Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on July 02, 2011, 12:52:27 PM
Ross, so now you are against rich kids, too.  What do you want us to do.  Take it from the rich and give to the poor?
Did I say anything that was deragatory about rich kids?
Did I say anything about taking anything from anybody?
Wow, talk about twisting words. Now that's atrocious!

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

Diane Amberg

Some scholarships are based on financial need and may be full or partial. Some are academic scholarships and are based on academic achievement and again, may be full or partial. Some are "prizes" that are achievement awards. The one I won wasn't huge, just $100.00 but in 1962, that paid for the textbooks for my entire freshman year.
BUT, I do agree that not everyone HAS to go to college. It really depends on what one wants to do. College can also help kids figure out what they want to do in life if they aren't yet sure. I still think more than high school is good for most, whether it's some business courses, certificate courses, art school, mechanically courses or whatever.  There are some things high school classes do just skim over and in depth study comes later, aside from the AP courses.
 I also think apprenticeship programs are great and a very good fit for some. Kids who go into the family business may or may not need more school, it depends on what the family business is. Do I know college kids who end up at Mickey D's? Sure, but usually not for long. Some are just marking time until they start their masters degree or are going into a restaurant management program. One of my good friends, who retired from Mc D's last winter, was the Mc Donald's community program director...made an excellent salary. She coordinated Ronald's visits, made arrangements for the things they sponsored, like our Safety Town camp, made arrangements for free cheeseburger coupons for the fire fighters' kids at Christmas and so on. There is more than just flipping burgers....which I don't eat. I love the egg Mc Muffins and salads, that's it.

2guns

Quote from: Ross on July 02, 2011, 12:50:28 PM
What scholarship does Elk Konnected have? That another new one?
That's like Elk Konnected helping people start business that came out yesterday.
Do they suddenly have a magic wand? Just wondering? Can I see the magic wand?

Scholarship, I thought scholarships were for kids to go to college. So what poor kid misses out on a scholarship?
My e-mail from Kansas Department of Commerce.
I copied and pasted from my e-mail program the following.
Is that the $3000 form the 60+ that donated?
Where is the transparency, what are they hiding.

Ross,

I found out that our agency provided a one-time $3,000 "scholarship" to Elk Konnected in September of 2008.

You type so much rubbish B.S. you cant even remember it all..

Ross

Quote from: 2guns on July 02, 2011, 01:23:31 PM
Quote from: Ross on July 02, 2011, 12:50:28 PM
What scholarship does Elk Konnected have? That another new one?
That's like Elk Konnected helping people start business that came out yesterday.
Do they suddenly have a magic wand? Just wondering? Can I see the magic wand?

Scholarship, I thought scholarships were for kids to go to college. So what poor kid misses out on a scholarship?
My e-mail from Kansas Department of Commerce.
I copied and pasted from my e-mail program the following.
Is that the $3000 form the 60+ that donated?
Where is the transparency, what are they hiding.

Ross,
I found out that our agency provided a one-time $3,000 "scholarship" to Elk Konnected in September of 2008.
size]

You took that out of context I believe. That was a school grant from the Kansas Dept. of Commerce.
And if I remember right that money was paid directly to Public Squares Communities, LLC according to one County Commissioner at the County Commissioners meeting. If I recall right she said Elk konnected never saw a bit of that money.
So who is typing the rubbish B.S., now.
Your Agency, so what agency are you with?

Patriot

Quote from: 2guns on July 02, 2011, 01:23:31 PM
Ross,

2guns,

So we can assume from that statement that you are claiming a direct association with the Kansas Department of Commerce?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Patriot I think 3guns is shooting with blanks and plenty of B. S.
just trying to confuse matters a diversion. He has nothing of substance to
add to this forum. Let's be kind to him.

Elk Konnected.

2guns

I'm not with any agency, it was copied from an earlier post from Rossco.

2guns

Quote from: Ross on July 02, 2011, 04:10:46 PM
Patriot I think 3guns is shooting with blanks and plenty of B. S.
just trying to confuse matters a diversion. He has nothing of substance to
add to this forum. Let's be kind to him.

Elk Konnected.

Any common person could confuse your matter without shooting blanks...bless your heart

srkruzich

Quote from: 2guns on July 02, 2011, 06:18:15 PM
Any common person could confuse your matter without shooting blanks...bless your heart

Doesn't common = average??  Average is mediocrity. Just getting by.  No effort whatsoever to advance to the degree of uncommon.   So i would say, common person  not being able to understand is a true statement. THey haven't exercised their brain enough to move into uncommon territory.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

QuoteDoesn't common = average??

uh steve in the context of this forum...maybe...maybe not.

We call ourselves 'common' folk.  And yet, we have a tendency to act and actually think.
Please don't confuse common with average.  I can give you several examples that common is above average...not only in intelligence, but in ethics.

however....If Elk Konnected is trying to jump onto the tailcoats of the locals, then they are sailing away!

And, exactly who are the founders of this great Konnected Kommunity?
ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk