Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Wilma, why are you even looking at a map that is 56 years old. It has no relevance to what exists today.  I am quite sure there were a lot of roads on that 1954 map that aren't there now.   Why not look at maps from 2000 to present.  That would be more current information and relevant to the conversation
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

I just learned my neighbor has an old road running in back of his proprety that hasn't been used for years and they don't grade or rock it. Go figure?

Catwoman

Quote from: srkruzich on July 08, 2011, 08:44:24 AM
Wilma, why are you even looking at a map that is 56 years old. It has no relevance to what exists today.  I am quite sure there were a lot of roads on that 1954 map that aren't there now.   Why not look at maps from 2000 to present.  That would be more current information and relevant to the conversation

LOL...Have lived for an extended period of time in Elk County, I can assure you that a 1954 map would be very relevant to this conversation!  Nothing much has changed from that period of time to this, except maybe the number water sheds that were built and the number of hog buildings out on the Bellar place... ;)

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
...Nothing much has changed from that period of time to this, except maybe the number water sheds that were built and the number of hog buildings out on the Bellar place...

And job availability, economic development, youth residence retention, population, attitudes........  Actually, those have changed.  Many have likely gotten worse.

Will there's one thing that's gone up..... taxes.  Sadly, much else is just as outdated as Wilma's parchment map.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Well, that's part of the charm of Elk County...Slower pace...Not as involved...Easier to understand.  I loved living there while I was there...But am rather relieved to be back in a place where there are easily accessible amenities such as Wally World, Target and Sam's Club! lol

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 02:37:34 PM
...But am rather relieved to be back in a place where there are easily accessible amenities such as Wally World, Target and Sam's Club! lol

And running water and flush toilets?  How are the private roads?  Rocked & graded?

Sorry catwoman, that kind of catty litter is your territory, I forgot.

Catwoman

There was nothing catty in what I said, Patsy... ::)...There is nothing admirable or fun about paying 3.55/gal to drive an hour one way to get to common conveniences.  Just ask any of the single parents who are having to foot the bill alone, with no help from a spouse bringing in another income.  You can pull back in your claws, you red/white/blue-striped tomcat... ;D ::)

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 02:52:51 PM
There was nothing catty in what I said...

Try reading for understanding, sirry roman... what I said was on the catty side, and my apology was in recognition of your claim the other day that catty remarks were your domain.  I didn't want to step on Your Cattiness' reserved territory.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
LOL...Have lived for an extended period of time in Elk County, I can assure you that a 1954 map would be very relevant to this conversation!  Nothing much has changed from that period of time to this, except maybe the number water sheds that were built and the number of hog buildings out on the Bellar place... ;)
Then why in the world do they bother with the cost of updating maps?

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on July 08, 2011, 03:03:38 PM
Then why in the world do they bother with the cost of updating maps?

It's 'busywork'.  Maybe they get grants.  Free money, you know.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk