HARVEY, Treva L. (King) - b. September 6, 1913 - d. March 30, 2011

Started by patyrn, March 31, 2011, 06:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Treva L. (King) Harvey, formerly of Buffalo, Kansas, age 97, died March 30, 2011 at the Guest Home Estates in Chanute, Kansas.  Treva was born on September 6, 1913 near Latham, Kansas to Orval and Sophia (Winn) King.

Treva attended rural elementary schools and graduated from Latham High School in 1932.  On March 2, 1937, Treva married Carl Harvey in El Dorado, Kansas.  They lived in Beaumont, Kansas and rural Leon, Kansas before moving to Buffalo in 1940.  Treva and Carl were married for 56 years until Carl's death on January 11, 1994.  Treva managed the Buffalo Locker Plant for many years.  She was also a homemaker and loved watching her children, and later grandchildren, in 4-H and their sports and other activities.  She enjoyed going bowling, doing embroidery work, and was an avid KU fan.

Treva is survived by her daughter, Caryl and husband, Bill Barnaby of Longton, Kansas; two sons, Carl and wife, Reita Harvey of Little River, Kansas and Lenny and wife, Linda Harvey of Benedict, Kansas; son-in-law, Joe Dorn of Temple, Texas; daughter-in-law, Cindy Harvey of Salina, Kansas; sister, Leona Kluthe of Springfield, Missouri; sister-in-law, Mary King of El Dorado, Kansas; and 15 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great-grandchild.

Funeral services will be held Monday, April. 4, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Buffalo United Methodist Church with Pastor Jose Miranda officiating.  Burial will follow at the Buffalo Cemetery.  Visitation will be held on Sunday, April 3, 2011 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home in Fredonia, Kansas.  Memorials have been suggested to either the Buffalo United Methodist Church or the Buffalo Community Center and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Services have been entrusted to Countryside Funeral Home, 420 S. 20th Street, Fredonia, Kansas 66736.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Judy Harder

I am so sorry Caryl. Your mother left a very nice family. Rest in peace Mrs. Treva.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Jo McDonald

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Caryl.     God Bless!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk