Sunshine... taxpayer funded farm subsidies in Elk County, KS

Started by Patriot, March 10, 2011, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELK@KC

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on March 15, 2011, 10:23:55 AM
  thats probably true Frank....Corporations DO get a big share.....but to help the ones who need it sometimes you have to help the ones who dont.
  I know part of it goes to pay for NOT growing on certain # of acres to bring the price up......it's that capitalism yall like so much at work. Why SHOULDNT they? Everybody else operates on supply and demand instead of need. If it's ok for oil companies to charge whatever they can get it oughta be ok for farmers too.
  You cant have it both ways.....you cant have it for whatever industry pays YOUR( as in any persons) bills and NOT have it for whatever you ( as in any person) have to PAY for.

and thats all I got to say about THAT.....

You obviously are misinformed or don't know what capitalism is if you think it is the payment of government subsidies to the people.
The definition of capitalism is "Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for profit. Income in a Capitalist system is split between the business owners and the workers, with profit sent to the owners, in other words the Capitalists, who have invested money in businesses, and wages are paid to workers. If you have ever had a job that was not a government provided job, you have had the benefit of capitalism. Every private sector job is a result of someone investing their money and hiring people to work.

thatsMRSc2u

My remark about capitalism was the fact that farmers DONT grow to make the price higher. ELK@KC.

Diane Amberg

Somewhere along the line stock holders were missed as part "owners." I have investments in many companies and expect to share in the profit as a dividend or a value increase when I sell my shares. Right now with our economic woes, healthy companies that pay good dividends are quite valuable. Most companies that start small but intend to grow do not do it just from their own piggy bank.They borrow from a bank or from family and friends to get started. I'm a great believer in venture capital. It takes research and good judgement but sometimes it's a good way to go for all involved.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on March 16, 2011, 06:52:57 AM
My remark about capitalism was the fact that farmers DONT grow to make the price higher. ELK@KC.
What?   I fully intend on producing what i produce to maximize what profit the market will bear.   Why wouldn't i?  SHoot if everyone could produce honey then the market wouldn't bear $5.00 -$9.00 a pound for honey.

I'm not in this for my health or good looks thats for sure!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

thatsMRSc2u

for Christs sake does ANYbody read a whole post?

I hope this makes it crystal clear.....heres what I said....
QuoteI know part of it goes to pay for NOT growing on certain # of acres to bring the price up......it's that capitalism yall like so much at work.

"IT" being farm subsidies.......CAPITOLISM as in keepin DOWN supply in relation to DEMAND to BRING THE PRICE UP.
I DO have a pretty good grasp on the concept........give me a break.

Knock yourself out there Steve I wish you nothin but the greatest success with your endeavors!

Would somebody just come down here and slap the shit out of me for even STARTIN to talk in here again? SERIOUSLY take me out back and just kick the crap out of me :P

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Wouldn't do it if I could.  You make a lot of sense.

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on March 16, 2011, 08:33:36 AM
for Christs sake does ANYbody read a whole post?

I hope this makes it crystal clear.....heres what I said.... 
  "IT" being farm subsidies.......CAPITOLISM as in keepin DOWN supply in relation to DEMAND to BRING THE PRICE UP.
I DO have a pretty good grasp on the concept........give me a break.

Knock yourself out there Steve I wish you nothin but the greatest success with your endeavors!

Would somebody just come down here and slap the shit out of me for even STARTIN to talk in here again? SERIOUSLY take me out back and just kick the crap out of me :P

But being paid to not farm x number of acres is not capitalism.  There is no investment on the part of the owner to recieve the money.  They do not risk anything to not grow something on that land.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on March 16, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

But being paid to not farm x number of acres is not capitalism.  There is no investment on the part of the owner to recieve the money.  They do not risk anything to not grow something on that land.

Not to mention that the money paid was confiscated by the government under penalty of law from investors (read taxpayers) who did not make the 'investment' decision voluntarily with the expectation of a return on their money.  When someone receives something for nothing, an entitlement mentality may soon follow.  Even momma birds kick the kids out sooner or later.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteThere is no investment on the part of the owner to recieve the money.  They do not risk anything to not grow something on that land.

Actually yes they do.....they risk the fact that what they get from the subsidy will be more than what they would've gotten from planting those acres. If other factors come into play they MAY end up LOSING money. I realize I'm pissin in the wind even havin this conversation tho....just my cussedness comin into play I guess, so I'm out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk