Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

readyaimduck

To anyone of whom has served in the armed forces....I and my father salute you/
Thank you all for your service and the sacrifices you have made.

Please light a candle for all that went before us in the name of conflict"
ready

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 03, 2011, 11:00:48 AM
Patriot, what "history of overpayment" would that be? According to whom and how was that decided?
I know nothing about the Elk County budget and who decides how, when and where the money is spent (bids?) but I would assume that is all public record. ...and that's derogatory, but deragatory does make an interesting word....

They tend to bypass the bidding process. Like in the failed proposal to build a new school.  The bidding process was never allowed they hired some manager to handle all the calculatios and no legal sealed bid was ever submitted from what i understand
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

QuoteThey tend to bypass the bidding process.

wouldnt that bypass the EEO law?

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Ross on July 01, 2011, 09:20:34 AM
Remember the Curly-Q hamburger place in Moline.
The man was doing pretty good, but I understand he was run off.
But any way the Curly-Q is still closed. Competition not welcome I guess.

Just wanted to let you know that the owner of the Curly-Q was not run off. He is a friend of mine and he told me he had to make a decision of whether to keep being self-employed or getting a job where he could get health insurance for his kids. He chose family. He was making money, but did not have reliable help. He thinks it is too funny that people are still talking about him.

Anyway, wanted to get that cleared up, but needed to talk with him first before I wrote anything. There you have it.

W. Gray

Sheriff Janet, he also expanded the seating area and did a lot of improvement to the building from the previous owner.

I enjoyed eating there, especially the curly fries.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

I never got to eat there when Toby owned it. I was working out of town. I got to work with Toby at Coffeyville and I can tell you from experience, Toby is a very hard worker and a caring father who is raising his two daughters. Go, Toby. I am glad you are my friend.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 03, 2011, 05:24:23 PM
wouldnt that bypass the EEO law?
You would think it would. 
But we were told that they didn't violate any laws. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Good morning, I sure hope everyone had an incident free Independence Day Celebration.

I just could not believe what I was reading. It sounds like you are saying there is justification in wrong doing in the small level of local government because it is not as bad of wrong doing on the national level.
That sort of thinking just blows me away. And what do you think has driven our whole country to the brink that it is at today? Who, who, who are you Jefe?

I hauled this over from http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11754.30.html

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 04, 2011, 04:21:44 PM
Coming from the south , I'm sure you've seen plenty of crooked politicians.
I personally don't believe where you hail from, or where you have been, or where you are going justifies crooked politicians. Or that it means they can't be everywhere. Or that errors by a politician makes them a crooked politician.

I don't trust most of them ( politicians ) either, but I trust what I see, and know to be fact.
In other words if you are a member of an organization that ask for money (a hand out) from and you are an elected official that is going to vote on awarding that money to your organization, you can't see that as a conflict of interest?

He's a tough old bird who's worked hard for what he has, as have the rest of our people here. There are people with megabucks in our midst, however , that didn't. They don't hold public office or care to, but have influence that reaches much higher than county government.
Are you saying it matters whether or not a person holds office or has mega bucks or has influence that reaches much higher than county government justifies any form of wrong doing paraphrased as "good ole boy " stuff?

Any "good ole boy" back scratching that happens here pales in comparison to what is going on , and has been forever, in our nations Capitol. I wholeheartedly agree with you there. We need congressional reform on a large scale. I see the internet as one of the only ways we can do it. When your voting choices are bad, or worse, change is hard to effect by voting.
Whether it pales in comparison to what is going on in our capitol is irrelevant, is it still not wrong?
If you can't correct it at home how do you expect to correct it 1284 miles away from home?
Don't you think you should insure your government at home is working as it is designed to work, work on those possible problems and then maybe work on the state level problems before trying to challenge the National level of Government problems?  Any problems need to be addressed from the bottom up wouldn't you think?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Hefe de vaca

Help, :o our local goverment is broken, ( and the sky is falling)  :o :o :o . Sorry ,I can't play today, have to work. ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk