who wanted to address the School board and found no signatures
they had an open session for the public to speak.

It was a real plesant meeting even though I left before the meeting ended,
I knew the people were going to remain civil. And no sheriff around.
Amazing, just amazing. A real Community Conversation.

Outstanding and refreshing.  So Elk county citizens can function without being told where and with whom to sit, and can engage in a public dialogue and exchange of information without post-it notes and professional facilitators.  Elected officials and average citizens interacting directly on local issues.  Fantastic!  Thanks for the info.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Ross on July 20, 2011, 09:12:29 PM
I went to a meeting tonight and guess what, no one called for the Sheriff.

I'm just guessing that someone just didn't notify that office about that meeting. Just my opinion.

kshillbillys

It was a school board meeting. The only reason any deputies should have been there was to listen to what was going on for the future of their children. Even when the collective parents were fighting USD 283 about their choice of teachers over the past year, law enforcement was never called. Didn't need to call them because it was a civil atmosphere and they allowed us all to speak our minds without any confrontations or violence, etc. And they actually listened to what we all had to say. They listened to both sides. But that's just how we roll in good ole Longton, KS.

P.S. We were right about that subject that finally got corrected. I bet we are right on other subjects that Patriot and Ross have brought to light. Just my opinion, with facts....
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on July 21, 2011, 07:10:38 AM
Wish there was something more we could do to help get more dollars into the local schools!!

Stop wishing.  There is something you can do.  You write em a check.  I'm sure they will take it.  

'Mo Money' isn't always the answer.  However, given the mill levy comparisons, the Elk Valley district may well be an exception.  For others, maybe better allocation of what they already get would be a better choice.  Re-allocations like less administrative costs (do small school system superintendents really need to be paid six figures + benefits) and better pay to keep quality teachers.... based on performance, perhaps.

Of course, we haven't yet addressed the questions surrounding Elk Konnected LLCs involvement in the West Elk school district.  But, not to worry, those questions are coming.  We haven't yet gotten any factual answers to all the other questions asked in this thread.  First things first. 

No opinion... just facts.  Stay connected, citizens.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Does the potential mil increase have to go to referendum?

Varmit

Quote from: Catwoman on July 20, 2011, 10:45:42 AM
Mrs. C, Lisa, Diane, Wilma, Janet, Flint, Jefe, Ready, Larry and anyone other comparitively sane, moderate, civil individual...The only way to kill this thread...And eliminate all this falteral...Is if we quit posting on this and just go away to enjoy the other boards/threads where these two to three individuals aren't allowed to absolutely dominate in the manner they're been allowed to here.  These yahoos keep posting the same thing, over and over and over again.  They're just burning rubber off of tires that lost their treads many pages ago.     

if anyone wanted to kill this thread all they have to do is answer those few simple questions with direct answers. frankly to me it seems thateven those on here associated with elk konnected don't know the answers, or are afraid to give them.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 20, 2011, 09:44:42 PM
I'm just guessing that someone just didn't notify that office about that meeting. Just my opinion.

Is it a necessity to have sheriff deputies at meetings?

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on July 21, 2011, 07:10:38 AM
So, what else was discussed? Just wondering. Are they going to increase the mill levy? Just wondering again. Please do tell! I'm interested in all the local schools, I hate what the state budget has done to education. Wish there was something more we could do to help get more dollars into the local schools!!

It was just a conversation, nothing more.
It was an open meeting to the public.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Ross on July 21, 2011, 04:55:35 PM
Is it a necessity to have sheriff deputies at meetings?

I don't know, Ross. Why were they at the Elk Konnected meeting where that guy called for the sheriff because of something you alledgely did or said? Was the sheriff at that meeting to participate in the circle of chairs conversation or was the sheriff there because the "leaders" asked that office to be there, in case there was trouble? When I say sheriff, I am meaning that office. This is not a dig at the sheriff. Were the "leaders" expecting trouble at the circle of chairs meeting? Of course, there will be no answers because we don't know who Elk Konnected is or who the "leaders" are.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk