Where Will We Get Our Food?....

Started by redcliffsw, March 18, 2011, 07:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

The American public should understand that before conservation easements, wetlands, open space, green space, heritage preservation areas, parks, refuges, floodplains and all the other land preservation programs take over, we need to ask, "What will I eat when this land is no longer producing food?"
-Joyce Morrison

http://newswithviews.com/guest_opinion/guest19.htm

Warph

The next best thing is to checkout Jarhead's bunker.  You should be able to eat and drink
to your hearts content, so don't worry.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Red, most of the land you listed never did produce food. On the east coast, many woodlands are still there because they are too wet to till and were never cut down. They were never built on for the same reason. Wet lands are nurseries for baby fish and sea life that we will be able to eat later as adults in the ocean and bay. Marshes and similar areas are also homes to water fowl, deer, muskrat and many other animals that people hunt and/or trap. Flood plains do just that, they flood.
Florida is trying hard to correct their errors with the Everglades. It is a huge source of water and they almost ruined it. There is plenty of land to grow food. You'd be better off worrying about the country's  potable water supply. Without decent water recharge areas, you have even more run off and that leads to more uncontrolled flooding. We (Delaware) just recently were given a large tract of Bald Cypress swamp to add to some the state already had. It's very valuable just as it is. I don't want to see it drained and destroyed to build houses on either! It's a huge fresh water recharge area. There is enough farm land to build on that the farmers themselves are selling off. How do you stop that? Can't the farmer take his field out of production and sell it or give it to the state to preserve if he wants to? It's his land.

jarhead

Quote from: Warph on March 19, 2011, 01:17:32 PM

The next best thing is to checkout Jarhead's bunker.  You should be able to eat and drink
to your hearts content, so don't worry.

No can do WARPH. Down to three cases of persimmon and elderberry wine in the bunker. Not sure but I think ol Sarge has been raiding it at night. I am using a 330 connibear beaver trap to design and build a 990 trap. That should be big enough to catch the thieving scoundrel . Trouble is the old fool aint got enough hair left on his head to make a decent pelt.

Sarge

I know how to get around those 330 conibears. You will notice that you don't have as many greenbeans as you thought.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

Wondered what happened to those greenbeans I laced with Ex-lax. Called you this morning and Janet said you had the skitters and couldn't come to the phone. Hope you get better !!

Teresa

hahahahahahaa~~~ I rally hate to say it and I will regret it I'm sure.. But I really DO need a dose of you 2 every day.. LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk