Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

People seem to be concerned about School Shooting even though all the School Shootings have happened in major metropolitan areas. That's not to say there is not a possibility that a school shooting could not happen out here in the middle of no where. But in my opinion very unlikely.

There is, in the plans of building a new grade school as extensions to West Elk to include security using cameras and powered locking doors and building a new office at the front door. To me they are simply using that as an excuse to protect the children from something that may never happen. So they can acquire their Professional Sports Complex. What are the odds of a shooting at West Elk?

With all the School Buses the School runs, and all the miles they accumulate, what are the odds of having an accident on the highways of Elk County?

The School Board had a camera and an electrically lock installed at the front door of the Moline Grade School.
I can't tell you exactly how many times I walked through that door without being buzzed in and walked straight to the office and no one there. Not very good security in my books.

It appears they are using security only as a cause to get another gymnasium. For instance what has the School Board done to address Bullying? My bet is that bullying is the major cause of school shootings and suicides. Do they discuss this security issue? They had a school girl ask on one of their studies why, when bullying is reported to a teacher that nothing is done. There never was a proper answer was there?

Is safety and security of our school children really of any importance to the School Board?

The School Superintendent and the School Bus Employee were going to go to the County Commissioners to beg for financial aid to keep the School Buses running. Yet they can provide bus transportation for the Booster Club to attend out of town games? Why?

Security and safety for the children, really?

While they are busy spending thousands on sports and concentrating on sports, the children's safety goes unattended.

Every child is required by law to wear seat belts in every vehicle, except School Buses! Does that mean we can not protect our children?

Our children face the real danger and possibility of an accident, every day when riding in a School Bus,
but they lack the safety that a seat belt provides. 
Why?
Isn't their safety important while riding down the highway in a School Bus at 55 and 65 miles per hour?

I suppose a Sport Complex and a Taj Mahal has priority over the safety of our children.
What do you think?

Should we go $6.1 million in debt because some un-named individual wants a Taj Mahal  and a Sport Complex?

And how could they care less about the children's safety on the School Buses ?

And they want to provide School Buses for transportation to out of town games for the Boosters Club (whoever they are). Oh, gotta pay that bus driver too!

What should the School Boards priorities be?
Should they be education?
Should they be reasonable safety?
Or should their priorities be a Taj Mahal and a Professional Sport Complex?

It seems to me that Konnections for the children are all wrong, what do you think?

Keep telling them what their priorities should be:

And please remember you have the POWER of the VOTE. When this comes about encourage your friends to vote as well.

Be SMART, be SENSIBLE, be FRUGAL, re-open the Moline Grade School and save millions and problems solved.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just Tell The Elite " NO " [/quote]

Ross

Wade Gilley: Next financial crisis developing on campuses

Jan. 05, 2014 @ 12:00 AM

America has faced several crises recently, but the greatest yet to come could be just around the corner. This will be the financial crisis of our colleges and universities, which will shake the nation.

It is common knowledge that the outstanding debt incurred by current and former college students exceeds $1 trillion dollars, and it is growing exponentially. A recent Wall Street Journal column by Dave Girouard, former CEO of Google Enterprises, referred to the trillion-dollar debt and reported that one-third of this debt is in default.

If present trends continue, by 2020, the outstanding debt of current and former college students will exceed $2 trillion, or half of all consumer debt in the nation. If Americans can learn to curb their non-essential spending habits, then the college student debt could be two-thirds of all consumer debt and place a stranglehold on the American economy.

As this danger looms, Moody's has issued two serious warnings to our institutions of higher education regarding excessive non-academic spending and a strong warning about exorbitant spending on athletics. Much of the spending on athletics comes from student fees in most institutions, which in many cases borrowed money. The spending is driven by competition for more expensive and elaborate athletic facilities and higher salaries of coaches (like presidents and others), which have increased more than 30 percent per year in the last 10 years at a time when most institutions have lost money -- and lots of it -- on athletics.

Read the whole story at: http://www.herald-dispatch.com/opinions/x780154867/Wade-Gilley-Next-financial-crisis-developing-on-campuses

Ross

I received an e-mail this morning with an e-mail planted right in the middle of it. It seems we are not the only School District with a runaway School Board only bent on spending the taxpayers money in the same wasteful fashion as the Federal Government.

Well, before I posted the e-mail on this forum, I e-mailed the author of the e-mail for his consent to do so.
Here it is highlighted in blue:

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 12:07 PM, T Whiz <tonythegreat@swko.net> wrote:

Yeppers, scary the thought on government growth. The last time I ran for office was for USD 480 School Board. One of the things I ran on was getting the Federal government out of our classrooms and further cutting costs by not adhering to Federal programs that provide grant money for only a limited time as well as take up space in our schools by occupying classrooms with migrant programs, pre school (essentially free day care), etc. I did pretty good but didn't win. I think many thought I was too radical, or just some dumb redneck because I don't own half the town and I speak with a Southern accent. (LOL) Now we have a school board that wants this town of about 21,000 people (many of whom live below the poverty level) to tear down perfectly good old schools instead of adding on, and then build entirely new ones at the astounding cost of $140,000,000.00+. Would you believe that now (after the fact) I get comments like - "I wish you had gotten on the board," and "you ought to run again"? At this point I don't think I'd run again if they paid me. I just hope their crazy bond issue fails.

These people will complain about the conduct and spending of the Federal Government, then they do the same thing on the local level!

Sincerely, Tony

Thank You Tony for permission to use your e-mail.
Tony Rednecks are not dumb, they are determined and get things done. Be proud to be a redneck.

It's a crying shame to put someone down partly because of their accent, but I have heard the little girly giggles at our very own School Board meetings. Our school Board appears to lack the leadership to speak up and put a stop to it. What a shame, what a shame!

Ross

Don't ya reckon our School Board should be concentrating on Education as they are on Sports and Building a school that is not needed? This may be a case that should be followed! What is to keep the next case from going after a school district or a school board?

California Students Sue State Over
Ineffective Teachers

By Mary C. Tillotson  / Watchdog.org /   January 6, 2014 

California's laws surrounding teacher tenure, dismissal, and layoffs violate the state's constitution — specifically, students' right to an equal opportunity to access quality education — say nine students suing the state. The trial is set to begin Jan. 27.

If they win, the effects could ripple across the country.

EFFECTIVE: California students are suing the state, hoping to have more effective teachers in the classroom.

"I think any time that you see a genuine reform in California, you empower reformers everywhere in the country who realize if you can actually fix something like that in California, you can fix it anywhere," said Ed Ring, executive director of the California Public Policy Center.

Plaintiffs argue that minority and poor students are most in need of effective teachers and least likely, in California, to be taught by them.

"Research has shown that inside the school building, nothing matters more than the quality of the teachers," said Sandi Jacobs, vice president for National Council on Teacher Quality. "An effective teacher and a highly effective teacher make a really significant difference in the trajectory of their students, and the same is true in the negative capacity for an ineffective teacher."

Other factors, like parents' level of education, are also correlated with student performance, but as far as factors schools can control, teacher quality matters more than any other variable, she said.

"Ineffective teachers are entrenched in California's public school system," according to a press release issued by Students Matter, which is sponsoring the case. "The superintendents of many school districts affirm that their districts are beleaguered by grossly ineffective teachers and attribute the continued employment of these teachers to the challenged statutes."

California Teachers Association, a teachers union, has intervened in the lawsuit, hoping the state's laws will be upheld.

Many relatively new teachers are granted "permanent employment" status after 18 months — long before the school district can determine whether the teacher is effective, plaintiffs argue. CTA argues this is enough time to evaluate a teacher, and if it isn't being done, school officials may need more resources, said spokesman Frank Wells.

The dismissal process for ineffective teachers is long and cumbersome, preventing principals from firing ineffective teachers, plaintiffs argue.

"The principals I've known would like that power [to dismiss ineffective teachers] because they know a bad teacher when they see one, and they know a good teacher when they see one, and they're hamstrung by the rules," said Larry Sand, a retired California teacher of 24 years and president of California Teachers Empowerment Network.

The dismissal process should be streamlined, Wells said, but CTA supports using the lawmaking process, not the court system, to implement the best system. In addition, he said, ineffective teachers are quietly "counseled out" of teaching more often than they are dismissed.

When teachers are laid off, the least effective should be the first to go, plaintiffs argue, challenging the current system of laying off teachers with the least seniority.

"The Last-In, First-Out Statute requires school districts to leave grossly ineffective teachers in the classroom while laying off exceptional teachers," according to Students Matter.

Wells said rating each teacher in the district against other teachers based on effectiveness is impractical, and if schools had more resources, layoffs wouldn't be needed.

Teacher evaluations, when done right, can provide valuable insight for administrators to tailor professional development to teachers needing support in specific skills, and can help districts make good hiring decisions, Jacobs said.

For teachers who are not improving, even with professional development, administrators need the ability to dismiss them, she said.

"There's a lot of room for debate over how you determine what constitutes a failed teacher and what constitutes a successful teacher, but at the end of the day, if and when you determine a teacher is failing, you have to let them go, and you can't in California," Ring said. "In a practical sense, it's impossible."

Part of 44 in the series Educating America

http://watchdog.org/122324/california-students-sue/

Ross

So, how is the School Board going to be able to get the state to provide the 20% of their  $6.1 MILLION  for the new School Building they want to build? Read what the New York Times has to say about money for schools in Kansas!

Perhaps the School Board should concentrate more on improving Education for all the children and think less about Sports and none on spending big money on building a new school building. It's your decision, it's up to you the voter! It's up to you the citizen! Get your relatives, friends and neighbors out to vote if a Bond Issue is brought out. And remember if they do in April and are told no,  they have already said they will be back in November with a revision.

Even if the per-pupil expenditures gets increased to $4,492 from $3,838, the level previously established as suitable.  West Elk Claimed they could not afford to operate the grade schools we had and closed them. What the School Board wants now is nothing different than running those grade schools, it is just newer and much more expensive. 

What's the Matter With Kansas' Schools?

KANSAS, like every state, explicitly guarantees a free public education in its Constitution, affirming America's founding belief that only an educated citizenry can preserve democracy and safeguard individual liberty and freedom.

And yet in recent years Kansas has become the epicenter of a new battle over the states' obligation to adequately fund public education. Even though the state Constitution requires that it make "suitable provision" for financing public education, Gov. Sam Brownback and the Republican-led Legislature have made draconian cuts in school spending, leading to a lawsuit that now sits before the state Supreme Court.

The outcome of that decision could resonate nationwide. Forty-five states have had lawsuits challenging the failure of governors and legislators to provide essential resources for a constitutional education. Litigation is pending against 11 states that allegedly provide inadequate and unfair school funding, including New York, Florida, Texas and California.

Many of these lawsuits successfully forced elected officials to increase school funding overall and to deliver more resources to poor students and those with special needs. If the Kansas Supreme Court rules otherwise, students in those states may begin to see the tide of education cuts return.

Kansas' current constitutional crisis has its genesis in a series of cuts to school funding that began in 2009. The cuts were accelerated by a $1.1 billion tax break, which benefited mostly upper-income Kansans, proposed by Governor Brownback and enacted in 2012.

Overall, the Legislature slashed public education funding to 16.5 percent below the 2008 level, triggering significant program reductions in schools across the state. Class sizes have increased, teachers and staff members have been laid off, and essential services for at-risk students were eliminated, even as the state implemented higher academic standards for college and career readiness.

Parents filed a lawsuit in the Kansas courts to challenge the cuts. In Gannon v. State of Kansas, a three-judge trial court ruled in January 2013 for the parents, finding that the cuts reduced per-pupil expenditures far below a level "suitable" to educate all children under Kansas' standards.

The judges also found that the Legislature was not meeting even the basic funding amounts set in its own education cost studies. The judges called the school funding cut "destructive of our children's future."

To remedy the funding shortfall, the judges ordered that per-pupil expenditures be increased to $4,492 from $3,838, the level previously established as suitable.

Rather than comply, Governor Brownback appealed to the Kansas Supreme Court. A decision is expected this month.

A victory for the parents would be heartening, but if it comes, would Governor Brownback and legislative leaders uphold the right to education guaranteed to Kansas school children?

The signals thus far are not promising. If the Kansas Supreme Court orders restoration of the funding, legislators are threatening to amend the state's Constitution by removing the requirement for "suitable" school funding and to strip Kansas courts of jurisdiction to hear school finance cases altogether. And if the amendment fails, they have vowed to defy any court order for increased funding or, at the very least, take the money from higher education.

A court-stripping constitutional amendment, and defiance of a state Supreme Court order, would shred the very fabric of Kansas' government and send shock waves through state capitals across the nation. It would allow elected branches to avoid any responsibility to adhere to the language and interpretation of their state constitutions by the courts. It would gravely undermine judicial independence and shut the courthouse door to vulnerable children who, as a last resort, seek legal redress to vindicate their fundamental right to an education.

As the Gannon trial judges noted, matters such as education are placed in constitutions because they are "intended for permanence" and "to protect them from the vagaries of politics."

Kansans rightfully take pride in their strong public school system. But as Kansas goes, so may go the nation. The Kansas Constitution, like those in other states, demands that every child be given the educational opportunity to meet his or her promise. This requires, at a minimum, adequate and suitable school funding. Governor Brownback and legislators must meet the constitutional command and, by so doing, advance the core American value of equal opportunity for all.

David Sciarra is the executive director of the Education Law Center. Wade Henderson is the president and chief executive of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/opinion/whats-the-matter-with-kansas-schools.html?hpw&rref=opinion

And please remember you have the POWER of the VOTE.

Be SMART, be SENSIBLE, be FRUGAL, re-open the Moline Grade School and save millions and problems solved.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just Tell The Elite " NO "

Ross

Some of the elite and supposedly educated people of Elk County have the idea that a large school building and a massive sports complex will get people to move to Howard and increase money flow to the merchants, the retailers. Guess what, THEY ARE WRONG, School District school buildings are not suppose to be economic development tools for merchants and retailers.

The effect they will get with this type of thinking will be just the opposite of what they want. The effect will be higher property taxes for twenty years and no return on the money . Another affect will be yearly increases in property taxes for increased maintenance and upkeep. Nothing is free, is it?

Check out this article which refers to other studies proclaiming the continuation of decline in the state of Kansas, not just rural areas. I don't make this stuff up, unlike those that would have you believe that we need a new school and I always try to provide a link unless I am expressing my personal opinion.
We have not seen any actions produced from the studies our School Board spent good money to have performed, so why did they money waste the money to have the studies done? Because it is not their money and it is real easy to waste other peoples money. The Federal Government does it daily, don't they?

The article says, "on a review of census data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Kansas saw a 21.5 percent increase in population between 1980 and 2011, while at that same time local government employment has increased 62.7 percent." But yet Elk County continues to shrink in population. Would you ask yourself why? My thought is the highest property taxes in Kansas. And the School Board wants to make taxes even higher for 20 years just to appease some persons need to feel important and have a Taj Mahal of a School Building.  Go figure!
============================================================

Kansas Trails
Surrounding States In
Economic Freedom
By Travis Perry  /   January 7, 2014

OSAWATOMIE, Kan. — The Sunflower State scored middle of the pack in a recent study of economic freedom in North America, and while policy analysts say Kansas is trending in the right direction, the state still has some ground to cover.

Breaking down the data released last month by the Canada-based Fraser Institute, an independent, nonpartisan research and educational organization, Dave Trabert, president of the conservative Kansas Policy Institute, said the state's black eye is starkly presented in the numbers.

"In terms of what Kansas needs to do to improve, it's pretty clear, you start from the bottom," Trabert said. "The biggest thing it can do is deal with the fact that we have a lot more government in Kansas than we need, and this is just one of the latest (studies) to point that out."

The Fraser report looked at things such as how much the government contributes to the overall state economy and workforce, levels of tax revenue, minimum wage laws and labor union density, among other factors.

Kansas ranked in the second-highest quartile in terms of economic freedom based on data collected from 2011. While that's encouraging, the fact loses some of its luster when you consider that the only surrounding state to rank lower was Missouri. Oklahoma ranked 17th out of all states, compared to Kansas' 23rd place ranking. Nebraska and Colorado joined Delaware, Texas, Nevada, Wyoming, South Dakota, Georgia, Utah and Illinois to be named the 10 "most free" states.

Trabert said based on a review of census data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Kansas saw a 21.5 percent increase in population between 1980 and 2011, while at that same time local government employment has increased 62.7 percent.

Dave Trabert, Kansas Policy Institute

"It's kind of across the board," he said. "Kansas, the structure itself, we have a lot more government than most states."

Only looking at cities, counties and townships, Trabert said, nationwide the average is about 8,066 residents per government. In Kansas, that figure is significantly lower, clocking in at around 1,445 state residents per government – and that's not even counting school districts or numerous other, smaller government entities. Kansas' figures are five times the national average.

While the study knocks Kansas for its 2011 tax rates, Gov. Sam Brownback's tax plan signed into law the following year, which decreases income tax rates, will likely improve the state's placement in future studies.

Still, the rankings of surrounding states give Trabert cause for concern.

"People have been voting with their feet for a long time, and that's going to continue to happen," he told Kansas Watchdog.

It's a trend that was revealed in even greater clarity last year, when an analysis of IRS and U.S. Census Bureau data revealed that Texas, Florida, Colorado and other low-tax states were veritable magnets for cash exiting Kansas.

"It all comes down to how much you spend," Trabert said. "The more government you have, the more government spends, the more you have to tax people."

The least free states, according to the Fraser Institute study, are Vermont, New Mexico, West Virginia, Mississippi, Maine, Kentucky, Montana, Arkansas, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

Related: Texas, Florida Are Top Destinations For Kansas Cash

Oops, I forgot the link and had to come back!

http://watchdog.org/122586/kansas-economic-freedom/

Ross

I received my copy of the West Elk Regular Board meeting for January 13th today. It was post marked January 10th and today is January 11th pretty amazing – overnight delivery at bulk postal rates. Remember when they told me my agenda's were late because of the post office having to send them to Wichita, well this one is post marked Wichita.

But anyway, the agenda once again says facilities & survey report. I guess they just won't get off that kick of doing what is not necessary. I wonder if their architect / salesman will be there to collect $85 and hour for selling them the goods. The reason I say salesman is because he started them out with a quote in the $1 million range and now has them up to $6.1 million and I think even that number is subject to change. Especially when you throw in the interest for 20 years, which in itself will be a bundle.

I have been checking the West Elk web site regularly for the video of the public meeting Richard Guerry Parent Assembly Tue, December 17, 2013, 7pm – 7pm http://www.westelk.us/event/ which was video taped by the Schools Technician employee. I was told it would be placed on the web site after the Christmas Break. Also, after a person had taken the videos home to edit and splice the video from both cameras together. I do believe it is improper if not illegal to edit public meetings. Well, the video has still not been posted! I wonder if the School Board was dismayed by the event and felt they failed to accomplish what they wanted to do and therefore with holding the video? Just asking!

I understand a citizen addressed them about the dollar amounts and that the board members did not display much of an interest in discussing cost.

I personally asked the School Board President that evening to have our School Board Meetings recorded, just like this public meeting and posted on West Elks web site, and he said he thought that was doable. Another citizen also asked that very same thing.

I had the opportunity to discuss the video recording idea of the meetings with the School Superintendent. He informed me they would have to hire someone and then have to pay an outside company to edit the recording before posting it on the web site. Well, Mr. School Superintendent none of that would be necessary. We already pay for a technician that works for us and if he can do it for the School Board in an attempt to do a sales job on the taxpayers, he can do it for a more respectable reason. The School District owns all the necessary technology to get the job done and the Technician is required to attend School Board Meetings anyway. Also the School Board Meeting falls under the open Meetings Act and I believe, therefore editing is not allowed . No expense involved, in keeping the public and taxpayers informed, now is there?

I have also been checking the posting of the School Board Minutes and finally today, I found someone has finally updated the minutes for the last three months. Sure took long enough to click a couple of buttons.
BOE-September 9, 2013   BOE-October 14, 2103   BOE-November 11, 2013

But there is what I consider a lack of the School District wanting the public to know what is really going on at those meetings. There is much left out of the meetings minutes and the attachments discussed are never attached to the meetings minutes! I wonder why? What are they keeping from the public? They told me I could receive copies of the hand outs and attachments, if I wanted to pay for them. Really? Why should I or you have to pay for those attachments? Do the School Board Members pay for these public documents?  Why are they not posted on the West Elk web site with the School Board Minutes that refer to them? Is this a want to be like, the Obama Administration that wants to lack in transparency, or is it just laziness on the part of the School Administration?

Keeping accurate records of what transpires at School Board meetings is vital to keeping the public informed. Those attachments and handouts are part of the School Board Meetings and mentioned in the minutes and should therefore be attached to the minutes. They are public information and should not be held for a ransom, as in charging for copies.   As citizens, we may not be able to attend every meeting. But it's important that we can look back at public record and read an accurate account of events. Everything is public information at the West Elk School District with the exception of disciplinary actions. Now please correct me if I am wrong!

They School Board has claimed we old folks don't understand the importance of technology, I think what they mean is they hope we don't understand. 

Before school let out for Christmas break, I stopped by the District Office and asked to see a copy of the School Board bylaws or policy, and was told it was scattered all over the place. They said they were updating it. So, I politely said, I would wait until another time and come back. Where upon, they said they would be completing the job over Christmas break and would post it on the schools web site. Well, I'm still waiting to see it posted!

Board PoliciesA blank page. http://www.westelk.us/district-2/board-policies/

Principal's Corner
The 2013-2014 School year is underway! Our enrollment has increased and we look forward to what this year has in store! We offer an experienced staff who share the common goal of success. I encourage you to be involved with your school and if we can do something for you, please let us know. http://www.westelk.us/principal-comments/re

Well here it is, here is my involvement and what you can do for me! Please let the School Board know in your report that you provide to the School Board at every meeting, that the above requests, in the above message have been directed to you. That is, if you are sincere, in what you say and what you post on the West Elk web site.  Thank you, so very much.

Ross

Our School Board could take some clues about how to set up a proper School Board panel, or is our School Board going to continue to be much more backward and less refined than a small Arkansas School Board. You can distinctly see that the Arkansas School Board faces the audience and that they speak clearly and distinctly!

Also I figure educated School Board Members should know better than to speak out over other members or to whisper to the person next to them, all of which is very rude. Also it shows a lack of etiquette as in proper manners for the taxpayers in the audience.   

Can we expect better attitudes and respect from our School Board Members for each other and the citizens that attend the School Board Meetings.
Can the School Board Members show they are educated?
Can they speak up , and speak loudly as to fill the room with their voices?
Well, lets wait and see?

What if their architect /salesman or the school staff reporting to them failed to speak up, loudly and clearly in order to be heard, would the School Board just say, " so what" and ignore the fact they were unable to get a decent report?
I don't think so, do you think so?

Did Elk Konnected hold their Kommunity Konversations in the same manner as this School Board does?
By that I mean in such confusion and in such muffled voices that can't be heard to the back of their small meeting room?

And we do have Elk Konnected members on the School Board, don't we?

Perhaps the Konnected Board Member that was so boisterous at a County Commissioner's meeting about other volunteering, could volunteer to address the school board about proper protocol such as facing the audience and speaking loudly and clearly? 
Let's wait and see how far volunteerism goes with the Elk Konnected folks, shall we?

Ross

Well yesterdays County Commissioners Meeting was quite interesting, you will be learning some interesting information over the next couple of days.

One thing, I'm sure you should appreciate is that Commissioner Ritz moved to set aside $420, 000 of the wind farm monies to offset next years taxes like they did for this years taxes. I believe I have the dollar amount right! At any rate the motion was seconded and passed.

The County Commissioners were addressed by another NGO --- Non Governmental Organization and that turned into a heated discussion. I'm not going to go into that at this time because, I don't have the time right now and I want to do a little research on the organization. I believe it's that Flint Hills group that Elk Konnected introduced us to at a Meeting in Grenola about a year ago at a Kommunity Konversation.

If I remember correctly that meeting was suppose to be about the Flint Hills but when we got to the meeting they made it clear that they knew absolutely nothing about the Flint Hills. And to me it appeared to be a training meeting for some newbie's in the business, so they could practice manipulation on a live audience, and nothing more.

But what the heck, I've learned, I am now no more than a social idiot, and you might be one too! LOL, more on that later.

I was very happy being a proud redneck now it seems, I have this new title, really funny in my opinion. Perhaps, because, I got no edumaction and I ain't no dumbass elite. So, I'm happy with it. I don't mind someone calling me names, it just means they may not be doing it to someone else.

I mean when someone gets an edumaction as a veterinarian and lacks the entrepreneurial skills to run his own business and goes to work outside of his educated field for someone else, you would think they would have a better understanding of the economy in Elk County. However, his association with an NGO that at one time advocated paying college tuitions for kid's out of the wind farm money, if they would return to Elk County as entrepreneurs, just doesn't make any sense now, does it?

On the other hand, I don't see anyone singing the praise of a veterinarian that did exactly that. That of being entrepreneurial and starting a Veterinarian from the ground up, right here in Moline, Elk County, Kansas. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty proud of her. She gets my business.

I never once heard of or seen her ask for help, as with her hand out looking for a hand out as others have. I happen to know she is a hard worked and applies her education well.  She is my preferred vet.

As far as those that have a lot of pleasure in having their hand out for what they call donations, to accomplish things for their own special needs perhaps some of you can help out this poor guy: http://www.gofundme.com/1nv62w

Seriously, won't you sign on and give him a couple of dollars!
He is trying to raise $1200 and has only raised $150, and I understand the boy in the picture named Tim is his son, I don't know that for a fact but I heard a rumor to that fact.

Oh durn, I'm sorry, I just tried to donate and I got a message "The campaign deadline has been reached."

And I couldn't donate.
Bummer isn't it?
Didn't get to the $1200 goal.
If you try posting it again, I bet them Elk Konnected folks can be persuaded to volunteer to donate $20 each.
Now you will have to hurry to see that cute little boy, before the web page is removed.
Just post the new link here on the forum so your friends can find it.

For all you folks that think non profit NGO's (Non Governmental Organizations) and Foundations are always a good thing, please take at the good works of this one:

nhttp://21stcenturywire.com/2014/01/14/eugenics-today-how-vaccines-are-used-to-sterilize-the-masses/

Just my opinion, take it or leave it, if you please.

More later when I have more time.
TTFN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk