Medicare to pay for $93,000 prostate cancer drug

Started by Ross, March 31, 2011, 01:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: greatguns on April 01, 2011, 08:59:35 AM
No one gets put into medicare until they reach 65 years of age.  Do your homework.

I'm 50 and get medicare, not medicaid
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

What!? You mean the Gov't is taking my good money and giving to a bee and goat man? How awful!  ;D ;D ;D   How often do you  have to prove you are  still disabled?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 01, 2011, 12:54:24 PM
What!? You mean the Gov't is taking my good money and giving to a bee and goat man? How awful!  ;D ;D ;D   How often do you  have to prove you are  still disabled?

PRove? I did that when i got on disability.   I can still work according to SS.  20 hours a week if i am able.   THe rules allow for me to work.  But for the most part i am not able to put in that many hours.  There isn't any rule on me keeping bees or goats

Diane Amberg

Steve, I'm not serious, just poking ya. Honest! I keep waiting for you to come out with a cool line of honey and goat's milk soap.

Roma Jean Turner

Last I knew anyone on disability, after two years, is eligible for Medicare.  I don't know about Medicaid.  As far as the drug is concerned I always wonder what the heck it is that causes it to cost that much.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 01, 2011, 08:00:21 PM
Steve, I'm not serious, just poking ya. Honest! I keep waiting for you to come out with a cool line of honey and goat's milk soap.
Well Sarahs working on the soap line. :D  i'm just going to do honey. I've got some ideas i am working on. One of which is habenero or jalapeno honey.  Also garlic honey.   Basil and oregano honey too.  Just different spices added to it.  You can eat it like it is or use it for cooking.

I've got a half gallon of crystals in the kitchen i am messing with. Going to turn some into honeybutter or spun honey.  I can take the crystals and add it to a bucket of honey and turn it all into crystals and make spuh honey.

srkruzich

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on April 01, 2011, 08:16:18 PM
Last I knew anyone on disability, after two years, is eligible for Medicare.  I don't know about Medicaid.  As far as the drug is concerned I always wonder what the heck it is that causes it to cost that much.

When your approved for disability, Medicare starts 2 years from date you filed for disability. 
Depending on the state you live in you may or may not qualify for medicaid.  Kansas requires you to spend your income down to under 900 dollars before they assist with medicaid or foodstamps. And they do not count your housing.  They only count a portion of your rent or housing cost.  Essentially before i could possibly get medicaid, i would have to spend 5000 dollars on medical expenses before they will help.

Ross

I'd rather they gave the money to my family rather than a bunch of rich hospitals and doctors.
There is no guarantee of living 4 more months and I 'd rather just let go then live in misery
witch i don't believe would be good for me or my family.
It's just doctors and pharmacuticles attempting to play god for big bucks.

mtcookson

Quote from: Ross on April 05, 2011, 09:30:25 AMI'd rather they gave the money to my family rather than a bunch of rich hospitals and doctors.

I'd rather they didn't spend it to begin with. They don't have that kind of money to spend right now and aren't even supposed to be using our money on it.

I'm a bit conflicted right now on whether Medicare should just be completely shut down and we cut our losses or shut it down and grandfather in those that are already on it. Either way you basically have to punish everyone and pay the debt down. Its what we deserve though for constantly letting these idiot big government politicians in. Bright side is our future population will be much better off.

Sadly, its never going to happen though. I see a depression that puts the Great Depression to shame before we would actually get any sense and stop this insanity.

Lookatmeknow!!

I know this is off the subject, but why should I be paying in to SS if when I will be old enough for it, there won't be any money there????? Don't you ever wonder about this mt???

As for medicare or medicad, I don't have health insurance, I pay out of pocket and pray to God that nothing major comes up. I had to have a sono and another test and paid for them out of pocket, on a monthly payment. Much cheaper for me than any health insurance will ever be. LOL
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk