Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

I have some good news for the taxpayers and voters of the West Elk USD-282 area.

I have obtained the required number of signatures for the Opposition Petition plus 20% more than required.

I will most likely turn the petition over to the Elk County Clerk for her handling on Monday.

If all goes well the School Board will not be able to raise our property taxes automatically by 8 mills.

They will be required to bring the 8 mill increase to the voters.

After all they are elected by the people and should respect the people with coming to the people for such a
dramatic property tax increase instead of using such a sneaky of acquiring such a large property
tax increase.

I am full well aware that many schools across Kansas are having their State Aid cut, however, West Elk USD-282  is not one of those schools.    In fact West Elk is gaining $10,000.00 more than last year.

My sincerest "THANK YOU" to all those that graciously signed the petition, this could not happen with out you.

It is my sincerest desire that the School Board recognize and respect who they work for.

That would be all of the property owners and taxpayers and voters. Not for themselves only or for only a few property owners and taxpayers.

redcliffsw

Since when will a school board ever recognize and respect who they work for?  Who do they work for? 

The school board is not to defend the defend the liberty the people, they're there to take from the people to indoctrinate their kids.

Diane Amberg

So what's ''taking to the voters" going to cost?
From what budget will the $ come?  What rules govern the advertising in the paper and the publicity. What about absentee ballots?
When would the voting be in relation to the formation of the budget?
What is a win? A simple majority?
If the referendum fails, how long do they have to redo the budget and figure out what has to be cut and rearranged? How much will it cost to redo the tax bills?
I know how it works here, just interested in how it works there.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 30, 2015, 08:37:07 AM

So what's ''taking to the voters" going to cost?

No more than any other time that something from the West Elk School Board brings somethig to the voters.
It is up to the School Board to determine if their desires are worth bringing to the taxpayers. It is also up to them to decide to pay for a special election or to save money and wait for the 2016 regular election  in order to save money.

The whole point thought is for the School Board to recognize who they work for and who they are hurting all in the name of sports and not money spent on actual education. Which means money into the classroom. Is this to difficult to understand?

From what budget will the $ come?

The same source as last year and in fact they are receiving an extra $10, 000.00 from State Aid.
Didn't you comprehend that in my previous post?

Lots of schools in Kansas are loosing some percentage of their State Aid but West Elk USD-282 is not one of them. West Elk just has a problem, an addiction to raising property taxes and wasting money. They have adopted the attitude of the Federal Government. Remember Hillary lost 6 Billion Dollars, that is ^Billion Dollars wasted. And the Federal Government doesn't apparently believe in a balanced budget and living with it. So they raise the Debt Ceiling. West Elk School Board is very similar, they don't appear to recognize their budget and are presently $1,100 in the red. So stated at the last School Board. "$1,100.00 in the red. And they have made it a habit to raise their Tax Ceiling, so they can have more money to waste.
And none of this has had to do with education, mostly had to do with sports.

What rules govern the advertising in the paper and the publicity. What about absentee ballots?
When would the voting be in relation to the formation of the budget?

Don't you suppose there should be a real and honest cause before worrying about this stuff?

What is a win?

Is that what you think this is about, a win?
I think it is about integrity, honesty and a Transparent School Board.

A simple majority?
If the referendum fails, how long do they have to redo the budget and figure out what has to be cut and rearranged? How much will it cost to redo the tax bills?
I know how it works here, just interested in how it works there.

What referendum are you talking about? I don't know of any referendum outstanding?
Or is it you are referring to something that may never happen?
You need to communicate a little better than this.
Why would they need to redo the tax bills, as of the moment nothing has changed, and it may not change.
If the School Board is permitted to continue with their Resolution then the tax bills will differ from last year, but they have not been printed yet. And it is an expense that happens every year any way.
So the question is simply moot.

If you sincerely want to know how things work here in Kansas the Kansas State Laws are posted on the internet and so are all the School rules, regulations and laws. So go ahead and do some studying. If you wish to use the laws to express an opinion, be understanding enough to list the law and the web site as references.

I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend, Diane.

Diane Amberg

Ok, Mr. Smart Alec, who never misses an opportunity to swat at me. (Try using spell check yourself.Also, the wrong word spelled correctly is still not right.)
   Once more you don't answer my questions, as I am apparently unworthy of your infinite wisdom. (choke)   Also, here in Delaware we don't have Labor Day until Sept.7th.
I know you want things to be "different," but..... yer slippin', Boo- Boo.
  Some people think that sports IS part of education. My high school didn't play football so I don't know what that's like.
By the way, I haven't read hardly any of your last bunch of posts, just a couple, so no, I have no idea what all you "explained." It has nothing to do with comprehension on my part.
Back to ignore until you stop being so indignant and patronizing. It doesn't become you.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 30, 2015, 10:34:33 AM
Ok, Mr. Smart Alec, who never misses an opportunity to swat at me. (Try using spell check yourself.Also, the wrong word spelled correctly is still not right.)
   Once more you don't answer my questions, as I am apparently unworthy of your infinite wisdom. (choke)   Also, here in Delaware we don't have Labor Day until Sept.7th.
I know you want things to be "different," but..... yer slippin', Boo- Boo.
  Some people think that sports IS part of education. My high school didn't play football so I don't know what that's like.
By the way, I haven't read hardly any of your last bunch of posts, just a couple, so no, I have no idea what all you "explained." It has nothing to do with comprehension on my part.
Back to ignore until you stop being so indignant and patronizing. It doesn't become you.

If you had a life in Delaware and left politics in Elk County, Kansas to Elk County, Kansas voters and instead of being a mouthpiece for someone here locally, you would not have this problem. Can't you get involved in your own community politics or did they run you off?

To think sports is part of education is one thing but to make sports the major part of Education is another, And to require a professional sports arena is way over the top. And Diane when an over abundance of money is spent on sports and little on improving education in the classroom it is not education, it is wasteful spending. And it is more about what the adults want for themselves than what is actually needed for the children. Do you know the difference between NEED and WANT?

This School District's voters and property taxpayers have spoke on several occassions by ballot and the School Board does not listen. And that is why they chose such a sneaky way of raising our property tax by 8 mill. But then again they must have heard the voters for them to go around the voters using a resolution. And I am sure they counted on nobody reading the resolution let alone put together the petition allowed for in the resolution. Guess again!

And the expense of running a special election should not happen. If it does happen it will only prove my point, that the school board does not care how they waste money.

I am certain and I am sure the School Board is certain that the voters will say another loud and resounding "NO" yet once again.

Our county government gave us a tax break and the West Elk School Board sucked it right up, plus a little more. And they were hoping no one would notice. The people in Elk County, Kansas outside of the West Elk School District were happy recipients of that tax break.

While another School District in Elk County has just reduced their property tax mill rate, the West Elk School Board continues to be greedy and waste money.

The Attitude of the School Board was very appropriately, expressed by the President of the Board at a school board meeting!  When he angrily said, he did not give a damn how mad the taxpayers got. And angrily said his children would have to grow up without having know the pleasure of playing in a brand new gymnasium. Yes it happened at a School Board meeting, but you won't read it in the minutes.

Also it was not so great a move to abuse a sincere school booster! But the School Board due to the lack of being able to communicate did just that. The board wanted a Professional Football Field and hired a highly respected local businessman to crown their football field. The man was going to do the job for only $7000.00, a price, I feel certain would have cost him a loss. The school board with out communicating with the man told him to remove his dirt from their football field, without asking what he was doing. Well folks, that dirt was to be used as fill dirt and it was to be cleaned of the rocks and roots that were in it and then covered with top soil. So yes, the man was doing the West Elk School District another big favor. The School Board ordered the removal his dirt from the field.

The school board with their lack of communication skills, then moved on, to hire a company from outside of Elk County to do the job and the cost was somewhere near $30,000.00. I'm not sure of the exact amount maybe $27,000. Now Diane, you explain the intelligence in all of this?

It is my opinion that if the School Board continues to punish the property owners and voters, they have not a drop of common sense. Only time will tell, Diane!

So now, whomever you are a mouthpiece for should understand the county population a little better.

I am far more than a Smart Alec Diane, I am a Smart Ass. Well trained, by the United States Navy for 10 years and damn proud of it.

Thank you Diane for the stimulating conversation and your never-ending support for me to continue the path I am on. Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I do realize labor day is next weekend, I caught my error about na hour later while driving down the road.
Big Freaking Deal !

Diane Amberg

Yes, Ross, for you, who never misses swatting me on any detail, it apparently IS a big freakin' deal.
I am nobody's mouth piece. (Those folks of old pay no attention to you at all now.) You know I can get in trouble with nobody's help.
You also know perfectly well I am very involved here.That's why I'm interested in what goes on there.
Please note when you made your "no big deal" mistake, I didn't write line after line of insults accusing you of having no comprehension of calendars and on and on like you do to me.
Now stop asking me stupid questions. I won't answer them.
I told you I can't relate to high school football, so I can't possible know what it costs or anything else about it. We didn't have it then. I'd have to hear a lot more than just from you.
Poof! I'm outta here. I need to start working on the kids' local Fire Prevention Contest.There is a lot to do and I'm co chair.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 31, 2015, 07:59:09 AM

I am nobody's mouth piece.

Oh  my dear Diane, have you forgot all the times you have said your friends from here keep you informed about what is happening here.

Oh yes, that makes you a mouthpiece which leads to:

(Those folks of old pay no attention to you at all now.)

Many folks of old have signed my petition. LOL
Now how would you know who is paying attention?
They all have code names, do you know who is attached to which code name?
There are a lot of people reading this and you have no idea who they are.
Check the number of hits at the top of the page after each post  to this thread and see for yourself.

You also know perfectly well I am very involved here.That's why I'm interested in what goes on there.

I have no idea what or how you are involved way up there in Delaware! And frankly I don't care to know.
If you are very involved up there you wouldn't have time to harrass people way down here in Elk County, Kansas.

What goes on here in Elk County, Kansas with a very small population and it's local politics has nothing to do with the large population of Delaware and it's local politics in Delaware unless you wish to fabricate something.

Anyway I have decided to hold my Opposition Petition and turn t in tomorrow. I have been contacted that a couple more concerned citizens want to sign it.

Oh, I have far more than enough to turn it in, but out of respect for other property owners, taxpayers, voters and concerned citizens, hence I will wait and let them sign.

Time for me to quit and get to my rat killing. LOL That is a figure of speech for getting to my work here on the farm.ranch.

Toodle oo  Diane.

proelkco

How many times have you said you were told this or that but cannot say who? So that makes you a mouth piece.

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on August 31, 2015, 05:26:24 PM
How many times have you said you were told this or that but cannot say who? So that makes you a mouth piece.

Proelkco you are absolutly correct.
Thing is I am not ashamed to admit it.
And everytime it was information I felt constructive to Elk County citizens.
The truth hurts doesn't it?

Thanks for the honorable recognition, i really appreaciate the booster attitude.

It is always my pleasure to aid the citizens of Elk County with their Quality of Life.

That is a lot more than the Elk Konnected organization has ever done!
They could not even define what Quality of Life meant to them.

And part of that may be preventing an un-needed and unaproved 8 mill property tax hike.
This would be something very detrimental to Elk County and it's citizens in my opinion.

If it is brought to the voters by the school board it will only show their lack of concern for the citizens and voters and lack of concern about wasting taxpayer money.

Isn't it time the School Board learned and understood what the purpose of a budget is?
Shouldn't they consider the budget before over spending, They are only $1,100.00 in the red according to what was said at the last school board meeting. That's not to bad, but it still isn't good business is it?
It's a good thing they are getting an additional $10 grand over and above last years State,l Aid, they won;t feel the pain of their blunder, will they?

Why do you reckon they used the end play aroung the voters?
Would it be perhaps that they know the voters would say no?

It's always a pleasure to hear from you Proelkco.
Lets keep that pro stuff going shall we?
I'm Pro Elk County also.

Not so much Pro Private Organizations though.
Just being honest.

I really hope you are having a great evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk