Could this be Israel's next War?

Started by Warph, April 09, 2011, 12:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

In all likelihood, the Palestinians are going to unilaterally declare statehood in Judea and Samaria within the coming year.  This is not a ploy or a desperate attempt on their part but rather a clear, rational decision.  By correctly gauging the stark contrast between the massive international support for their cause as opposed to the steadily increasing de-legitimization of Israel the "apartheid state," the Palestinians have wisely decided to bypass direct negotiations since there is no point in paying for something when you can get if for free.

Thus, with country after country pledging its support, the Palestinians are going to take their case to the United Nations.

There, the Palestinians have nothing to lose for even if the Security Council rejects their bid for statehood, it will most likely be approved by the General Assembly.  Although this is less significant than an endorsement by the Security Council, an approval by the General Assembly does nonetheless have some teeth.  Most notably, as many commentators pointed out, there is something known as UNGA Resolution 377 that allows the General Assembly to call for sanctions or even military force against a country that fails to implement its recommendations.

If the "civilized world" helps bring the Palestinian plan to fruition then a very likely result of such actions will be the outbreak of war.  Thus, in a world turned upside down it will be the UN, a body formed to help foster peace throughout the world, which will be directly responsible for bringing the next great Arab-Israeli war to the Middle East.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

your premise is flawed, as is your logic.  Stop posting your zionist propaganda.  Your kind drove us to war after war and ruined our financial situation.  We are done with you. 
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on April 11, 2011, 01:10:26 AM
your premise is flawed, as is your logic.  Stop posting your zionist propaganda.  Your kind drove us to war after war and ruined our financial situation.  We are done with you. 

Damn thats the most racist statement i have heard since the 60's.   Hmm sounds like hitlers rhetoric that the financial ruin and war was the fault of the jews!    OHh I just realized... it IS Hitlers rhetoric!!!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteIf the "civilized world" helps bring the Palestinian plan to fruition then a very likely result of such actions will be the outbreak of war. 

you mean kind of like what's been going on ever since the "civilized world" helped Israels plan to fruition?

redcliffsw

Warph, I'm thinking your comments hit the nail right on the head.  There's no way that I can disagree with you.
Stay right in there.

thatsMRSc2u

I can disagree.

I have a question and it's a serious one....outside of religious superstition why do we the USA have to back Israel no matter what they do or who they pick a fight with? At no time have I ever heard anybody say "whoa back up you are oversteppin, Israel....we cant support you in this. You just cant go around throwin hissy-fits and decidin what and where belongs to you no matter who was there FIRST."

Oh yeah I forgot....that whole "God gave it to us" thing is what this country was built on....guess I just answered my own question...It's based on usin religious FERVOR to your own best advantage and discounting any "infidels" or "indigenous" peoples prior claims or residence much less resistence...because if they resist your "divine" rights they are to be destroyed if they won't submit.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 11, 2011, 08:38:49 AM
  I can disagree.

I have a question and it's a serious one....outside of religious superstition why do we the USA have to back Israel no matter what they do or who they pick a fight with? At no time have I ever heard anybody say "whoa back up you are oversteppin, Israel....we cant support you in this. You just cant go around throwin hissy-fits and decidin what and where belongs to you no matter who was there FIRST."
Well first of all since Israel returned to their land and it was recognized by the world, they have had to fight tooth and nail to keep it.  They have had every arab and their brother try to destroy them for it.  They have done well in holding their own. 

QuoteOh yeah I forgot....that whole "God gave it to us"
Thats right.  God gave it to them.  They have had it for over 3500 years.  They have had to fight to keep it and fight to retake what was stolen from them.  Kinda difficult to say it isn't their land when the arhaelogical digs prove otherwise.

Quoteyour own best advantage and discounting any "infidels" or "indigenous" peoples prior claims or residence much less resistence...because if they resist your "divine" rights they are to be destroyed if they won't submit.
If you or anyone else came and squatted on my land, you would either leave by choice or be removed by force.  I see no difference. 
quite frankly israel has been very tolerant.   I don't know of any other country that would put up with "squatters" firing rockets at its citizens...

flintauqua

And what if the Cherokee Indians decided to return to their land in the GA/TN/NC region and it was recognized by the world?  I believe archeology would prove their Native American ancestors had been there for 3500 years also, they fought to keep it but it was stolen from them anyway.  And what happened when whites squatted on the land?  The squatters got to stay and the Cherokee that resisted were driven off at the point of a bayonet.  Explain how this is different?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on April 11, 2011, 01:29:15 PM
And what if the Cherokee Indians decided to return to their land in the GA/TN/NC region and it was recognized by the world?  I believe archeology would prove their Native American ancestors had been there for 3500 years also, they fought to keep it but it was stolen from them anyway.  And what happened when whites squatted on the land?  The squatters got to stay and the Cherokee that resisted were driven off at the point of a bayonet.  Explain how this is different?
Actually indians are not native to this continent.  :)  they migrated over.  But IF they think they can take it back and hold on to it, more power to them.  

Besides they weren't given the land to them by God either.  :)

thatsMRSc2u

Wow....I almost let myself get sucked back into this stupid argument which I have had with you before Mr. Kruzich :) I just agree to DISagree with you instead....and I DO disagree with you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk