To the people of Japan...

Started by Patriot, March 14, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Japan,

Though you may never see this, one never knows, condolences on your losses.  Our prayers go out to all the people of Japan in these devastating times.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Roma Jean Turner

My toughts and prayers are definitely with them.  I have such respect for them as a people and watch the dignity with which they deal with this.  God Bless them and protect them.

Judy Harder

I too, am in awe with the distruction and the composure of the people..
My prayers are that what ever is going to happen to any of the nations, that the compassionate continues to
see to the help of the needy.
God hold the nation and their friends and families in your hands and give them comfort.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

My prayers will be there. I find it amazing that there is nothing being said about looting. I assume that the Japanese are not having a problem with looters. Any thoughts?

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on March 16, 2011, 10:38:11 PM
My prayers will be there. I find it amazing that there is nothing being said about looting. I assume that the Japanese are not having a problem with looters. Any thoughts?

One thought is what is there to loot?  whatever was there is piled up into huge piles of splinters buried in mud and seawater.
The other is most are still looking for lost family members.  Too many things that are more important than a free whatever
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

I have good friends in Japan and thank heavens they live in the southern portion of this once beautiful and proud nation.  I had the good fortune to be stationed at Tachikawa and Yokota air bases in the early seventies for a short time.  My daughter has a friend of hers in Toyko and hasn't been able to reach her.  Please say a prayer for her friend, Yukiko, whose parents live in the north.  She might be trying to find them.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

WARPH,
My sister-in-law has lots of family in Japan. I heard she contacted them and all are fine and for that we are thankful. Since BP had to cough up 20 billion or so to clean up the oil in the Gulf, I heard GE built the Nuke plants in Japan. I wonder if they will be responsible for cleaning up this mess. Just wondering.

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on March 20, 2011, 03:38:38 PM
WARPH,
My sister-in-law has lots of family in Japan. I heard she contacted them and all are fine and for that we are thankful. Since BP had to cough up 20 billion or so to clean up the oil in the Gulf, I heard GE built the Nuke plants in Japan. I wonder if they will be responsible for cleaning up this mess. Just wondering.

Yukiko and her parents are fine.  Her parents made it to Tokyo while Yukiko went north to look for them.  She finally found them when she returned to her apartment where her parents were calmly eating dinner in her kitchen.  Weird how things happen like that. 
Yeah, and you're right, Jarhead.  I hate to burst a great Japan bash, but the reactors in Japan that are melting down were built by General Electric, the same company that helped build Three Mile Island..... but you have to remember, it doesn't matter who built the reactors, they were under control and supervised by Tokyo Electric.  In Japan, whistleblowing is simply not done.  The culture does not allow the salary men, who work all their lives for one company, such as Tokyo Electric, to drop the dime.  Its not really done here either.... not much, anyway.  Look at P. J. Crowley.  The State Department cashiered him so quickly it made your head spin.  Think he'll get another job with some cushy PR firm?  Or some nice well-funded think tank?  I doubt it.  He is probably effectively blacklisted for life.  I hope he can write a book and get it sold in sufficient quantities to support his retirement.  This country and its corporate culture probably dislikes truth sayers even more than the Japanese.  But at least we are better than the Russians where Mr. Putin simply orders up polonium cocktails for truth sayers and whistleblowers he doesn't like!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure I understand the connection between PB cleaning up the mess they caused and GE cleaning up a mess caused by nature in buildings built to Japan's specifications. I suspect it would depend on their contract. TMI was from a stuck valve. I doubt it was still under a warranty but I don't really know...it would depend on the contract. I don't remember GE being involved at all but my memory might be faulty on that. We were all on alert here, it's not that far away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk