Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Quote from: Patriot on July 08, 2011, 02:59:49 PM
Try reading for understanding, sirry roman... what I said was on the catty side, and my apology was in recognition of your claim the other day that catty remarks were your domain.  I didn't want to step on Your Cattiness' reserved territory.

My sincere apologies for misreading you, Patriot... ;D...I appreciate your appreciation of my station on this Forum-sized nation! lol  <retracting claws...Prrrrrrrrrring>

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 03:11:51 PM
My sincere apologies for misreading you, Patriot... ;D...I appreciate your appreciation of my station on this Forum-sized nation!

Apology accepted, but please don't confuse my 'acknowledgement of' as 'appreciation for'.  It isn't.   :)

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Awww, Patriot...You had to go and spoil the moment... :'(...<ding,ding> OK, back to our respective corners...Let's make it a clean fight! lol   ::) ;D

readyaimduck

QuoteThen why in the world do they bother with the cost of updating maps?

Even in 3 months, landownership changes hands, parcels split, easements are written, etc.  Even some of the rivers change their course over time. 
That's why maps are updated, and what one might view on a 1954 map, may not be relavent..MAY or MAY NOT.

Catwoman

Yup, land changes hands...But I sincerely doubt that any of the roads have been diverted or re-routed.   Now, roads being closed because of dangerous conditions?  I don't know...But I'm sure one of the experts-in-residence could answer... ;D.  My bet is that if you laid a plot of Elk County 1954 roads over a plot of Elk County 2011 roads, they'd match up pertinear perfectly...Whatcha think? 

Wilma

Almost, Cat, almost.  What is pertinent about a 1954 map?  The landowners.  Most of the land in that area has changed hands in the last 56 years.  Whatever roads that are there now were built before 1954 by people that are not even alive now.  How can today's landowners and commissioners be blamed for roads created at a time that they were needed.  Today's landowners and commissioners had nothing to do with the building of these roads.  The reason that they might still be maintained could lie in the fact that nobody ever did anything about closing them or giving orders to not maintain them.  IMHO that would be called oversight.

Catwoman

Good point, Wilma...Good to read you again, too!  ;)

Diane Amberg

To be totally accurate, Limestone Road in front of our old place was reconfigured some time back because Clear Creek had shifted north and was encroaching on the road.They took a chunk of our land and rebuilt the road north of where it had been and left us with a piece south between the road and the creek. It didn't matter, but it does look funny to have what's left of the old ranch sign on the other side of the road instead of at the foot of the driveway.

Wilma

I have noticed that the creek cuts off a big bite of the corner.  That low water bridge is very inviting to stop on and just look up or down the creek.  But my husband would never ever turn that way.  Said we had no business on that road and we would go north to the next low water bridge.  There we would sometimes fish off the bridge.  Could almost always catch a good mess of black perch in a short time.  And we had permission from the landowners at that time to stop and fish whenever we wanted.  Now I don't even know who owns that land.

readyaimduck

QuoteThe reason that they might still be maintained could lie in the fact that nobody ever did anything about closing them or giving orders to not maintain them.  IMHO that would be called oversight.

I agree.  Oh Lord!  did I just agree with Wilma????    ;D

Oh the other hand, it could be misconstrued/interpreted (if no one was paying attention) as a violation of county's resources if it was being graded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk