Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

The law locks up both man and woman Who steals the goose from off the common, But lets the greater felon loose Who steals the common from the goose.

~ Anonymous

Janet Harrington

I really can't say what he uses it for. I know he has his semis there, so I just assumed it was for the farming part of the business. I believe David does the farming and Mark does the ranching. Not sure. This is just what I think I know from just being around David when he was married to my friend, Lorie. I enjoy visiting with David when I see him.

Ross

Well nothing in this weeks newspaper about Elk Konnected, LLC, again.
What has happened has our community organization fell asleep?

But we can see the actions of the Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners on page 9 under public notices. Resolution No. 2012-06

Section 4, Elk County agrees to pay in equal shares with the state of Kansa sthe outstanding loan balance of two resident individuals who qualifies under the terms of qualifications provided by the state of Kansas in Senate Bill No. 198 and the appropriate rules and regulations.

Who cares what the state approves, big deal.
What about what the property taxpayers approve of?

Who are the two individuals that get the benefit of our tax dollars?

Do we really want to pay off their obligations?
Why couldn't they work while attending school to pay their own way?
Why can't they meet their own obligations?
But it appears that the two (2) Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners think we should pay off the debt of  two very special people. It was only the two (2) Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners signatures I see on the form in the newspaper.

Our Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioner pointed out in her column Elk County Commissioners Comments that they finalized the county budget with no mill increase. Well that's good news. But it was only because she said, "Overall the county valuation went up a little."

I wonder what that really means? Does it mean they increased my property value so I will have to pay more taxes? Does that mean my property taxes will actually go up by $100 or $500 next year?

But I also wonder if they were that close to raising our property tax mill levy, how can they afford to even think about giving property tax breaks in the way of rebates or kickbacks?

Why do our two (2) Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners believe so much in Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs?

Who do you two (2) Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners actually think about when you are giving money away? Is it the taxpayers or is it friends, relatives, cronies? Just tell us the who, what, where, when and how's?

Did anyone notice the full page plus of delinquent property tax payers in the news paper?
How about the foreclosure did you notice that?
Times are tough!
Do we need to be running Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs for special people or special groups during these hard times?

November Elections are coming and we as taxpayers hopefully can do something about these Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs by voting.

This apparently has made its way around the world.
I think it applies here as well.
Quit being a crybaby for Beggar-Thy-Neighbor Money and pay your fair share of property taxes.
Or shame on you.

Advice by a judge in 1959 to some teenagers:

"Your parents do not owe you entertainment. Your city or village does not owe you recreational facilities. The world does not owe you a living. ... Grow up; quit being a crybaby. Get out of your dream world and develop a backbone, not a wishbone, and start acting like a man or a lady."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/judge-words-wisdom-teens-tweens-goes-viral-180634774.html

November Elections are coming and we as taxpayers hopefully can do something about these Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs by voting.

readyaimduck

QuoteI wonder what that really means? Does it mean they increased my property value so I will have to pay more taxes? Does that mean my property taxes will actually go up by $100 or $500 next year

Ross, Ross, Ross my friend.  Unless you know the structure between the valuation, the taxes and the mill levy (as they are totally related and yet iindependent), PLEASE refrain from a (fill in the blank)

all-ready taxed

Janet Harrington

Quote from: srkruzich on August 12, 2012, 08:45:26 PM
is it a bad thing to say its david perkins place?  Some how i get the feeling that folks tend to hide their opinions whenever the perkins or devlin name comes up.

Well, it's not a bad thing for me to say whose place it is or talk about Perkins or Devlin. I know both of these folks and think they are fine people.

However; some people seem to think they have to tiptoe around the Perkins name for some reason. Golly, they are just people like you and me.

jarhead

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 15, 2012, 08:22:10 PM
Golly, they are just people like you and me.

Like you'n me ? Janet there aint nobody like you'n me!! Pistol Packing Blondie is as close as one can get. ;D

Teresa

I'm crazy as a shit house rat...~~you really putting yourself on the self with me???  lol
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 15, 2012, 08:21:43 PM
Ross, Ross, Ross my friend.  Unless you know the structure between the valuation, the taxes and the mill levy (as they are totally related and yet iindependent), PLEASE refrain from a (fill in the blank)

all-ready taxed

I do understand the relationships ready. I was just trying to make a point. And I do believe, I did.

Our Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioner made the point, the budget was passed without a mill levy increase, but basically a re-evaluation of properties, which raise the property tax.

What problems can the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners face, with the budget next year, when they should recieve hundreds of thousands of dollars from the windfarm?

How else, can the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners afford the Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs, without that money or raising taxes?

I try to make sense and I know sometimes I fail to get the message across. But then again, maybe it does come across.
I try anyway.

How many more Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs do we have to endure from the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners ?

redcliffsw

You're coming across OK.  Keep up the good work.  There's some who are looking to government to
supply them and there are those elected who will do it.  Government is not meant to be a charitable
organization.

Ross

Thanks Redcliff,

I do believe, it is our County Government's Konnection with a privately owned business, who's only business appears to be to control our County, through Konnected Kounty Kommissioners, to have these "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" programs, for the benefit of those involved with Elk Konnected, LLC.

Especially, since Elk Konnected County Commissioner Hendricks will no longer communicate with us or even bother denying anything put forth on this forum.

This is not the way our government should operate, IMHO.

I do believe we would all like to see Corporations get out of our Federal Government, so why not out of our county government?

Let's see if the Elk Konnected Kommissioners, publicize in the newspaper, who the two resident individuals are, that will benefit from having help with their outstanding loan balance's, from the Elk County property taxpayers.

And, I wonder what konnection two resident individuals might have with Elk Konnected, LLC ?
Just wondering and asking?

I'm sure hoping people vote out, at least one of the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners, so we can have some resemblance of a government of all the people, by all the people and for all the people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk