Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on July 19, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
In a county as small as this one, a lot of positions have to overlap.  Not because there are not enough people to do the jobs, but because there are not enough people willing to do the jobs for no pay.  Not enough people that have the time to do the jobs and not enough people that just simply have the abilities that are needed to the jobs.  I am thankful for the ones that do even though it means that sometimes they have to take on more than their share.

You keep talking about these "private businesses".  Just how much profit have these "private businesses" shown since their inception?
Wrong! County Commissioner is not required to be associated with other organizations. It'a matter of priorities and principles and ethics and choices. Very simple leadership decisions. Don't you think? And County Commissioners are paid.
You don't see the sheriff being the County Commissioner and the fire marshall and the director of the county health department and the Moline Constable do you?

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 09:28:32 AM
If the "great depression" didn't stop most county fairs around the country, why now?  People need that mental break and need to have fun, especially when times are bad.

I don't believe there is any need to change the way our fairs are run at this time.

I think it would be simply ridiculous to try to build a new centralized fair grounds and new buildings or anything else during these economic times. The county should run with a very tight purse string until the worst of the world financial crisis is over. If they ever do get money from the windfarm it should not be spent on any big idea's. I don't believe anyone has given any thought yo yhe cost of maintenance and upkeep of all those new suggested buildings in their want list. Heck apparently maintenance and upkeep and repairs to the school in Moline was to costly. What do they think the cost of maintenance and upkeep of a brand new school would be? It would have been considerably cheaper to keep the one they had.

And the suggestion of building new fair grounds at the rodeo ground, what's with that? Oh, that's where the high school was originally suppose to have been built, right? Where was that high school built --- 1/2 mile outside of Howard?

There is an awful lot to consider especially during these trying times.

Diane Amberg

As usual, Patriot had to take a personal jab at me. Couldn't stay objective for even that short of a time?  I see a lot!
  Are you sure they don't already go out to bid? No Kansas state bidding process?  Are they limited by law on how much they can stockpile? Even we (Aetna) have a state bid for things and save a lot of money. Happens to be Staples has the bid for a lot we use and we save quite a bit. Also several electricians and plumbers, a couple of electrical supply houses,etc. We can also bid on state surplus. My Al is our company purchasing agent and really knows how to save money.  Suggest it to them, not me and don't insult their intelligence in the process! That's rude and would make you look less of a decent person than you really are. IMHO
Why do you need framing nails? Those one rate boxes do have a weight limit you know. I don't know how being a commisioner has anything to do with the other positions you mentioned. What comparison were you trying to make? Check out Cornell CA see how it is there. ;D One person many positions.

Wilma

I don't think that county jobs overlap.  But county employees do take on volunteer jobs where they are needed.  Holding another paying job does not preclude anyone from becoming a county commissioner.  Any other position in the courthouse probably does not leave enough time to hold a second job, unless it can be done on Friday when the county is shut down.  I am not talking about paying jobs.  I am talking about the many associations like the Lion's Club, Chamber of Commerce, you get the idea.  If county employees could not be members of these organizations, not only would the organization be a loser, but the employees rights would be trampled on.  So if a county commissioner is also a member of one or more of these other organizations, what is the harm.  And if one of the organizations asks the county for money from a fund that has been set aside for them, why should the commissioner not vote on it?  The commissioner is not benefiting personally from this money.

Is ELK LLC a business for profit?  If so, what kind of profit are they making?  If they are not making a profit, why are they still in business?  I think calling this organization a business is stretching it beyond belief.

Diane Amberg

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 03:37:27 PM
As usual, Patriot had to take a personal jab at me.

See your words next quote...

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 12:47:56 PM
Try being the warm sun instead of the cold wind. Surely you are not just a chronic complainer.

With all due respect, your victim status has been well documented on the forum for years.  Please quit being such a thin skinned whiner.  Since you can dish it out, learn to take it back.

Couldn't stay objective for even that short of a time?

Attention Deficit Disorder is much more clearly demonstrated by others here who can't stay on topic for more than one or two posts at best, and often divert so wildly off course as to be dizzying.

Are you sure they don't already go out to bid? No Kansas state bidding process?  Are they limited by law on how much they can stockpile? Even we (Aetna) have a state bid for things and save a lot of money. Happens to be Staples has the bid for a lot we use and we save quite a bit. Also several electricians and plumbers, a couple of electrical supply houses,etc. We can also bid on state surplus.

You really are from back east, aren't you?  Here are all these discussions about local government, abuses of resources, questionable management, 'good ole boy' crony operations and you ask about statutory stockpile limits for toilet paper?  Please.  This is Elk County Kansas, population est. 2200.  It isn't Delaware, hell it isn't even close to operating like Sedgwick or Reno counties.  At any rate, my comments were primarily about the poor use of funds in the first place, not discount days at Staples.

My Al is our company purchasing agent and really knows how to save money.

We might consider renting your Al.  But the suggestion would first require a couple of professionally facilitated Elk Konnected Kommunity Konversations, a report to the commission, a vote, and matching grant and a loan from Longton Bank for our share of the match, to pay Al's expenses.   ???

Suggest it to them, not me and don't insult their intelligence in the process!  That's rude and would make you look less of a decent person than you really are.

Haven't you heard? I'm not a decent person.... In this thread alone, Flintauqua, Wilma, Catwoman, sodbuster, Jefe de Vacation, Sybil (ADP/Arc Fault/PAT_RIOT, et al) have all clearly said so.  And since they are 'true Elk Countians', they must know.   :)

Why do you need framing nails? Those one rate boxes do have a weight limit you know.

Nevermind, Diane.  You missed the point entirely. 

I don't know how being a commisioner has anything to do with the other positions you mentioned. What comparison were you trying to make?

Another point you've clearly missed in the last 200+ pages.  Nevermind.

Check out Cornell CA see how it is there. ;D One person many positions.

Looking more like a Kalifornia Kommunity is really what we need.   Then again, maybe we could Konnect with them.  ::)

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 04:46:22 PM
I thought it was set up as a non profit.No?

Secretary of State Business database record doesn't say so.

Quote from: Wilma on July 19, 2011, 04:36:24 PM
Is ELK LLC a business for profit?  If so, what kind of profit are they making?  If they are not making a profit, why are they still in business?

After all the screaming, you start asking unanswered questions not unlike the questions that you have attacked others for asking?   Priceless!  But please, keep asking.  Maybe you can get answers.

Diane Amberg

As usual Patriot, you have it backwards .Anybody can look all the way back and see how much I was dumped on FIRST. I put up with it since I'm an outsider and finally said "enough already" and started handing it right back, and I even warned you I would.  I have always tried to be civil, as I was brought up to be, but I'm no door mat nor do I suffer fools and bullies.
  I was not talking about a "discount" at Staples. They won the state bid for office supplies and we are able to take advantage of it also.   Whining? Me? I'M NOT ONE RUNNING THE SAME BANNER ACROSS THE PAGE DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY!
Nice diverson there. I am not the topic and nobody with any sense is fooled by that.  I thought perhaps I could share some things but you are too stubborn to listen to anybody else. So be it. Commies behind every door! Bye,bye.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 06:45:39 PM
As usual Patriot, you have it backwards .Anybody can look all the way back and see how much I was dumped on FIRST. I put up with it since I'm an outsider and finally said "enough already" and started handing it right back, and I even warned you I would.  I have always tried to be civil, as I was brought up to be, but I'm no door mat nor do I suffer fools and bullies.
  I was not talking about a "discount" at Staples. They won the state bid for office supplies and we are able to take advantage of it also.   Whining? Me? I'M NOT ONE RUNNING THE SAME BANNER ACROSS THE PAGE DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY!
Nice diverson there. I am not the topic and nobody with any sense is fooled by that.  I thought perhaps I could share some things but you are too stubborn to listen to anybody else. So be it. Commies behind every door! Bye,bye.

Buy, bye.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on July 19, 2011, 04:36:24 PM
Is ELK LLC a business for profit?  If so, what kind of profit are they making?  If they are not making a profit, why are they still in business?  I think calling this organization a business is stretching it beyond belief.
I still want to know are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC are one and the same or two seperate entities???

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk