Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Only the county commissioners can make this decision.  I think that I remember that the top recommendations did concern lowering property taxes and the debt.  The flim-flam stuff that we hear so much about were way down on the list.

Hefe de vaca

I refered to a similar situation in an earlier post where the people decided to invest the money and use the proceeds of that investment to pay for projects. The problem now is , are there any good investments with that kind of return on the money?

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 17, 2011, 10:44:55 AM
     I refered to a similar situation in an earlier post where the people decided to invest the money and use the proceeds of that investment to pay for projects. The problem now is , are there any good investments with that kind of return on the money?

But that doesn't address the problem of running a deficit.  Fix that first then go for projects as money comes in.  You can't manage money when your constantly going into debt.   Once your budget is in the black, then you can look at investments. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Hefe de vaca

Agreed. A bit of a problem worldwide right now.

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 17, 2011, 11:22:16 AM
   Agreed. A bit of a problem worldwide right now.

No one wants to do it the old fashioned way, save up for the luxuries.  growing up we got 1 family vacation our entire time growing up. Took my parents years to save up for it.   Today, i see folks take off on vacations they can't afford and pay on it for years to come because they charge it.  And this goes on every year. No wonder folks are bankrupt.   

The way i look at it, if folks like me gotta tighten the belt so does government. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Hefe de vaca

Right on . I don't care to have any more than I need. I am a student of Thoreau, put your effort into your immediate needs, not money.

Diane Amberg

I did some research on the investment idea for the wind farm money. Unless you can find some undervalued stocks that pay consistent good dividends, or invest outside the country, say Canada or perhaps even Germany. Then you could strip the dividends to slowly pay down your debt or lower taxes. With public money you have to very very careful.  Or maybe check into a Vanguard or Fidelity mixed basket. (Public Funds) You have to be willing to not follow it every day or you'll go nutz whenever it goes down, and it will. It's not a good place for beginners to learn unless you have a trustworthy fund manager. I even checked out what New Castle Pension funds are doing, but it's not a good match for you folks. The lower the risk, the lower the return, but some things can do very well. Who manages the pension money now for your county employees? They might have some good suggestions.

Varmit

commissioner owns land, commissioner votes on allowing the windfarm, commissioner then calls in elk konnected to help the citizens decide how to vote on what to spend the money on...shady as hell.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on July 17, 2011, 04:06:25 PM
commissioner owns land, commissioner votes on allowing the windfarm, commissioner then calls in elk konnected to help the citizens decide how to vote on what to spend the money on...

..commissioner sits on the Elk Konnected steering committee, commissioner sits on commission which formally receives report from Elk Konnected on the 'community consensus' of a group representing less than 10% of the population on how to spend monies received from a PILOT agreement the commissioner negotiated and signed.  Commissioner vocally defends Elk Connected in commission meetings. Commissioner moves and votes affirmatively to give the LBA taxpayer monies (LBA president also sits on Elk Konnected steering committee). Will commissioner participate & vote on how the PILOT monies are spent? Will Elk Connected receive any of those monies, directly or indirectly?  Circular?  Sounds that way.  But where does the circle begin.... and end?  In the shade?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

QuoteBut where does the circle begin.... and end?  In the shade?

please group Ross' first post on Elk County's Handout and Freedom Of Speech in AZ by Steve.

perhaps they are interconnected? 
Maybe not.  Maybe so.  Need solid facts. 
Seems like everyone is very evasive until it happens.

ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk