Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 01, 2011, 04:07:10 PM
     Ross. You need to get out more. Talk to people in person. ::)
I talk to people in person but I'd prefer that the people that are admtted members or owners of
Elk Konnected, not the followers came out into the open and have a real conversation with the general public of Elk County.
What is their problem with that? Do you know who they are?
We know they are watching this forum, so wy don't they communicate?
Or is it they only want the glory of being in the newspaper?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 01, 2011, 03:55:40 PM
      Talk to Jennifer Brummel. I believe she can help you obtain a counselor for starting a business as well as any financial assistance available to start a business. More help than you would get from the SBA.

Since I failed to quote you on your monopoly statement before you modified it , I guess I was wrong . Why do you have such a problem contacting the people in Elk Konnected? I don't.
I'm sorry, you are very wrong. I never used the word monopoly, never gave it a thought. Perhaps you read someone else's post.

I thought Jennifer Brummel worked for Elk County. Counseling can be obtained from the State Government, so I would assume she would simply give out that information. So how would that be Elk Konnected helping business get started. I really didn't think you knew what you were saying about Elk Konnected helping get business started.

I am not interested in speaking with the followers but the owners or admitted members. And that is not to say the followers are not goood people but to say they really don't know what is happening behind closed doors. Just like your statement that Elk Konnected is about trying to help people start business. That my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Elk Konnected.

Who really runs the show?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

kshillbillys

Ross---I would contact the Kansas Small Business Development Center if I had questions on how to start a business or keeping it afloat. I'm sure they are better qualified than EK too!! Here's some of their services...Jen

Free, confi dential, one-on-one consulting provides our clients with
practical solutions to business problems. Our clients utilize numerous
resources and seek guidance in areas like:
• Business plan assistance
• Financial projection development
• Cash fl ow analysis
• Marketing plan & marketing research development
• Capital & fi nancing resources
• Inventory control procedures
• Product cost analysis and pricing
• Advertising & sales strategies
• Selling to the government/procurement
• Startup assistance
• Buying or selling a business/transition planning
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on July 01, 2011, 07:21:28 PM
Ross---I would contact the Kansas Small Business Development Center if I had questions on how to start a business or keeping it afloat. I'm sure they are better qualified than EK too!! Here's some of their services...Jen
l
That is exactly what I was referring to. And if Ms. Brummel is doing the job of Economic Development Employee for Elk County, I just don't see how she can be doing it for Elk Kponnected. That would surely be a conflict of interest.
That's why I said Jefe de vaca didn't know what he was talking about.

I wonder what else our Elk County Economic Development Employee is doing for Elk County to improve things in the county?

Elk Konnected.

Take me to your leader?

Ross

I keep reading more and more bout college and how it is such a big waste of money for most kids, especially these days.
So I wonder how a scholarship helps a kid when it appears to put them off on the wrong foot starting out in debt. A debt they probably will have a very difficult time repaying.

Here is just one person talking about College:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-stossel-college-a-scam-for-many-and-%e2%80%98often-not-worth-the-investment%e2%80%99/

Google college tuitions and see what you can find

Jane

I would say this subject  on Elk Connect has beat to death. When it comes to a point you just keep asking the same questions over and over again it is time to give it a rest.  As far as college it is only good if you use it for what you went to school for. I have people in my family that have degrees that would make them well to do. But they work in blue collar jobs still paying for the education they received. So it is all in what you want to do.

Wilma

And you are guaranteed the right to do that. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Jane on July 02, 2011, 07:32:08 AM
I would say this subject  on Elk Connect has beat to death. When it comes to a point you just keep asking the same questions over and over again it is time to give it a rest.  As far as college it is only good if you use it for what you went to school for. I have people in my family that have degrees that would make them well to do. But they work in blue collar jobs still paying for the education they received. So it is all in what you want to do.

I've found that its all in what you prepare for.  IF you go to college for lets say a History or sociology degree, Your going to find very limited employment.  Chances are you'll never work in the field you trained for.  But if you go for lets say Database Administration in IT field, your going to find yourself employed with no trouble at all and making a very good living.  The best fields today to prepare for and I Suspect for the next 10 -20 years will be IT industry, in database administration as well as system and network administration, and your going to find the Nursing field lucrative as well as Med techs.  That is if obamacare doesn't kill it. 

Manufacturing jobs were gone 25 years ago. That was inevitable.  STarted with the textile mills.  We moved from a industrial society to a information and service society.  Now we are in that age, and will continue to be in that era until something new comes along.   IF things collapse, your going to find your income genertators will be cottage industries.  Firearms is one such industry that will be lucrative.   Repair, maint, even manufacturing them and parts for them will be a nice business. 

Another will be welding, metal fabrication.  Another will be wood shops. Shoot i can forsee the day when whiskey cigarettes, and sugar will be currency.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Quote from: Jane on July 02, 2011, 07:32:08 AM
I would say this subject  on Elk Connect has beat to death. When it comes to a point you just keep asking the same questions over and over again it is time to give it a rest.
Well that's just great that you feel it's been beat to death. But hang around for the nest 180 pages.
And read the same questiions again and again or as long as Teresa permits  it. Okay.
When do the owners or registered members come out of the wood work with some answers?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run, Elk Konnected.

Who is your Leader/Puppet Master?
Not who are the followers/volunters though it seems there are few of them.

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on July 02, 2011, 07:50:03 AM
I've found that its all in what you prepare for.  IF you go to college for lets say a History or sociology degree, Your going to find very limited employment.  Chances are you'll never work in the field you trained for.  But if you go for lets say Database Administration in IT field, your going to find yourself employed with no trouble at all and making a very good living.  The best fields today to prepare for and I Suspect for the next 10 -20 years will be IT industry, in database administration as well as system and network administration, and your going to find the Nursing field lucrative as well as Med techs.  That is if obamacare doesn't kill it. 

Manufacturing jobs were gone 25 years ago. That was inevitable.  STarted with the textile mills.  We moved from a industrial society to a information and service society.  Now we are in that age, and will continue to be in that era until something new comes along.   IF things collapse, your going to find your income genertators will be cottage industries.  Firearms is one such industry that will be lucrative.   Repair, maint, even manufacturing them and parts for them will be a nice business. 

Another will be welding, metal fabrication.  Another will be wood shops. Shoot i can forsee the day when whiskey cigarettes, and sugar will be currency.
You got that right. Very well put.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk