THE OTHER WAR POWERS ACT ..

Started by redcliffsw, April 10, 2011, 06:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

"I think of all the damnable heresies that have ever been suggested in connection with the Constitution, the doctrine of emergency is the worst. It means that when Congress declares an emergency, there is no Constitution. This means its death. It is the very doctrine that the German chancellor is invoking today in the dying hours of the parliamentary body of the German republic, namely, that because of an emergency, it should grant to the German chancellor absolute power to pass any law, even though the law contradicts the Constitution of the German republic. Chancellor Hitler is at least frank about it. We pay the Constitution lip-service, but the result is the same." Congressman James Beck, 1933

As a veteran in the trenches for going on 21 years full time, regrettably, I see good intentioned Americans continue to chase smoke in the wind because they do not know (as I did not until I took the time) the origins of our ills and so continue to pursue Band Aids instead of the cure. Instead of cutting out the cancer, they continue to cheer on the very people, the corrupt political animals in the U.S. Congress and uninformed in the state capitols, who have allowed things to fester for decades. I do not say that with arrogance because I know something you might not, but rather because it's very frustrating to see people try so hard, but make so little progress. Until we attack the growth of tyranny at the root, it will continue to grow branches choking us to death.
-Devvy Kidd

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd498.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk