Severy School Buildings / Campus

Started by Marcia Moore, April 02, 2011, 12:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Heard the school buildings on the Severy school campus all sold this morning as one unit for $18,500, plus a 10% buyer's premium.  Heard the buyer was someone named Dan Hanson, but nobody seems to know much about him.

hhjacobs

Today the school buildings were auctioned. The whole site was sold as unit. A man that was there with Texas tags, ended up with it for the price of $18500.00.

patyrn

Was that the buildings and the land, too?  Wouldn't it be great if he could start a small industry on that site???  Wishful thinking.....

hhjacobs

Yes all of it  Somebody said something about he buys and sells bus???

ddurbin

This is how rumors can get started, so don't take this as the full story:
Googling Dan Hanson, Texas and buses does get you a hit for a business called 101 Bus Sales at 707 N. Interstate 35, in Pearsall
Texas, with a Dan Hanson as the contact.

flo

Henry, or anyone, can you tell me if the SHS bell went with the sale?  Several of us were wondering what would happen to it.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Marcia Moore

The bell will be situated north of the new Senior Center / Community building.  It is actually there now, but hsn't been set in place yet.

Daniel-Hanson

I am Daniel Hanson.
      Last November I sold a shop I used to work on buses that I sell. Here in south Texas we have the EagleFord oil exploration going on. The shop sold at a good price to an oil service company. And Severy is in a nice part of the country. This price was right.
      No I had no immediate plans. Except for moving some equipment there. My market for the used buses has generally been Mexico. They recently passed tight restrictions on the bus imports. So I hope I can do something with this. I am affraid that it will fall into more disrepair if I don't get moving forward with it.
     This is where readers can please offer ideas.
     The nursing home turned hunting lodge in Moline is super. The owner showed me the rooms. She and her daughter know their stuff.
     Could I do?  It is a nice place.

indygal

Hi Daniel,

I personally would think a motel/lodge near 400 would be a good location, as it's not far from the gas station on the highway. And there isn't anything else closer for at least another 30 miles. I also think the school building lends itself to that purpose very well. It has a commercial type kitchen and large dining area if you wanted serve meals of any kind. The only problem I would see is the lack of private bathrooms.

It's good to know you have a genuine interest in using the building for something beneficial to the area. Thank you for seeking our input, and best wishes to you!

Wilma

Daniel-Hanson:

I am sorry that I don't have any ideas to present to you at this moment, but a lodge of some kind sounds like a good idea.  I just want to welcome you to this forum and wish you the best in anything you decide on.  Hopefully, someone will come up with something that will work for you.

Wilma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk