Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 29, 2011, 04:21:03 PM
...This is the typical camp with swimming ,arts ,crafts, music, sports etc.  Then there are a bunch of specialty camps for soccer ,art ,drama, etc at similar rates. We've got 33 parks inside the city limits encompassing 450 acres. A few of the camps are held just outside town at Iron Hill museum. It has local Indian culture, mineral, fossil and animal displays. You can figure out if these are comparable to yours if you wish.

Shhhhh!  You'll have our kids wanting to leave here when they graduate 6th grade rather than waiting till 12th grade.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: the shadow on June 29, 2011, 03:53:52 PM
...Yes, please do tell, who is keeping the books? I do hope it is someone with a degree in accounting and not just some flunkie skimming money wherever they feel like it!

As I understand it, that county grant money comes to the county in the form of a check or vwire transfer, where it is lumped into the general fund account.  Itemized accounting?  What's that?  Of course expenditures are authorized at each commission meeting.  Maybe those expenses could be published each week in the paper with the meeting minutes.  Naaaa, that make it too easy for citizens to review.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on June 29, 2011, 04:30:43 PM
As I understand it, that county grant money comes to the county in the form of a check or vwire transfer, where it is lumped into the general fund account.  Itemized accounting?  What's that?  Of course expenditures are authorized at each commission meeting.  Maybe those expenses could be published each week in the paper with the meeting minutes.  Naaaa, that make it too easy for citizens to review.

I was reading that article redcliff posted by ollie, and if he's correct which he usually is, They had better start budgeting and conserving what they get if the US defaults.  When that happens and it will, there won't be anymore grants.  Hell we'll be lucky if we can afford to buy a loaf of bread.  IF you remember the wienmar repubilic, they were wheeling in wheel barrow loads of money to buy bread.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 29, 2011, 04:43:50 PM
So who would pay to have all that published?

Take it out of grant money.  It would be a justifiable expense
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Why are you complaining about something that is providing work for some teenagers and recreation for some children?  Besides the benefits of the two age groups interacting?  Maybe it sounds like a lot, but if it is available, why not use it?  And if you want to complain about it being tax money, then complain to the people that put these grants together.  Someone is making them available.  Elk County is just taking advantage of it and using it for the benefit of Elk County youth.

Catwoman

Uh oh...Step carefully, Wilma...That sounds suspiciously like good old-fashioned common sense. 

Wilma

Not much of that going around sometimes, is there?

Lookatmeknow!!

I have done daycare for 6 years now in Howard, and when I opened up everyone was like there are all kinds of grants out there to help buy different things. Checked into it, and you know what, there wasn't any!!! Oh, well!! Just worked harder and spent one fourth of July selling fireworks and worked an auction to buy the swing set that I have at the daycare now.

As for the day camp, only my middle child could go here in Howard as one is to old and other to young. But she really enjoyed it. She is only 8 and is not old enough to go many other camps, so I think it's a good thing for them to get to go to a day camp.

So, Ross any news yet???
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 29, 2011, 05:16:29 PM
Why are you complaining about something that is providing work for some teenagers and recreation for some children?  Besides the benefits of the two age groups interacting?  Maybe it sounds like a lot, but if it is available, why not use it?  And if you want to complain about it being tax money, then complain to the people that put these grants together.  Someone is making them available.  Elk County is just taking advantage of it and using it for the benefit of Elk County youth.
I think you used the key word, "some".
I feel the money could be better used to provide for all children not just some. And it would be there for them all year long for their use.
As I stated earlier Elk Konnected says use money for something more permanent, something that lasts remember?
I heard them tell some ladies that at the swinging bridge cafe one day.
Play grounds in all communities could be improved for all children rather than doing for a few.
And it would be there for them all year long for their use. Oh, I said that earlier didn't I.

Page 1 of this thread:
Divide equally to all communities - 3 (Top 3 idea's)
Improving parks - community centers - 1 (Idea's)

But of course that would mean less headlines in the newspaper, wouldn't it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk