What Elk Konnected Wants to Build

Started by Ross, April 24, 2011, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 26, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
Did they ever get the gym roof fixed? Last I remember there was a bucket hanging up there on the ceiling to catch the leaks! ;D Your alumni should be taking care of your new marquee if one is needed. That's very common here. By the way, I don't know why your portables aren't satisfactory. I taught in one for 3 years when the district had a surge in population. It was a big room, air conditioned and nice carpet, plenty of wall, board and project space. I liked it fine.

No, they didn't fix the roof they shut the building down.

I keep hearing remarks that it is such a hassle to move the children from the portables to the main building to go to the library or whatever they need to do. Perhaps your building was a lot nicer. These are four small trailers divided into two sections each.
No. I haven't been inside them, I'm just repeating what I have heard said about the circumstances.

All the marque needs is a minor amount of repair by a maqintenance person. No great skill required.

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on April 26, 2011, 05:31:10 PM
Great point Ross...If I lived in your district, I would have still voted for you because I think YOU are on the right track! Some people just don't get it! --Jennifer

I sincerely thank you for the compliment.
I love hillbilly's, they are down to earth people.

Diane Amberg

Ross ,my classroom portable was one big single with no bathrooms or water so we had to go inside the main building about 15 feet away.  On the far side of the building there was also a big quad of 4 rooms. It had bathrooms and water fountains. It just wasn't a problem moving the kids.  We changed for reading and math and of course lunch, library, music and gym.The art teacher came to us. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out well for you all.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 26, 2011, 06:05:14 PM
Ross ,my classroom portable was one big single with no bathrooms or water so we had to go inside the main building about 15 feet away.  On the far side of the building there was also a big quad of 4 rooms. It had bathrooms and water fountains. It just wasn't a problem moving the kids.  We changed for reading and math and of course lunch, library, music and gym.The art teacher came to us. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out well for you all.

Ehhh kids these days are too pampered.  They don't like walking out in a bit of cold to the main building.  Shoot in my day, i walked barefoot........
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

through a patch of sandburs to get to school.  Sure you did, Steve.  How about two miles on a very hot September day when the sand on the road burned through the soles of your shoes?  Oh, I forgot, you didn't have shoes.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 26, 2011, 06:05:14 PM
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out well for you all.

It's not me that it bothers. But even the school board appears to be bothered by the situation.
i expect they will sometime in the near future aks the voters to go for the $5 1/5 million building with a storm shelter for Howard.
And I expect the voters will again tell them no. That kind of money for less than 150 kids and less than 3000 taxpayers just doesn't make sense. But once again that is just my opinion and only time will tell.

I am so happy for you that it tthat the portable's worked well for you.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on April 26, 2011, 05:25:29 PM
Just so you know flintauqua I placed a letter in the newspaper asking my friends and neighbors not to vote for me but I did ask them to vote for someone else. I chose to withdraw because I didn't have enough time to study everything that a school board member should know to do their job properly. The more I studied the more I learned that I needed to learn more.  So I shall continue to study. Education of our children is not about how large or how new the school building is. It's also not about how much money you spend or sports. Education takes place in the class room.

You can try all you want to hurt my feelings but it wont work. You have earned my pity for trying, hatefulness is self debaseing and I shall say a prayer for you.

May I ask what part of in Elk County do you live in? North, Eatst, South, West, Central? I'm nothing asking for any thing specific just general. Thanks.

My humble apologies.  I fully admit to not being aware that you had taken yourself out of the running. 

I have been the subject of so many direct and indirect personal attacks here on the forum that I thought that had become part of the rules of engagement.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 26, 2011, 06:30:49 PM
My humble apologies.  I fully admit to not being aware that you had taken yourself out of the running. 

I have been the subject of so many direct and indirect personal attacks here on the forum that I thought that had become part of the rules of engagement.

Your apology is very respectfully accepted.
I am sorry to hear about the attacks. That shouldn't happen.
I fully believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and have a right to voice them.
Even if I disagree. I have agreements with a couple of friends that ww agree to disagree.
That way we can get in heated discussions and remain friends. Arguments can be fun and educational with the right mind set.
Have a great evening.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 26, 2011, 06:21:24 PM
through a patch of sandburs to get to school.  Sure you did, Steve.  How about two miles on a very hot September day when the sand on the road burned through the soles of your shoes?  Oh, I forgot, you didn't have shoes.
Actually on a hot Georgia August day with 110 deg on hot pavement barefoot.  I ran barefoot everywhere, had shoes but hated to wear them.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jane

In the Washburn Rural High School they have using portables for the last 15 years and they work just fine. I have been in one of the portables in Howard and they are set up real nice. There is a little lack of room but they are quite and warm. I am sure going to lunch in the high school is has its draw backs in the winter but win a few lose a few.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk