Need Help Again

Started by Wilma, March 14, 2011, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I use a very small tank type of vacuum made by Oreck that is called the Housekeeper. I use it for edges and furniture, and it might be just right for you to use with your chair. In truth I have a better one upstairs that is along the same line and is about 20 years older. I would not trade for either one. This little guy could sit in your lap if need be, but is designed to fit over your shoulder like a shoulder strap purse. You probably can find one on Ebay for not very much money.
Edie

Wilma

That would be worth looking at anyway.  Thank you.

Diane Amberg

Ok, bag or bag less, what kind of filter, self propelled or not? 

Judy Harder

I would bet she is your personal shopper now. If you need something someone will google/shop for it. Lets see what was it I was thinking about looking up.............OH yeah, maybe a lobotomy......my brain is taking a little hike tonight...LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Bag, don't know about filter and doesn't have to be self-propelled.  I doubt if I could get along with one that had a mind of it's own.

Diane Amberg

I'm still searching. What brand vac do you have now? Frankly none of them rate very well on edge cleaning, in fact one article I found on house work in general said one should use a regular broom along the edges ,sweep with great vigor and then vacuum after.  So far I've looked at Bissell, Kenmore, Dyson, Eureka, Hoover, Electrolux, Kirby, Oreck and one commercial one, a basic with good suction, a cloth bag and a 30 ft.cord, Sanitaire. There are lots of gripes now about poor quality workmanship,cheap parts that break and overselling,...downright lies about performance. The uprights with the on board tools are quite heavy VS the simple with the wraparound cord and no on board tools.The prices range from thousands to less than a hundred. Those that have many commercials on TV add those costs to the price of the vac. clean well, but nothing spectacular for the price. Some are very noisy.

Wilma

I am currently using an old Electrolux that used to belong to my mother-in-law.  She gave up housekeeping almost 20 years ago and she had it for at least 25 years before that.  It has really good suction yet, but definitely does not do edges and corners.  If I can't get something that will do what I need done, there is no reason for me to change.

I could use the broom on the edges, but then I would have to dust.  Might as well be using an old fashioned broom on the whole floor.  Where can I get an old fashioned broom?

jarhead

Quote from wilma:
Where can I get an old fashioned broom?

Might check with Teresa. She can only ride one at a time and might lend you one. :D

Jo McDonald

For gosh sake, Jar, -- if she loaned out her spare and the #1 had a blow out...how would she get from place to place?  Give her a break -- there will be no new ones available until the middle of October.

Maybe she knows someone that has a loner... call her Wilma, it is worth a shot.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Quote from: jarhead on September 03, 2011, 06:00:24 PM
Quote from wilma:
Where can I get an old fashioned broom?

Might check with Teresa. She can only ride one at a time and might lend you one. :D

Quote from: Jo McDonald on September 03, 2011, 08:01:22 PM
For gosh sake, Jar, -- if she loaned out her spare and the #1 had a blow out...how would she get from place to place?  Give her a break -- there will be no new ones available until the middle of October.

Maybe she knows someone that has a loner... call her Wilma, it is worth a shot.

ya know~~you both should put red balls on your noses and join the circus.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk